Fade to Black

DogOnPorch

Is there a specific mesh/texture that is used to produce the fade-in and fade-out of NPCs PCs and Creatures?

By fade in or out....I mean like summoning or when you're too close to a wall in 3rd person with your PC or an NPC going through a load door....etc.

The reason I ask is that some mod...goodness knows which...I've been hunting...makes this change from a smooth fade out (or in) to an ugly black square. Isn't black a corrupt normal texture? What's odder is that it comes and goes. Like sometimes is confused and picks the wrong texture path...or something. After going through a few load doors...it fixes itself for a while. PCB and update3d/reset3dstate do nothing to fix it. Bloom/HDR...etc...no effect. Turning off likely mods, also...no effect. 

I was thinking, if somebody just knew the name and location of said file in the folder structure...if it exists even...I might be able to see what the trouble is. Or if there's an end-run around it I could try...Kobayashi Maru the whole deal...

Thanks in advance. :)

Archived