[WIP] FP based Brothel / Prostitution system for settlements

Roggvir

I like the brothel idea brought into life by the Four-Play Prostitution mod made by vinfamy,
but i think it is lacking when it comes to settlement integration, so i decided to start working on a different system.

Main features and differences from current FPP:

• No teleportation [done]
    Customers travel to the brothel (and back where they came from) on their own.
    To allow the NPCs travel unhindered, they are added into a special faction with neutral interfaction relations with any other faction the NPC could possibly encounter, and they are given special ability to calm them.
    The calming ability keeps even Very Aggresive npcs calm, while allowing their interfaction relations to be Neutral, so they will still defend if they are shot at (by player for example), but they will not initiate any fights.
    The only other way would be to set the interfaction relations of the special faction to Friendly, but that would prevent them from returning fire if attacked.
    (as a side effect, it allows for some funny moments - if the player chooses - by starting a fight with any of the brothel clients, probably due to various crime faction settings, it may result in a skirmish involving several other brothel clients fighting the player and/or each other ...well, mostly each other - the more different factions are there, the more chaos gets unleashed)

• Brothel Center [todo]
    An object to mark this Brothel's Center around which the clients will be sandboxing (within adjustable radius) while waiting their turn with one of the prostitutes.
    Build it in workshop mode and place it to mark the brothel's center - the object will be visible only in workshop mode.
    It will automatically disappear after leaving workshop mode, and reappear only when entering the workshop mode again.
    Made a nice semi-transparent orange marker for this, such beauty :)

• Brothel Beds [done]
    Special brothel beds buildable in workshop mode.
    Use workshop mode to assign NPC to one of these beds to turn that NPC into a prostitute.
    Assigned NPCs keep their normal day jobs, and work them while not attending to a customer.
    They also count as normal beds, so assigned NPCs will use them for normal sleeping.
    Each bed provides some small bonus to settlement happiness.

• Brothel Safe [done]
    Special brothel safe to store the brothel earnings.
    Purely optional - if not built, the caps will be stored in the settlement workbench.
    You can choose from wall safe, floor safe, or the big box - build it in workshop mode (allows placing only one safe per location).

• Brothel Terminal [done]
    Needs to be built in workshop mode.
    Displays some basic statistics and allows setting available options (see bellow).

• Option - Allow specific races/factions [done]
    Each of the listed race/faction can be individually toggled as allowed or forbidden in given brothel:
    - Ghouls (not ferals)
    - Super mutants
    - Synths Gen1
    - Synths Gen2
    - Gunners
    - Raiders
    - Humans (other than those covered by any faction listed above)

• Option - Opening Hours [done]
    Set time when the brothel opens and when it closes.
    While the brothel is closed, any assigned prostitutes behave according to their normal settlement behaviour.
    When the brothel opens, it starts inviting clients to come in, and assigned prostitutes start tending to the clients as they keep arriving.

• Option - Brothel Radius [done]
    Limits the distance this brothel can invite clients from.
    Default setting is 50 000 units, maximum is 100 000 units.
    To give a better idea what this means, here are some approximate distances:
        13 000 units from Sanctuary to Red Rocket
        85 000 units from Sanctuary to Covenant
      123 000 units from Sanctuary to Bunker Hill
        26 000 units from Bunker Hill to Goodneighbor
        40 000 units from Goodneighbor Diamond City

• Option - Sandbox Radius [done]
    Clients waiting their turn with one of the prostitutes, will keep within this radius around your Brothel Center.
    Can be set to 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 units.
    Default setting is 2 000 units.

• Option - Capacity limiter [todo]
    Client capacity is a number controling how many clients will be "invited" (added to given brothel's queue) at one time.
    While open and having prostitutes assigned to beds, brothels will always try to keep this many clients in queue, and because it can take some clients a long time to get there, we want to queue significant number of them to keep the brothel busy.

Current formula:
            capacity = Math.log(assigned_beds * 1.6) * (10 - Math.log(assigned_beds * 0.25))
            ...results in the following numbers
            post-594712-0-57971700-1502844641_thumb.png
            (blue numbers are beds, black numbers are the corresponding calculated capacity)

This option will allow to set a constraint on the capacity calculation, clamping the result to the given maximum allowed value.
    This will be usefull in case the normal calculation would result in a brothel becoming overcrowded

Current status is a Work In Progress, and it doesn't yet support the Four-Play framework, so no download.

Please be patient, download should be available soon after i implement support for the FP framework.

