Guest riserax

Honestly, this has been sketchy from the start.

I was one of the mod authors she contacted. First of all, she posts a picture of one of my characters as a playable one, with the title "If Anyone Is Interested", no description, as if to offer them via PM or something. She contacted me later asking for my permission, after the creation. She insists it's okay, it doesn't use my character's sculpts, it's a "different process". Though, even if it is a different process, it is still my character being offered. Now she posts shortly after I deny her request (since the whole thing just seemed off to me) about this nonsense now. Seems like another PM stunt to me. That picture I kindly asked her to remove that offers my characters as available from her, is still up, too.

Smells like sushi! xD

Though, don't let it spiral into some dramatic fuckboy fest. I'm just mentioning it to try to make sense of what is going on.

Why make a topic where you do something, then specifically tell people not to do the same thing? Where you teach people how, yet shame people for doing so? And go through the process to make a tool, only to forbid people from using it?

When you made "Player Framework" were you naive to the fact that other people would want to... use it for the exact purpose you created it for?

I don't condone stealing, nor do I mind you not releasing your stuff... but why mention it all? Why not just say 'fuck skyrimGTX' every few days, and be done with it.

Seems like you didn't bother reading the topic. This was meant for those people who have been constantly pming me in LL and nexus to teach them how to do it.

There still gonna pm and ask you even if they do read this topic... people always think there the exception to the rules instead of the reasons they're enforced.

Still... why create something that (I'm assuming) you intended to release that essentially steals from creators? You may ask for permission, others won't, and I don't want to believe you're naive/gullible enough to believe otherwise; and if you never intended to release it... why bother telling people at all?

Yup that will always be the case seems like it.

It was created as a long project to be released for the public at mind, I wasn't thinking about anything regarding permissions back then. Now I know how a shit storm permission works, and know alot of people who have been affected by it. That is why it won't be out anymore.

You are going in circles again. I've stated so many times already why.

I have made playable version of some of my followers. My one follower uses ECE ygnord I start my game and select ygnord race then gender after that I open the console and search for my followers name and then their race name and type in setrace ********* and hit enter. Once that is done I save the game and then close the game down if you don't close the game down and try to adjust any sliders the face will get hit by the ugly stick and everything will change. So close the game down load up the save file and open the race menu using the console and change the hair and body features to match the followers.

That is because you used the facegen method, one of the ways to use the facegen method. 

Honestly, this has been sketchy from the start.

I was one of the mod authors she contacted. First of all, she posts a picture of one of my characters as a playable one, with the title "If Anyone Is Interested", no description, as if to offer them via PM or something. She contacted me later asking for my permission, after the creation. She insists it's okay, it doesn't use my character's sculpts, it's a "different process". Though, even if it is a different process, it is still my character being offered. Now she posts shortly after I deny her request (since the whole thing just seemed off to me) about this nonsense now. Seems like another PM stunt to me. That picture I kindly asked her to remove that offers my characters as available from her, is still up, too.

Smells like sushi! xD

And here you are still raging, what would you feel if I released this publicly and someone converts your mods, then releases it publicly? 

You're lucky that it was me who made this tool, otherwise, hotfiles tend to go out public.

Dunno why you are so hostile with a picture tho. 

Prolly gonna release it to the public :P 

LMAO i know bad joke. no worries i deleted your player version followers, you're too sentimental anyways. OOOOOPS

We already know that is what you are doing. :) You just think you're sneaky. That's fine though. I wish you the best in whatever you do.

Hmmmm, when did I release any follower publicly without any permission ever in my history of modding? hmmmmm

Cool, Thanks for the blessing and permission

Mimic plugin is a failure, you need to have the complete head mesh, respective textures, hair textures and all the requirements before you get the exact same follower copy.

the trick to make mimic fail is to delete what there is above tintmask in tesedit

without that you end up witth femalehead.nif on your char

tha was enought to make you fail? you don't need much

170817125322591054.jpg

for the heads made using the vertex editor, you had to copy paste the head nitrishape in femalehead.nif, same for eyes, eyesbrow and mouth

you no longer have to do that since racemenu sculpt mode

the trick to make sculpt mode fail is to add one verticle to the mesh

that isn't a problem either

you put that head with one more verticle in bodychange folder x, switch to bodychange x in game, and you are good to go

there are easier tricks but i don't feel helping them

Mimic plugin is a failure, you need to have the complete head mesh, respective textures, hair textures and all the requirements before you get the exact same follower copy.

the trick to make mimic fail is to delete what there is above tintmask in tesedit

without that you end up witth femalehead.nif on your char

tha was enought to make you fail? you don't need much

170817125322591054.jpg

for the heads made using the vertex editor, you had to copy paste the head nitrishape in femalehead.nif, same for eyes, eyesbrow and mouth

you no longer have to do that since racemenu sculpt mode

the trick to make sculpt mode fail is to add one verticle to the mesh

that isn't a problem either

you put that head with one more verticle in bodychange folder x, switch to bodychange x in game, and you are good to go

there are easier tricks but i don't feel helping them

You don't get the point. You see already the amount of process you went through just to make it work. you even had to go in the folders and you have to add verticle to the mesh.

