Ride Sharing: Follower sits behind you on your horse (proof of concept)

Musje

Sort of. Keep in mind that it’s always the player who is riding the horse (using the saddle bone); you can create new riding animations for the player occupying the back seat. The current player animations are the default one for the front seat, and a static single idle for the back seat. 

For the NPC you can create any idle you like. This is a single idle, to add alternatives for galloping or making turns requires some scripting. 

Synchronising the player and NPC is more of a challenge :smile: 

If anyone is interested in making new anymations, I’ll be happy to adjust the scripting and release a kinky edition. 

Oh, when you do animations for the rider attached to the sadlle bone: keep in mind that the other rider will be attached to the "NPC [Com]" node. This node rotates with the upper body of the NPC! This is why weapon draw is disabled when you ride with someone else: swinging your weapon would result in the person behind you swinging around as well :smile:  

The other rider can not be attached to a different node: the node MUST have a CollissionObject under it. All other qualifying nodes are on arms and legs and such and more prone to movement during an animation.

8 hours ago, Musje said:

Sort of. Keep in mind that it’s always the player who is riding the horse (using the saddle bone); you can create new riding animations for the player occupying the back seat. The current player animations are the default one for the front seat, and a static single idle for the back seat. 

For the NPC you can create any idle you like. This is a single idle, to add alternatives for galloping or making turns requires some scripting. 

Synchronising the player and NPC is more of a challenge :smile: 

If anyone is interested in making new anymations, I’ll be happy to adjust the scripting and release a kinky edition. 

I want to.. but I'm scared of riding animations in general. Do I need to load up a horse skeleton or can I pull this off as a character animation alone? If so, what's the node to node relationship being used? For the second player their ?bone/node to horse/firstplayer ?bone/node?

You can do this as character animation without the horse skeleton, that's what I did. Maybe it's possible to load a horse skeleton as well as a reference... I just just trial & error to position everything. Oh and the mod take care of positioning the npc behind / in front of the player, if necessary those offsets can be adjusted.

Made a little mod that lets you buy a pack horse and take up to 2 slaves along :smile:  It needs ropes but I don;t know how to make those.

ScreenShot22.png

• 5 months later...

I wanted to come here and pester the modmaker about making a "follower under the horse while you ride it" via Riding Styles mod on LL... but then I realize it is Musje making this awesome mod, and I can't bother Musje to stop updating And You Get a Slave which is also awesome... damn, NEVERMIND I guess. Later maybe. ?

3 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

I wanted to come here and pester the modmaker about making a "follower under the horse while you ride it" via Riding Styles mod on LL... but then I realize it is Musje making this awesome mod, and I can't bother Musje to stop updating And You Get a Slave which is also awesome... damn, NEVERMIND I guess. Later maybe. ?

I've considered looking into adding it as a base functionality of Riding Styles, actually, and have looked into what Musje has done myself at one point to make this mod work.  But, I realized that in order to get it to work well with Riding Styles I'd probably have to either rewrite/remake what's been done here or heavily cannibalize it (Unless some of this has changed in the probably year or so since I've look at it). 

I also don't want to steal Musje's thunder on this (or have to learn all the havok commands and write a bunch more scripts).

As a note about compatibility (from what I saw when I originally looked into this, though it's been a little while so my memory is a bit fuzzy), the main issue with compability for riding styles is that the riding actors in this all havok to each other.  I was originally planning on trying to have them havok attach to the saddlebone of the horse instead so that not matter where or at what orientation the riding styles actor underneath was riding, the actor up top would sit on the saddle.  I'm not an expert on how Musje has done all of this, though, so there may be a good reason why it's done like it is.  It'd like be a good bit of extra tedious work to get all of the offsets lined up properly after changing where the riders connect to.  

If Musje is interested in making them compatible, though, I'm happy to try and help out with whatever information on my end that would be needed.

finally got around to trying this...

1st go, Lydia upfront, shakes like she's having a fit, sometimes seems to fall off

2nd go, Lydia behind... Lydia wants to ride like a pro (see pix)

remembered I forgot to run fnis lol

3rd go, Lydia behind, acts like 1st go

4th go, Lydia front, as above

walking is no problem though :/

screen.jpg

13 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Is this mod still in development? Ride sharing for SE seems to be broken as new updates have been released from Bethesda. 