TODO list (in order as things should happen)

• Workshop object for Brothel Center - DONE
    (see the spoiler above)

• Add the Capacity limiter option - DONE
    Including implementation of a better capacity formula.
    (see the spoiler above)

• Add support for the FP framework
    Right now, there is no sexing going on, no clients get serviced, because i didn't implemented this part.

• Release first version

• Add support for Devious Devices

• Implement a way allowing the player to work as a prostitute
    Probably the easiest way would be just via dialog with any of the loitering clients, and using any nearby unassgined bed, while prioritizing any beds owned only by the player.

• Add toggleable option to allow Settlers from any settlement.
    Allowing only settlers from that brothel's settlement is already easy to do by adjusting the invite radius, but if we want to allow/prevent settlers from other settlements, we need this toggle.

MAYBE list

(things that might make their way into the mod, or not.. we'll see, but before that we'll think about them)

• Integration with SIM Settlements

• Prostitute outfits
    Containers (or mannequins?) for adding wearable items which will be considered by prostitutes when choosing what to wear.
    It can be in form of all items mixed in one container, from which the prostitutes randomly choose.
    Or it can be several containers/mannequins, where each one will define a full outfit set a prostitute can wear.
    Maybe with several containers to define outfits for different occasions, or for different time of day, or for ...whatever.

• Different types of beds for different clientele
    Cheap dirty mattresses for mutants or raiders, who also pay less.
    Better, cleaner beds/mattresses for settlers and other normal humans.
    Highclass luxury beds for prominent named NPCs, or bosses.

• Assignable "lure" posts/rugs/objects for prostitutes
    While the Brothel is open, available prostitutes will stand/sit/dance/whatever at these posts/lamps/rugs/anything, playing idle animations if possible, as in "luring clients from the streets".
    Once they get a client, it will follow them to wherever that prostitute's assigned bed is, to do the deed.
    Of course, this includes some kind of "relaxation" post/rug/chair which can be placed close to the prostitutes bed, so they stick near it if desired.

In the meantime, go wild with your suggestions.

I so can't wait to see this released! The one with FPP is workable, but this sounds like it's gonig to be far more detailed. Any ETA in the works yet? Not wanting to rush you... honest! :P

A suggestion I have - different types of beds to interact with different standards of clientele? Lets say - Dingy matresses as low tier, regular beds for mid tier and the finer (or even pre-war) versions as top tier.

Low tier for raiders and super mutants, and they pay less money. They don't care what the bedding is like, they just want sex.
Mid tier for settlers and civilians of Goodneighbour, covenant and Diamond city. They are worried about the conditions of the beds they are in, or can just afford the better services.

Top tier for the likes of the Mayor of Diamond city, or the leaders of the Gunnars and big traders from bunker hill. They can afford the very best, so why settle for less?

It would allow for people to theme various areas - so tiny shacks to the most grand buildings imaginable. But, it would mean that they player building these in the settlements can build them how they want. One player can build a skanky crackhouse of a place, and another something approaching paradise.

Progress update

- Workshop object for Brothel Center is done

I spent too much time by making the marker mesh in Nifskope - could be faster if i'd actually knew what am i doing, but that's water under the bridge now. Now i have this beautifull new marker object:

post-594712-0-46392800-1502823522_thumb.png

...and it magically disappears/reappears as required.

I so can't wait to see this released! The one with FPP is workable, but this sounds like it's gonig to be far more detailed. Any ETA in the works yet? Not wanting to rush you... honest! :P

A suggestion I have - different types of beds to interact with different standards of clientele? Lets say - Dingy matresses as low tier, regular beds for mid tier and the finer (or even pre-war) versions as top tier.

Low tier for raiders and super mutants, and they pay less money. They don't care what the bedding is like, they just want sex.

Mid tier for settlers and civilians of Goodneighbour, covenant and Diamond city. They are worried about the conditions of the beds they are in, or can just afford the better services.

Top tier for the likes of the Mayor of Diamond city, or the leaders of the Gunnars and big traders from bunker hill. They can afford the very best, so why settle for less?

It would allow for people to theme various areas - so tiny shacks to the most grand buildings imaginable. But, it would mean that they player building these in the settlements can build them how they want. One player can build a skanky crackhouse of a place, and another something approaching paradise.

ETA is the usual - when its done :) ...i think few days from now.

Its mostly lacking only the actual sexing, which should be relatively quick to implement due to using the FP framework.

Different types of beds for different clientele... nice idea.

