New game mods for pipboy

If I want to start a new game, I have mods for pipboy. They don't show up when I finally get my pipboy. Is there a way to fix this so they are in my pipboy when I get it? I mean other than uninstalling these mods until I do put the pipboy on. I am using a save that starts at the end of the vault with the pipboy already on my arm. Please help

Texture replacers should work fine since they don't require an activated plugin. 

However, if you're using pipboy mods that DO require a plugin, assuming that you've installed the mods correctly, I suggest that you DON'T activate them until you actually get the pipboy.

In other words, install the pipboy mods but don't activate them. Start a new game and make a save after you exit the vault (you'll have the pipboy by then). Exit to desktop, activate your pipboy mods, launch the game and load your save. You should be OK but if you're still having issues, the chances are good that the problem is a messed up mod installation. Make sure you've read the author's mod page and followed his instructions. 

Yeah if you're talking about Holotape settings that get added automatically, then like Invictaxe said, they usually have replacements in the Chem Station that you can craft.

Most of those types of mods are bummers when it comes to new games, as it adds the holotape right at character creation (or once you click new game), and then when you finally get your pipboy, you don't have the holotape anymore. But they usually have replacements you can make in the Chem Station. So check there.

Yeah if you're talking about Holotape settings that get added automatically, then like Invictaxe said, they usually have replacements in the Chem Station that you can craft.

Most of those types of mods are bummers when it comes to new games, as it adds the holotape right at character creation (or once you click new game), and then when you finally get your pipboy, you don't have the holotape anymore. But they usually have replacements you can make in the Chem Station. So check there.

Mostly Vinfamys mods and four play.

Archived