Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sims 5

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

aarchiee

aarchiee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I hear a whisper ( unverified i might add!) that the next sims will incorporate online play, visiting other players houses etc, if we can mod like sims 3 and 4 as here and it can be used online, thats going to open a whole new fun game....... :) :) :) :) :)

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

namaradus

namaradus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

I hear a whisper ( unverified i might add!) that the next sims will incorporate online play, visiting other players houses etc, if we can mod like sims 3 and 4 as here and it can be used online, thats going to open a whole new fun game....... :) :) :) :) :)

If there is an online element it'll be more like Simport from the Sims 3. EA already tried to make an Online MMO of the Sims and it failed miserably.

And even if they did try again any mods would only be usable and visible on your end and only with NPCS not with other players since minor teens and school children also play the Sims. There's more of chance of it having a VR element.

slylynch

slylynch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

I'm not sure if I'd really want to play a naughty version of Sims with someone online. It would sort of be like jerking off with your buddy right next to you.

TomatoEddie

TomatoEddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hello, All.

doesn't Second Life has something like that, already?
i used to access it over a decade ago (i'm that mature  :P), and met lots of Sims players [Sims™ 2 version — don't know about 3 or 4] online. they had a strong community there, with cities that mimicked Sims 2 neighbourhoods.

further, as well pointed by namaradus, EA would not risk heavy lawsuits, for there are minors who play the game.

best wishes to all.

Cocaaa

Cocaaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

I hope Sims 4 does well so we could possibly see a Sims 5 and that would be great I've always wanted that online feature to play with friends, and visit their homes.

Andarus

Andarus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Sims 5 will probably be the same garbage as Sims 4. Sims 3 > Rest. And that will never work unless you force everyone who plays online to have the same Mods (which is impossible).

But Modding in Sims 5 will probably be super limited and restricted, so no fucking intested at all.

indipuk

indipuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Online means no mods.

mikesply9

mikesply9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

I would like it if I could play Sims 3 offline but Origins doesn't like that.

Treebrooke78

Treebrooke78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

It MIGHT be both online and modable but they'd need to handle it like Minecraft or something. Though(I'm not sure how doable this is I'm guessing based on other games I've messed with and what some games can do sort of mashed up. The best I am at tech is making sure tech support doesn't laugh when I call them), if they carefully verified ages, and disallowed mods for under 18s all together when online they could do a multiplayer game for a small number of people, like 3-12 and all the mod files have to sync up - like if my friend and I want to start a game and I have wicked whims she'd need to download it or it wouldn't be loaded, after the multiplayer starts then only people with the right mod combo could join in(the mods that loaded being the requirement to join mods they have that aren't being used would simply not be loaded). It would be built for playing with people you already know that have similar modding tastes and naturally require age verification because kids can get ahold of adult mods. I think it should NOT be the entire game, but the option to play multiplayer with saving of the multiplayer worlds kinda like Civ or Total War.