But it might require a bit more complicated approach, because someone could build a high-tier beds in an area with no high-tier customers within the brothel's reach - same could happen with the low-tier beds too.

So, i think later i will rewrite the way how clients get "invited" - it will have to be a central script, managing all brothels, so it can "invite" appropriate clients to appropriately furnished brothels (if available), while also prioritizing the closest available.

There probably should be a toggleable option for each brothel or even for individual beds? to allow tier-appropriate clients only, or any clients IF appropriately tiered bed cannot be found.

Anyway, YES to this idea.

biggrin.png

ALSO! Other idea - no idea if it's possible - but what about using a few of the idle animation rugs as relaxation points for only hookers? So they can stay close to their bed? 

Yep, good point. I was thinking of making idle markers for this, wich could be then assigned to a prostitute as a job.

You could place it near a bed, or even outside (lets say you build a dedicated brothel building - you could then place these "prostitute posts" outside in front of the brothel. The prostitute would stand there, "luring" clients, and then walk with them inside to the bed and do the deed).

Again, YES to the idea :)

Cool, an advanced brothel system...

In singing settler mod there is several containers for different phase of the day (scene, casual, sleep) . Maybe interesting thing to implement... (container in which outfits are randomly picked by prostitutes accordingly to their ongoing work)

I also think that rugs are a good thing (prostitute and johns) for natural queuing . In a close brothel this can prevent smash-up.

Progress update

Option - Capacity limiter [done]

Default capacity limit is set to 30, with maximum allowed value of 100.

Calculation formula:

capacity = Math.log(assigned_beds * 1.6) * (10 - Math.log(assigned_beds * 0.25))
    post-594712-0-57971700-1502844641_thumb.png
    (blue numbers are beds, black numbers are the corresponding calculated capacity)

Will you be making something similar to SIM Settlements?

I dont think so, it's not part of my plan, but i might decide later after i have some time to think about it - right now i dont even know how should it work with SIM Settlements (like what progression, what stuff should it place, and how, etc.).

So probably not, but if not me, someone else might make a patch for it.

Cool, an advanced brothel system...

In singing settler mod there is several containers for different phase of the day (scene, casual, sleep) . Maybe interesting thing to implement... (container in which outfits are randomly picked by prostitutes accordingly to their ongoing work)

I also think that rugs are a good thing (prostitute and johns) for natural queuing . In a close brothel this can prevent smash-up.

Yeah, i was thinking about something like this (except using mannequins instead of containers) when i had some problem with npc outfits...

I was thinking of a placeable mannequins (one per outfit) so you could immediately see how it will look - if there are some slot conflicts between any of the items, causing one or the other to be unequipped.

But throwing everything into one container, and let them pick stuff randomly, is another possibility - and maybe a better one, because one box wont clutter the place as much as several mannequins would.

Yep, maybe.

Will you be making something similar to SIM Settlements?

I dont think so, it's not part of my plan, but i might decide later after i have some time to think about it - right now i dont even know how should it work with SIM Settlements (like what progression, what stuff should it place, and how, etc.).

So probably not, but if not me, someone else might make a patch for it.

I understand, but if you find the time take a look at this link.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22808/?

It pretty much teaches you how to set it up, gives you random resources and so on.

At the end of the day though you just need some shack with a bed & couple of neon-lights/posters to advertise the building as a Brothel. Surely reusing existing assets with some minor 'adult' oriented edits is all thats needed.

Anyway good luck :D

Would be cool if other settlers from your settlements came along for a visit. Centre the brothel in the middle of a group of settlements. Star light drivein is one such place.  Fixs the problem of having enemy factions in the settlement , Raiders would not be paying for anything but drugs so why have them.

Also a option that only allows settlers from your settlements. No raiders supermutants and the likes, well enemy factions in my eyes would never be allowed into a minuteman settlement any way.

The option of only settlers (as clients) of their own settlement would be good.

Possibly adjustable with radius?

NPC's from somewhere else can break game (if unique NPC's). Dialogs are available that are invalid at this location and trigger Quests.

Would be cool if other settlers from your settlements came along for a visit. Centre the brothel in the middle of a group of settlements. Star light drivein is one such place.  Fixs the problem of having enemy factions in the settlement , Raiders would not be paying for anything but drugs so why have them.

Also a option that only allows settlers from your settlements. No raiders supermutants and the likes, well enemy factions in my eyes would never be allowed into a minuteman settlement any way.