I did an SE conversion ages ago but I haven't done anything with it since... too busy with other mods :)

I will get around to SE at some point and I'll revisit this mod then as well

On 6/7/2018 at 3:38 AM, fingerscrossed said:

I've considered looking into adding it as a base functionality of Riding Styles, actually, and have looked into what Musje has done myself at one point to make this mod work.  But, I realized that in order to get it to work well with Riding Styles I'd probably have to either rewrite/remake what's been done here or heavily cannibalize it (Unless some of this has changed in the probably year or so since I've look at it). 

I also don't want to steal Musje's thunder on this (or have to learn all the havok commands and write a bunch more scripts).

As a note about compatibility (from what I saw when I originally looked into this, though it's been a little while so my memory is a bit fuzzy), the main issue with compability for riding styles is that the riding actors in this all havok to each other.  I was originally planning on trying to have them havok attach to the saddlebone of the horse instead so that not matter where or at what orientation the riding styles actor underneath was riding, the actor up top would sit on the saddle.  I'm not an expert on how Musje has done all of this, though, so there may be a good reason why it's done like it is.  It'd like be a good bit of extra tedious work to get all of the offsets lined up properly after changing where the riders connect to.  

If Musje is interested in making them compatible, though, I'm happy to try and help out with whatever information on my end that would be needed.

I haven't managed to attach the second rider to the sadlle bone but I haven;t tried very hard :) I already had the code to attach the riders together from some other experiment so I just used that. So the reason I did it like this is laziness.

If you want to re-use what's in the mod, please feel free! I release my mods under CC-BY-SA so anyone can do whatever wit them, even steal parts. And if you need a hand, just PM me :)

6 hours ago, Musje said:

I did an SE conversion ages ago but I haven't done anything with it since... too busy with other mods :)

I will get around to SE at some point and I'll revisit this mod then as well

That's great to hear. This could be a must have mod for a lot of people if you decided to start working on it again. 

16 hours ago, Musje said:

I haven't managed to attach the second rider to the sadlle bone but I haven;t tried very hard :) I already had the code to attach the riders together from some other experiment so I just used that. So the reason I did it like this is laziness.

If you want to re-use what's in the mod, please feel free! I release my mods under CC-BY-SA so anyone can do whatever wit them, even steal parts. And if you need a hand, just PM me :)

And here I was hoping you'd say not to use your scripts so I could convince myself not to worry about this :P 

I might take a look at this at some point in the future and if I have any questions I'll probably ask you if you've got any ideas. 

Wow I saw this mod on the nexus a few months ago and was devastated that it no longer worked on SE before I got a chance to try it. Knowing the author is still kicking around has made me hopeful again. I despise lengthy horse mods and only carry around one follower so this is perfect. I'm dying to try it. ?

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 1:25 PM, Musje said:

You can do this as character animation without the horse skeleton, that's what I did. Maybe it's possible to load a horse skeleton as well as a reference... I just just trial & error to position everything. Oh and the mod take care of positioning the npc behind / in front of the player, if necessary those offsets can be adjusted.

Made a little mod that lets you buy a pack horse and take up to 2 slaves along :smile:  It needs ropes but I don;t know how to make those.

ScreenShot22.png

WHere is that mod plz??!

• 2 months later...

ScreenShot22.png

That's some Red Dead shit.. Ummm ETA? 

20 hours ago, MayDayCray said:

That's some Red Dead shit.. Ummm ETA? 

No idea :) 

I haven’t published that mod yet, it has some issues. And I need to finish some stuff in And you get a slave!  Plus some scripts for upcoming ZAP9. 

This may become part of Aygas and/or a separate mod for PAH users.  Maybe with a slave cart as well, T.ara already made a nice cart for ZAP9

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 9:00 PM, Illuminati said:

Sounds great, just please tell me you're going to still work on ride sharing! :D

I still share my ideas with MUSJE-maybe we suddenly have some new ideas...such a pretty feature should have been ingame by default....instead,  it is  extra hard to create stuff like this.

Same for the offsets on horses: -simply, they forgotten that "mount a horse" with a torch is not working-but playable !!! 

• 4 months later...

ScreenShot22.png

was this mod ever released? I really want it

It is here and on Nexus. It is a wonderful mod with an annoying flaw. Once you and your passenger dismount, the passenger is fine but the pc tends to sink to its waist in the riding animation when a cell border is crossed. You can press the jump key and resume a normal walk but it's back waist deep at the next border. The author can't find a resolution at the moment unfortunately.

Archived