Bodyslide changes will not appear in game.

I use Bodyslide with mod organizer 2.0 but i was a complicated process to get them outfits made and didn't always work. Originally I did what you did and installed bodyslide with MO but what I've found to be an easier process was to install Bodyslide manually or with NMM and then install outfits and build through MO. 

1. Install Bodyslide Manually or with NMM

2. Open MO and set up a Executable shortcut which leads to Bodyslide.exe

3. Install Armor File with MO normally

4.Check mod file directory and compare to Bodyslide directory, make sure they both lead to the same file where Slider files are set.

5. Run Bodyslide through MO and build.

Whatever armors you have ticked on and have bodyslide files for will show up in the Outfit/Body list. If you don't want to make a certain outfit or have it already made just untick and boom Bodyslide.exe shows the outfits that you want.

Is your plugin even on? Make sure it's on.

Which plugin? Bodyslide doesn't have a plugin, and everything in my plugins tab is on.

I was talking about CBBE.

I'm admittedly a bit confused now. If you don't know where the meshes are, how did you create a mod with them and ensure that mod was free of conflicts?

I batch built the outfits, and the meshes were placed in the overwrite folder within the mod organizer launcher.

I don't know how Mod Organizer works since I use Nexus Mod Manager (which is way simpler in my opinion), which you can find here.

If you build the bodies in Bodyslide, you should see a file called Femalebody.nif in:

Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets

Make sure that the bodies are created there, and that the file actually does exist there.

If you're still having problems, try using Nexus Mod Manager and download and install CBBE and Bodyslide there, then build your bodies and see how that goes.

There is no meshes folder visible. I can only see a mesh folder if I hold Ctrl when I press "batch build". It is like it is invisible normally or something.

You said you did this:

I "create mod" with the files in the overwrite folder

Did you do that, or are the files still in overwrite? If you did not do that, do that, ensure the mod you create wins all conflicts, and test again. If you did do that, find the mod you created, open the folder, and screenshot its contents.

Also, I'll second Aliyana here: While I normally despise NMM, 64-bit MO was never finished and can be very buggy, so NMM may be a better choice for FO4 specifically.

EDIT: For example, one of the major issues I was having with 64-bit MO was that the Overwrite folder was inconsistently applied, which is why I'm suggesting you get the files out of there even if they really should work when they're in there.

I tried it with just keeping them in overwrite and that didn't work. I tried it with "create mod" from the overwrite folder and that didn't work either. post-1440487-0-23993900-1503286815_thumb.png

I use Bodyslide with mod organizer 2.0 but i was a complicated process to get them outfits made and didn't always work. Originally I did what you did and installed bodyslide with MO but what I've found to be an easier process was to install Bodyslide manually or with NMM and then install outfits and build through MO. 

1. Install Bodyslide Manually or with NMM

2. Open MO and set up a Executable shortcut which leads to Bodyslide.exe

3. Install Armor File with MO normally

4.Check mod file directory and compare to Bodyslide directory, make sure they both lead to the same file where Slider files are set.

5. Run Bodyslide through MO and build.

Whatever armors you have ticked on and have bodyslide files for will show up in the Outfit/Body list. If you don't want to make a certain outfit or have it already made just untick and boom Bodyslide.exe shows the outfits that you want.

Besides installing it with NMM, those are exactly the steps I take.

I made this small tutorial

Nothing fancy it's basic, unvoiced and well it has no sound period but should be enough to show you how to possibly fix it and get it working, use it as a reference for your installation. I did notice from your pictures here that your install location and settings are quite different than mine, but in theory should work the same so long as you adapt and make the directory/setting changes from my video to your MO and Bodyslide since you said you did the same steps as I.

Nothing fancy it's basic, unvoiced and well it has no sound period but should be enough to show you how to possibly fix it and get it working, use it as a reference for your installation. I did notice from your pictures here that your install location and settings are quite different than mine, but in theory should work the same so long as you adapt and make the directory/setting changes from my video to your MO and Bodyslide since you said you did the same steps as I.

Alright so, 1. Thank you for making a video.

2. When I start Bodyslide through MO like you did it's not blank, it has all the things it is supposed to have.

3. When it says it saves an outfit to steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets\FemaleBody.nif

I cannot physically see the \meshes\ folder. It is invisible, it is not there for me. I don't know if there are some permissions that I somehow turned off, I have no idea, but I CANNOT see the meshes folder, it just isn't there. Because I cannot see it I cannot "blank slate" it as you did at the very beginning of the video.