Not sure i understand the point, so please bear with me:

- there is no problem with having enemy factions in your Brothel :)

- you can toggle who's allowed, so you can allow or forbid raiders (or mutants, or synths, or gunners, etc.) from visiting that brothel.

- if you want, you can allow clients from these enemy factions into your brothel. They won't start any trouble, unless YOU start it first!

So, these options are available for you to do with them as you like.

As for allowing only settlers from your settlements - good idea, i'll add that as a toggleable option.

NPC's from somewhere else can break game (if unique NPC's). Dialogs are available that are invalid at this location and trigger Quests.

As you mentioned yourself, you can already do that by simply setting small enough "client inviting radius".

It might still "invite" some occasional trader or caravan guards who just happens to be present at your settlement at that time, but other than that it should only pick your settlers as there won't be anyone else eligible within given radius.

For unique/special/quest-reserved NPCs i already have a formlist containing all the actors who should be excluded.

Well, maybe not all, just all those i picked (just to name a few: all the "dead" neighbors from Vault 111, player's dead spouse, Amelia who is supposed to be in Covenant's Compound prison cage, Honest Dan, Maxon, Eddie Winters who is supposed to be in that hideout of his, and many others).

The list is not complete yet - it will be part of the bugfixing process to add other NPCs as required.

Something that might be easier - an option to turn off the selecting of neaby NPC's and just have it spawn random ones instead at the edge of the selection zone that walk over. Use the settler randomisation maybe? If it's at the edge of the radius then you don't get the annoying pop in's of an NPC spawning.

Something to ponder...

I was just thinking - do i have it all backwards??? ...the way how brothels "invite" clients?

I made it so each brothel has a quest script which looks for clients within a given radius, storing all eligible NPCs in a collection.

Then as long as the collection is not empty, and that brothel's "clients queue" is not at maximum capacity, a random NPC is selected from this collection and added to that brothel's "clients queue", and the NPC starts his journey to the brothel.

But shouldn't it be the other way around?

Shouldn't the NPC decide "i want to fuck", and then choose the nearest brothel to go to? (if this NPC is eligible/allowed and within the brothel radius).

It does seem like a bit more realistic way of decision making, BUT what seems more human-like doesn't neccessarily have to be also the right way to code things...

Though this way would make it also easier to handle the bed-type preferences (if the NPC is within radius of two brothels, we could choose to send him to the one having the preferred type of beds/service/whatever, even if it wouldn't be the closest brothel).

Another thing is the brothel's opening/closing hours - they are nice to have, to drive the prostitute's behaviour packages, BUT when it comes to clients far away (yet within radius) - what if the travel takes them so long that the brothel closes before they can get there?
...this should be somehow taken into account - somehow approximating how long would it take the NPC to get to the brothel, and if he couldn't make it in time, we wouldn't send him - this would be impossible to do with current scripts running only while the brothel is open (because depending on how long the brothel stays open, the npc could be enough far away, that he couldn't get to the brothel before its closing time).

Also, maybe instead of running 1 ClientFinder for each open Brothel, we might be better of with running just ONE ClientFinder for all of them, even if this ONE would keep running non-stop (or as long as at least one Brothel exists).

decisions, decisions...

Something that might be easier - an option to turn off the selecting of neaby NPC's and just have it spawn random ones instead at the edge of the selection zone that walk over. Use the settler randomisation maybe? If it's at the edge of the radius then you don't get the annoying pop in's of an NPC spawning.

There isn't really any need for that.

Besides, what if the player is near the edge of the zone? that would still result in the annoying pop in of spawning NPC.

And implementing it as another option, it wouldn't really be easier, because implementing any random spawner would be adding more work to the project.

Also, the current system works perfectly fine when the options are set accordingly, so i dont really see any need for adding another way of doing the same thing.

And did i mention that i hate spawning/teleporting with passion? ;)

Getting rid of the teleporting as it happens in original FPP is one of the major points of this mod.

Something to ponder...

I was just thinking - do i have it all backwards??? ...the way how brothels "invite" clients?

I made it so each brothel has a quest script which looks for clients within a given radius, storing all eligible NPCs in a collection.

The nas long as the collection is not empty, and that brothel's "clients queue" is not at maximum capacity, a random NPC is selected from this collection and added to that brothel's "clients queue", and the NPC starts his journey to the brothel.

Shouldn't the NPC decide "i want to fuck", and then choose the nearest brothel to go to? (if this NPC is eligible/allowed and within the brothel radius).

It does seem like a bit more realistic way of decision making, BUT what seems more human-like doesn't neccessarily have to be also the right way to code things...