Point of the tool was its just a drag and drop viola done, play as the follower with "COMPLETE CONTROL" EDIT EVERYTHING WITHOUT TOUCHING SCULPT OR FOLDERS!

You are going in circles again. I've stated so many times already why.

I wasn't going in circles... I was asking a rhetorical question.

Sorry I'm bad at it detecting rhetorical questions.

you have to add verticle to the mesh.

you were too lazy to bother reading?

they are just wasting their time for nothing

like the ones that don't put the source of the pex (there's champollion to decompile)

or the ones that rename a nif meshes to the same name to make bodyslide crash (no longer crash in outfitter with those, don't know about bodyslide)

or whatever they try

you have to add verticle to the mesh.

you were too lazy to bother reading?

they are just wasting their time for nothing

like the ones that don't put the source of the pex (there's champollion to decompile)

or the ones that rename a nif meshes to the same name to make bodyslide crash (no longer crash in outfitter with those, don't know about bodyslide)

or whatever they try

Still not getting the point. You are doing alot of things before you get it to work.

I'm doing 2 clicks, literally

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Why are permissions even an issue for characters that have been released? Why would anyone release a character they didn't intend to fully relinquish to the whims of other users? What difference does it make if it's a follower or player-character?

It seems to me your so-called "problem" is a fiction.

Also, regardless of your intentions, what this thread is going to do is stir up drama. It was a bad idea to post this.

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Why are permissions even an issue for characters that have been released? Why would anyone release a character they didn't intend to fully relinquish to the whims of other users? What difference does it make if it's a follower or player-character?

It seems to me your so-called "problem" is a fiction.

Also, regardless of your intentions, what this thread is going to do is stir up drama. It was a bad idea to post this.

I guess you weren't on the request threads.  A certain follower mod author and her fans declared her rights as author extends and trumps over anyone's private usage.  So anyone using RaceMenu's sculpt function to copy her nifs are thieves, even for PERSONAL use.  Seriously that's their claim and apparently she wasn't alone.

I guess you weren't on the request threads.  A certain follower mod author and her fans declared her rights as author extends and trumps over anyone's private usage.  So anyone using RaceMenu's sculpt function to copy her nifs are thieves, even for PERSONAL use.  Seriously that's their claim and apparently she wasn't alone.

That's stupid. They're stupid.

You can't police personal use. If no one's trying to pass off your work as their own, there's nothing you can do about it.

All you can really do is never release your source files and hope nobody wants it bad enough to reverse-engineer whatever it is they want.

Ahh internet drama. Never gets old.

-snip-

^^^ EVERYONE IS GAY EXCEPT ME HAWHAW

Seriously tho, stop getting butthurt ppl. She's not releasing the framework. End of story. Go make it yourself if you want it.

Oh. I getz i7. you iz 1 0f 7hose 7rollz

4b8e5333fea465fae3f3163d7cdf78fd--troll-

Lookup the character called Falari  I was able to make a 100% playable version in 5 minutes.

Were you able to change face tints/hair/makeup/color/lips face paints, tattoos and not have it revert after loading a save?

If yes, I'm impressed.

If no, either facegen or sculpt is the one you used.

Lookup the character called Falari  I was able to make a 100% playable version in 5 minutes.

Were you able to change face tints/hair/makeup/color/lips face paints, tattoos and not have it revert after loading a save?

If yes, I'm impressed.

If no, either facegen or sculpt is the one you used.

There are no tattoos , and these is in SSE so yes.

you think your "framework" is something new?

391220enb2017082122032081.jpg

oh wait, that follower use sg

941496enb2017082122032825.jpg

673557enb2017082122033163.jpg

you think your "framework" is something new?

391220enb2017082122032081.jpg

oh wait, that follower use sg

941496enb2017082122032825.jpg

673557enb2017082122033163.jpg

I did not use any "framework" I just followed the file paths and what was used to make the character . But, if I wanted to make other followers into a playable race it would mostly be a drag and drop job. If that is what you call a "framework". In these section of thing. I just stating what I simply did you can save the rest. ...

I did not use any "framework" I just followed the file paths and what was used to make the character . But, if I wanted to make other followers into a playable race it would mostly be a drag and drop job. If that is what you call a "framework". In these section of thing. I just stating what I simply did you can save the rest. ...

don't have his "framework"

don't need that to do whatever i want to a follower head nif

What I find funny about followers mod(s) is they release them thinking they won't be messed with... I mean you did just release a mod to millions of people of multiple languages what you think was going to happen.

What I find funny about followers mod(s) is they release them thinking they won't be messed with... I mean you did just release a mod to millions of people of multiple languages what you think was going to happen.

That and most follower makers do credit other mods and modders of the mods they use in the process of making their own follower.  It isn't exactly secret what skin, hair, eyes, face paint, tintmasks, etc they use unless it is vanilla or they made their own.

If you never intended to release the mod why bother posting anything about it here? All it sounds like is bragging "look what I made but you can't have it" especially when others show ways to do the same thing and you keep saying "mine is better". Childish.

As far as permissions from other mod authors concerning their followers and such if you don't include any of them then you don't have to bother. If someone uses your mod to make players from followers and posts them it is their responsibility to get permission regardless of how they did it.

Archived