SkyUI Rearranger

View File

Do you have hundred of mods? And when opening the MCM takes minutes to find the mod you always open to change its options?
No more pains!

With SkyUI Rearranger you can decide how the mods will appear in the SkyUI mod list.

SkyUI Rearranger allows you to "rename" the mods in the MCM list.
The mods have no impact on changing the MCM name (pages are untouched.)

Note
In case your list is missing a mod, it is because it does not use the standard SkyUI registration (for example Schlongs of Skyrim has this problem.)
Just report the missing mod to me and I will add an exception for it like I did for SOS.

Visual Example

Open the SkyUI Rearranger menu.

Don't forget to load your mods (mandatory at least the first time you use the mod.)
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=620239&id=4403&full=1

Go to the "Mods" page, and select the mod(s) you want to move
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=620238&id=4403&full=1

Click on rename
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=620237&id=4403&full=1

Assign the new name. Remember that MCM list of mods is always sorted alphabetically.
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=620236&id=4403&full=1
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=620235&id=4403&full=1

When you are done editing the Mods Names, go back to the Rearrange page and click to "Apply changes".
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=620234&id=4403&full=1

The MCM will close automatically, and when you will reopen it, your mods should have the names you defined.
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=620233&id=4403&full=1

What's new in V0.4

• Added a special exception to handle the MCM of Deviously EnslavedContinued.

What's new in V0.3

• It was no more possible to update the mods after the first scan

What's new in V0.2

• Added the ability to add numbers to mods, to enable moving them up and down (to support SkyUI V4)
  • Added a check for SkyUI version (it has to be at least version 5 to enable renaming of mods)
  • Added the ability to load/save the config in case there is PapyrusUtil

• Submitter
    CPU
  • Submitted
    08/19/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    SkyUI 5.1
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks CPU, a really useful tool for me. Just gave it a quick spin. Had trouble at first. I had to save game, quit game, relaunch game before it could find my mods (a simple save an reload did not work for me). Also it seems to work fine with skyui-away as well.

no one else has thought about this.

I think Utopium thought about this

Maybe but CPU converted that thought into reality

AJ is correct, this functionality does already exist as a standalone mod called "MCM Custom Order" and as part of Utopium's Utilities. That said, the Utilities version does weird things, like re-arrange other mods that I didn't ask to be moved, so hopefully CPU's version works better. :)

Its also a function in Grimy Utilites... called MCM Renamer

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36328/?

A question about yours though... does it have a way to remember the settings between different games?  What I mean is, if you set it up, for Character X, and restart the game for a new character, Y, does your plug in remember the settings/names used for Character Y, or do you have to "re set up" your rearranger mod?

Cheers

How does this actually work? I click on on finds which works just fine but when I click on a mod in the Mods page nothing happens... Some instructions perhaps?

Can you make it so theres no transistions/fades between menus? They eat up time and sometimes get stuck for me and cause a blank menu to appear.

I would love to. But I think these transitions are part of the swf files.

In this case will be better to write SkyUI 6.

Its also a function in Grimy Utilites... called MCM Renamer

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36328/?

A question about yours though... does it have a way to remember the settings between different games?  What I mean is, if you set it up, for Character X, and restart the game for a new character, Y, does your plug in remember the settings/names used for Character Y, or do you have to "re set up" your rearranger mod?

Cheers

Right now, no.

But I can try to save the settings and re-load them.

It is just a version done in 2 hours.

How does this actually work? I click on on finds which works just fine but when I click on a mod in the Mods page nothing happens... Some instructions perhaps?

1 All quests where the player is an alias are checked.

2 If a quest can be casted to SKI_ConfigBase, then it is a MCM

3 I keep a list of new names and when you click on apply I will re-set the names inside the list of SkyUI

When you select a mod, you should have on the right side the ability to edit the name of the mod.

If you do not have the edit, then probably you are using a non-official version of SkyUI 5.1

So far so good.

Works just like it suggests on the tin.

The few MCM items that I use all the time, I just renamed to add a - to the front if it.

This way I get the quicker access to those mods but still maintain alphabetical order.

Very nice, thanks CPU.

Re Utopium MCM mod.

This one almost worked but some menu items would just vanish from the list.

Seriously, can someone tell me how to use this to rename the mods? For the life of me I can't figure it out even after downloading new version. I managed to number and move items up/down the list but can't actually rename them. Is this even done through Rearranger's MCM menu? When I click on a mod's name in the Mods tab there is no option to rename them.

Seriously, can someone tell me how to use this to rename the mods? For the life of me I can't figure it out even after downloading new version. I managed to number and move items up/down the list but can't actually rename them. Is this even done through Rearranger's MCM menu? When I click on a mod's name in the Mods tab there is no option to rename them.

Later today I will add a few screenshot explaining how to use it.

Later today I will add a few screenshot explaining how to use it.

I would really appreciate that.

I can now confirm that there is no rename option like indicated in the images. When I click on a mod's name in the Mods tab, the right pane remains completely empty. The only option showing up there is if I enable numbering, which then allows me to move mods up and down, but never to rename them. If there's anyway I can help in debugging this let me know.

I can now confirm that there is no rename option like indicated in the images. When I click on a mod's name in the Mods tab, the right pane remains completely empty. The only option showing up there is if I enable numbering, which then allows me to move mods up and down, but never to rename them. If there's anyway I can help in debugging this let me know.

Then I confirm that you do not have SkyUI 5.1

Then I confirm that you do not have SkyUI 5.1

Not true

post-1890564-0-23729000-1503387728_thumb.png

I don't know what to say.

The mod is super easy, and I tried it many times.

If you don't see the "InputOption" on the right, then probably your swf files are not aligned to the ones from SkyUI.

I can only advise trying to reinstall SkyUI 5.1

Hmmm I did that but no luck. Everything else is in order. Must be a mod conflict somewhere but none that I can figure. Oh well.

Use the numberings.

They should work also if InputOptions are not available.

Try to move one item up or down, after selecting it.

Hmmm I did that but no luck. Everything else is in order. Must be a mod conflict somewhere but none that I can figure. Oh well.

Use the numberings.

They should work also if InputOptions are not available.

Try to move one item up or down, after selecting it.

That feature works fine. It's just the InputOptions.

Sorry. I am aware that some mods will alter some behavior of SkyUI, making impossible to use the InputOptions.

It was reported for another mod of mine.

Sorry. I am aware that some mods will alter some behavior of SkyUI, making impossible to use the InputOptions.

It was reported for another mod of mine.

Would it help if I gave you my load order? What sort of mods would cause the conflict? I use UIextentions, iHud, Better Dialogue control etc. but I doubt does alter SkyUI code.

Would it help if I gave you my load order? What sort of mods would cause the conflict? I use UIextentions, iHud, Better Dialogue control etc. but I doubt does alter SkyUI code.

Why not? Please the full one.

I will try to reproduce and identify the problem.