Though this way would make it also easier to handle the bed-type preferences (if the NPC is within radius of two brothels, we could choose to send him to the one having the preferred type of beds/service/whatever, even if it wouldn't be the closest brothel).

Another thing is the brothel's opening/closing hours - they are nice to have, to drive the prostitute's behaviour packages, BUT when it comes to clients far away (yet within radius) - what if the travel takes them so long that the brothel closes before they can get there?

...this should be somehow taken into account - somehow approximating how long would it take the NPC to get to the brothel, and if he couldn't make it in time, we wouldn't send him - this would be impossible to do with current scripts running only while the brothel is open (because depending on how long the brothel stays open, the npc could be enough far away, that he couldn't get to the brothel before its closing time).

Also, maybe instead of running 1 ClientFinder for each open Brothel, we might be better of with running just ONE ClientFinder for all of them, even if this ONE would keep running non-stop (or as long as at least one Brothel exists).

decisions, decisions...

Great ideas and I am looking forward to this also. As far as hours of business, maybe prostitutes can be assigned shifts, if you have 5 total, 3 might work the busy times in the evenings with one each on the other shifts.

Something to ponder...

Then as long as the collection is not empty, and that brothel's "clients queue" is not at maximum capacity, a random NPC is selected from this collection and added to that brothel's "clients queue", and the NPC starts his journey to the brothel.

decisions, decisions...

Actually it would be more natural, the suitor goes to the whore than vice versa.
You're right.

But technically, the query should be reversed.

The whore should check whether a customer is valid in radius x.
It would be less script-heavy and more powerful. (1 check for 1 whore and x NPC's)

Test conditions for example:

- Settlement / NPC not in combat
- Whore is at work (working hours)

- Whore is ready for work - currently no customer, also take a break, take showers, eat something etc. - should be included ;)

- exclude special customers (active followers, guards ?, caravan - because of brahmin, sleeping NPC's etc.)

- is NPC available for this - not as customer fpr other Whores (factions ?)

The found Actors (also several- for threesome) then use as for visiting whore.

The solution with the radius is good - it is sufficient for own settlement, if one would like.

For beds would be flat beds / mattresses suitable.
Otherwise, it can happen that the NPC's are standing there on the roof.

As described above, I have rewritten the prostitution mod of Vinfamy (without beds). Actually work quite well.

Current flow of each Brothel process is this: yuml.me/e85955f3 (just a rough diagram, but it describes the basics).

btw. i am avoiding having scripts running on whores, because it would increase number of running scripts (one for each whore), or create other complications or add much more work for me, depending on the method of attaching the scripts.

Instead i run scripts on the beds.

Beds would run a script anyway (workshopobjectscript), so i just give them my extended version of the original script instead.

I couldn't do the same with settlers, as that would mean editing all corresponding NPC records to give them my extended script, which would make this mod incompatible with any other mod editing these NPC records, OR i would have to add them into some aliases (or stamp them with alias data) which would add 1 running script per npc, OR i would have to use some crazy ugly magic cloak effect scripting which would be the least appropriate in this case.

NPC's standing on the roof

...this shouldn't happen the way how i do things, no matter what type of object the bed is.

Current flow of each Brothel process is this: yuml.me/e85955f3 (just a rough diagram, but it describes the basics).

btw. i am avoiding having scripts running on whores, because it would increase number of running scripts (one for each whore), or create other complications or add much more work for me, depending on the method of attaching the scripts.

Instead i run scripts on the beds.

Beds would run a script anyway (workshopobjectscript), so i just give them my extended version of the original script instead.

I couldn't do the same with settlers, as that would mean editing all corresponding NPC records to give them my extended script, which would make this mod incompatible with any other mod editing these NPC records, OR i would have to add them into some aliases (or stamp them with alias data) which would add 1 running script per npc, OR i would have to use some crazy ugly magic cloak effect scripting which would be the least appropriate in this case.

NPC's standing on the roof

...this shouldn't happen the way how i do things, no matter what type of object the bed is.

I had a feeling you would like suggestions.
So it's my suggestions (or experiences from other mods)
Is no criticism only thoughts and perhaps other solution approach.

I've only made a suggestion - or described how I've modified Mod.

It is so and works:

The search goes from whore - also every whore is the center of the search radius.
No central area like safe or other objects.
The whore is the center.

This has the advantage - it is independent of bed or center marker.
Place 4 whores in Sanctuary with a radius x - the radius slightly overlap - works perfectly.

