Bodyslide changes will not appear in game.

So I have created a custom body preset in fallout 4 bodyslide, I batch built the outfits and everything, and it places them in the overwrite folder. I try starting the game, and nothing has changed. I "create mod" with the files in the overwrite folder, start game, nothing has changed. I've fiddled with uninstalling and reinstalling things for days to no avail. Nothing will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Every file should be automaticly placed in correct folder and subfolder by bodyslide automaticlly in ...\Data\Meshes\...

I dont know what the trouble might be I never had that. The only trouble I had is that once using bodyslide I need to load save again for changes to appear. In skyrim you could just undress redress. Maybe you got wrong bodyslide ... I got BodySlide and Outfit Studio v4.3.1!

Maybe you didn't save that preset with changes ???

Every file should be automaticly placed in correct folder and subfolder by bodyslide automaticlly in ...\Data\Meshes\...

I dont know what the trouble might be I never had that. The only trouble I had is that once using bodyslide I need to load save again for changes to appear. In skyrim you could just undress redress. Maybe you got wrong bodyslide ... I got BodySlide and Outfit Studio v4.3.1!

I have the same version as you. Yes my preset is saved. I batch built all the outfits. It just blatantly isn't affecting the game.

Are you using Unique Player? If so you need to go to \Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\CharacterAssets and copy the femalebody.nif and paste it to \Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets

I am not using unique player. I want everyone to have this body.

It is also worth noting that I don't have a meshes folder inside of my data folder. The only folders in my data folder are FOMod, Mod Organizer, scripts, Textures, Tools, and Video. If I hold Ctrl when I press "Batch Build" and navigate to my data folder, I can see a mesh folder. However, just looking through my folders normally, there is no meshes folder.

I have the same version as you. Yes my preset is saved. I batch built all the outfits. It just blatantly isn't affecting the game.

Are you using Unique Player? If so you need to go to \Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\CharacterAssets and copy the femalebody.nif and paste it to \Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets

I am not using unique player. I want everyone to have this body.

It is also worth noting that I don't have a meshes folder inside of my data folder. The only folders in my data folder are FOMod, Mod Organizer, scripts, Textures, Tools, and Video. If I hold Ctrl when I press "Batch Build" and navigate to my data folder, I can see a mesh folder. However, just looking through my folders normally, there is no meshes folder.

Did you buy the game or is it torrented? I had a torrented version of skyrim and I couldn't build bodies etc. So maybe that's the problem? I'm not sure whats wrong really. Did you check that you have all the required mods for the Bodyslide/CBBE to work? Maybe you missed something.

thats the problem you should have, all files should be placed in data/meshes/ , you dont hold CTRL, just press batch build, or buld, dont hold CTRL, CTRL is for custom build

The only required mods are CBBE and Bodyslide studio and I have both. Yes I bought the game.

thats the problem you should have, all files should be placed in data/meshes/ , you dont hold CTRL, just press batch build, or buld, dont hold CTRL, CTRL is for custom build

I tried doing it without holding Ctrl and that doesn't work either.

All I do is install bodyslide , chose body type and presets, and press batch build, then a list of all clothes shows up I press build , and all clothes are automaticly put in data/meshes/clothes/...., maybe you need to set up bodyslide first, go to settings check if you have game place chosen like  ... D:\Games\Fallout 4\Data\

It should work :/

steam version ? I got normal cd version, from what I know steam overwrites everything. Try playing in offline mode. Nothing else comes to my mind. The problem might be in steam ......

I've never known anyone else to have problems with steam, the other times I have done it steam has never been a problem.

Steam doesn't overwrite anything, I have no clue what that's supposed to mean.

When you made the exported files into a Mod Organizer mod, did you ensure that the mod you created has the highest priority and wasn't losing any conflicts?

Did you launch bodyslide through MO?  I assume you still need to do that for MO for FO4.  Sorry to bring this up but its all I can think of out of stuff that hasnt been brought up.

I personally like to use NMM for FO4 instead of MO.  I have had more luck with it.  I prefer MO but find NMM works better for me with FO4. 

Did you launch bodyslide through MO?  I assume you still need to do that for MO for FO4.  Sorry to bring this up but its all I can think of out of stuff that hasnt been brought up.

I personally like to use NMM for FO4 instead of MO.  I have had more luck with it.  I prefer MO but find NMM works better for me with FO4. 

Yes I started bodyslide through mod organizer

Is your plugin even on? Make sure it's on.

Which plugin? Bodyslide doesn't have a plugin, and everything in my plugins tab is on.

Is your plugin even on? Make sure it's on.

Which plugin? Bodyslide doesn't have a plugin, and everything in my plugins tab is on.

I was talking about CBBE.

I'm admittedly a bit confused now. If you don't know where the meshes are, how did you create a mod with them and ensure that mod was free of conflicts?

I batch built the outfits, and the meshes were placed in the overwrite folder within the mod organizer launcher.

I don't know how Mod Organizer works since I use Nexus Mod Manager (which is way simpler in my opinion), which you can find here.

If you build the bodies in Bodyslide, you should see a file called Femalebody.nif in:

Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets

Make sure that the bodies are created there, and that the file actually does exist there.

If you're still having problems, try using Nexus Mod Manager and download and install CBBE and Bodyslide there, then build your bodies and see how that goes.

You said you did this:

I "create mod" with the files in the overwrite folder

Did you do that, or are the files still in overwrite? If you did not do that, do that, ensure the mod you create wins all conflicts, and test again. If you did do that, find the mod you created, open the folder, and screenshot its contents.

Also, I'll second Aliyana here: While I normally despise NMM, 64-bit MO was never finished and can be very buggy, so NMM may be a better choice for FO4 specifically.

EDIT: For example, one of the major issues I was having with 64-bit MO was that the Overwrite folder was inconsistently applied, which is why I'm suggesting you get the files out of there even if they really should work when they're in there.

Archived