4. So I tried everything else you did in the video and it didn't work, everyone in my game still has the vanilla body with the vanilla outfit.

The worst part about all of this is that about a year and a half ago I did this and had 0 problems. It's just doing it now that everything has gone to shit.

2. When I start Bodyslide through MO like you did it's not blank, it has all the things it is supposed to have.

3. When it says it saves an outfit to steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets\FemaleBody.nif

I cannot physically see the \meshes\ folder. It is invisible, it is not there for me. I don't know if there are some permissions that I somehow turned off, I have no idea, but I CANNOT see the meshes folder, it just isn't there. Because I cannot see it I cannot "blank slate" it as you did at the very beginning of the video.

4. So I tried everything else you did in the video and it didn't work, everyone in my game still has the vanilla body with the vanilla outfit.

The worst part about all of this is that about a year and a half ago I did this and had 0 problems. It's just doing it now that everything has gone to shit.

Make sure you're running Bodyslide as an admin. And make sure that you have CBBE installed so that the normal unedited meshes and textures exist. If the file is hidden then make sure you have "Show Hidden Files" ticked, as shown here.

Like I said I don't know how MO works, but if you use NMM and install the files there. You can just go to where you installed Bodyslide and run it as an admin, then you build the body you want and that's it really. I'm really not sure as to why it's not working for you. I don't know if it's something with MO or what.

Make sure you're running Bodyslide as an admin. And make sure that you have CBBE installed so that the normal unedited meshes and textures exist. If the file is hidden then make sure you have "Show Hidden Files" ticked, as shown here.

Like I said I don't know how MO works, but if you use NMM and install the files there. You can just go to where you installed Bodyslide and run it as an admin, then you build the body you want and that's it really. I'm really not sure as to why it's not working for you. I don't know if it's something with MO or what.

I already have the "show hidden files" box check marked and still can't see the meshes folder. Also already run bodyslide as admin.

I already have the "show hidden files" box check marked and still can't see the meshes folder. Also already run bodyslide as admin.

Did you edit your Fallout4Custon.ini? If not you need to replace it into this: 

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

That's just for getting the mods to work.

As for your meshes folder problem, try just installing CBBE to see if you get anything (if it works in game and that you can see the meshes folder), then once that works then try to build the bodies.

If that doesn't work try manually creating the route Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets and then build the bodies to see how that goes.

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

As for your meshes folder problem, try just installing CBBE to see if you get anything (if it works in game and that you can see the meshes folder), then once that works then try to build the bodies.

If that doesn't work try manually creating the route Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets and then build the bodies to see how that goes.

I know that I HAVE a mesh folder. I can see it if I hold Ctrl when creating bodies in bodyslide. I just can't see it normally. As for the Fallout4Custom.ini I have already done that, and my other mods are working just fine. My beard and hair mods are working for my male character. I uninstalled MO and reinstalled, and used CBBE by itself, and it didn't work.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I know that I HAVE a mesh folder. I can see it if I hold Ctrl when creating bodies in bodyslide. I just can't see it normally. As for the Fallout4Custom.ini I have already done that, and my other mods are working just fine. My beard and hair mods are working for my male character. I uninstalled MO and reinstalled, and used CBBE by itself, and it didn't work.

I don't know why you hold CTRL when creating the bodies, just click on "Build" normally, without holding CTRL. I've never heard of holding CTRL while building bodies. I usually just build normally, though I'm not sure if there's a difference in holding CTRL or not. Try building the bodies without holding CTRL and see how that goes.

I don't know why you hold CTRL when creating the bodies, just click on "Build" normally, without holding CTRL. I've never heard of holding CTRL while building bodies. I usually just build normally, though I'm not sure if there's a difference in holding CTRL or not. Try building the bodies without holding CTRL and see how that goes.

Holding ctrl lets you choose a location to save the meshes that are built so you don't overwrite the original meshes.  I do this so I can package the results and add them as a "mod", rather than overwriting the original meshes.  I have noticed that sometimes the resulting mesh folder that is created will have a second mesh folder inside that.  Basically "data/meshes/meshes/..." - this is before packaging the results into a .7z file.  Don't know if this extra folder occurs only when using the "ctrl" method.  It's inconsistent (rebuilding the same mods doesn't always generate the dupe folders).  One thing that can be checked is to see if there is an extra meshes folder inside the "data/meshes/" folder.  If so, then that would explain why the changes aren't taking effect - the build put them to deep.