In Santuary I have 20 settlers and 3 whores. All 3 whores have different location workplace.
I use "Hookers of the Commonwealth" for this.

Each whore searches around x meters and valid NPCs are set to faction.
This will not allow other whores to use this NPC
- and continues to search in its own radius - with interval every 10 minutes e.g.

So it runs exactly one script per whore. For the search of customer - everything else is common script.

Where is the difference to bed? How many beds should there be for a whore.
I thought a maximum of one bed. More than one bed per whore would not make much sense.
Apart from that, not many animations are suitable for bed.
The mod should work without bed. ;)

Standing on the bed - you can not change with script.

Unless you're using moveto.

In Fallout, NPCs like to use NavMeshes that are closest.
And when the animation is over, it happens that after a few minutes the NPC is on the roof or in an upper floor.

The reason is bad collision and stand on bed.
Navmesh from the roof is closer than the floor

Has nothing to do with your mod, but only with the wall height, minus the bed height. ;)

The rights for my shitty English has Google :P

So it's my suggestions (or experiences from other mods)

Is no criticism only thoughts and perhaps other solution approach.

Yes, and we are discussing the suggestions, and i am thankfull for that.

The search goes from whore - also every whore is the center of the search radius.

No central area like safe or other objects.

The whore is the center.

This has the advantage - it is independent of bed or center marker.

Place 4 whores in Sanctuary with a radius x - the radius slightly overlap - works perfectly.

That may be good for independed whores, but this is not required for the brothel...

Having the search routine independent of bed or center marker is not an advantage in my case - it simply doesn't matter.

The way i do it, a brothel with 20 whores will run only ONE search routine.

The way you do it, it would run 20 searches - one for each whore - and there is just no reason for that in my scenario.

So it runs exactly one script per whore. For the search of customer - everything else is common script.

Where is the difference to bed? How many beds should there be for a whore.

I thought a maximum of one bed. More than one bed per whore would not make much sense.

Apart from that, not many animations are suitable for bed.

The mod should work without bed. ;)

In my case, each whore must have one bed - assigning an NPC to a brothel bed makes that NPC into a prostitute.

No beds = no prostitutes.

The prostitute doesn't need to always use the bed, but it MUST always have one (not only to be assigned to it, but also because it makes sense - its a freaking brothel, and many animations actually can and do use a bed).

So, since i must have beds for the prostitutes, and the beds must run workshopobjectscript (otherwise you can't use them as assignable workshop objects, etc.), i use the beds to run my script which extends workshopobjectscript, and each also serves as one animation thread controler.

Standing on the bed - you can not change with script.

Unless you're using moveto.

In Fallout, NPCs like to use NavMeshes that are closest.

And when the animation is over, it happens that after a few minutes the NPC is on the roof or in an upper floor.

Yes, after the animation ends, the actors are translated back to their original positions next to the bed (the same positions where they walked to by themselves before the animation started, so there is no problem with navmesh snapping).

A problem:

After having his good time in the brothel, how do we return the customer back where he came from?

I am afraid i will have to create some kind of register of all npcs i "invite", to store their original location and position.

Array of structures?

But Arrays suck, because i could easily go over the 128 limit - one brothel can have 30 npcs in queue, plus others still being animated, so lets say 50 total in worst case - now multiply that by the number of brothels (each settlement can have one - thats totally insane scenario, but even 3 brothels can go over that 128 limit).

Ok, so it cannot be global, but each brothel can have its own array, that would be perfectly ok.

Still, i dont like it, i wish there would be some way to set a property on the actor (without having to put the npc into an alias).

OK, then I had understood the kind of the Mods in detail a little bit differently.
A brothel with 20 whores.

So defacto a whole settlement as a central amusement park...

Then something becomes clear to me. ;)

Then a lot of success.

Well, it depends on the player - if someone wants to make some of their settlements into a full brothel, i am not here to stop them - i'd rather make sure to support such eventuality to give people that choice.

Think of the Hangman's Alley for example.

That would be an ideal dedicated brothel settlement - you cannot grow anything there, its small so you cannot build much in terms of machinery and whatnot, its close to Diamond City in a relatively busy neighborhood, so you can get a decent clientele and enough clients even with relatively small radius (ie. make more caps in shorter time), etc.

Besides, maybe not all the settlement settlers have to be whores.

What do i know what kind of other mods the player is using? maybe some may allow more than 21 settlers in a settlement, or maybe they want to combine this with some slavery mod that would then allow making whores from any captured npcs, etc.

Archived