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I already said this before. I tried it with and without, neither works. You hold Ctrl to manually select the place the meshes will be placed.

Holding ctrl lets you choose a location to save the meshes that are built so you don't overwrite the original meshes.  I do this so I can package the results and add them as a "mod", rather than overwriting the original meshes.  I have noticed that sometimes the resulting mesh folder that is created will have a second mesh folder inside that.  Basically "data/meshes/meshes/..." - this is before packaging the results into a .7z file.  Don't know if this extra folder occurs only when using the "ctrl" method.  It's inconsistent (rebuilding the same mods doesn't always generate the dupe folders).  One thing that can be checked is to see if there is an extra meshes folder inside the "data/meshes/" folder.  If so, then that would explain why the changes aren't taking effect - the build put them to deep.

My meshes folder is invisible, as previously stated. I cannot access it, it is invisible.

So, checked my F04 folder tree and it got created by Steam on Thursday, ‎November ‎12, ‎2015 [not hidden], the 2nd day after game release. My Meshes folder appeared on Saturday, ‎November ‎28, ‎2015 as well as the Textures folder. The Materials folder not before Monday, ‎December ‎07, ‎2015, for example. Ring a bell? In Vanilla there ain't any of these (and other) folders present for not been created yet. Now you have CBBE installed and there ain't CBBE files in the mentioned folders 'cause you don't find the folders on disc, right? So CBBE is actually not correctly installed, BodySlide in ...data/tools is, that's why you see CBBE data in the program. However, building is disabled w/o corresponding files to overwrite in the not present folders. Reason, misconfiguration or corruption of MO. I assume that no mod that comes with its own textures and meshes 'installed' by your manager works cause they create these folders in MO... and thus there is logically no such Meshes (or Textures) folder on your disc. First aid - try to install CBBE manually and see what happens in BodySlide once you click the Build button when you see the Outfit/Body and Preset combo in the preview. Later you might rethink your MO configuration, reinstall or directly switch to the alternate NMM.

Hope this helps.

So, checked my F04 folder tree and it got created by Steam on Thursday, ‎November ‎12, ‎2015 [not hidden], the 2nd day after game release. My Meshes folder appeared on Saturday, ‎November ‎28, ‎2015 as well as the Textures folder. The Materials folder not before Monday, ‎December ‎07, ‎2015, for example. Ring a bell? In Vanilla there ain't any of these (and other) folders present for not been created yet. Now you have CBBE installed and there ain't CBBE files in the mentioned folders 'cause you don't find the folders on disc, right? So CBBE is actually not correctly installed, BodySlide in ...data/tools is, that's why you see CBBE data in the program. However, building is disabled w/o corresponding files to overwrite in the not present folders. Reason, misconfiguration or corruption of MO. I assume that no mod that comes with its own textures and meshes 'installed' by your manager works cause they create these folders in MO... and thus there is logically no such Meshes (or Textures) folder on your disc. First aid - try to install CBBE manually and see what happens in BodySlide once you click the Build button when you see the Outfit/Body and Preset combo in the preview. Later you might rethink your MO configuration, reinstall or directly switch to the alternate NMM.

Hope this helps.

Even without Mod Organizer or any mods installed there is still no meshes folder visible. I already tried installing CBBE manually and it did not work.

Hope this helps.

Even without Mod Organizer or any mods installed there is still no meshes folder visible. I already tried installing CBBE manually and it did not work.

As I've said already, there can't be such a /meshes folder in /data in vanilla, the original version the game starts with. There is none, simple as that. What you're trying to say is that it'd be impossible to create any new folder manually in /data on your computer, thus no successful manual installation of CBBE possible. That means that there is a problem with the assignment of permissions in Windows and if it remains impossible to create, for example, a /backup folder manually in /data even with administrator rights, well then you have fished malware and/or a virus, a sophisticated one that suppresses the usual Windows warning, given that you run a legal FO4 copy.

When you say "installed manually", what do you mean? Because if you copy the meshes folder into the FO4 data folder and still somehow do not have a data folder you need to reinstall Windows yesterday.

I have always had a data folder, that has never been an issue. Now that I think of it I don't actually know if I ever installed CBBE manually. I thought I did, but I will try again.

Archived