SexLab Light SE Development Thread - OLD

vinfamy

I can certainty lean a few things for SexLab to apply to Four-play.

FO4 papyrus is superior to Skyrim though: startTimer, structs, arrays add ans remove, etc are all better. Four-play will perform much better than 'sexlab se' for sure. Shouldn't go the long way like sexlab to get there

Of course, if we were to port it, we'd modify it to take advantage of all the benefits of the new features that FO4 Papyrus has. Like I said, no need to rewrite the whole thing/reinvent the wheel.

Update: While trying to fix the alignment, I somehow ended up getting the multi-stages working instead! :) The animation timers work perfectly and the animation ends as intended too, re-enabling movement, collision and player control etc, but no redressing yet.

Important Update: The first ever multi-stage correctly-aligned animation! There are obviously still issues with the spell still being equipped during sex and no redressing. Thanks Ashal for giving the math formulas that he used for the offset coordinates, which fixed the alignment issue yesterday.

As promised before, this is enough evidence for me to conclude that a "light" port of SexLab could be done in Special Edition without SKSE64 and PapyrusUtil. With Ashal's permission, I'm renaming this thread "SexLab Light SE (WIP Discussion)". Doesn't mean that this will result in a perfect SexLab SE - most likely a lot of a functionality will still be sacrificed without SKSE64, however, at least I now can promise you some sort of release.

Ashal has offered me future help if I hit any roadblock for this WIP port. However, please avoid confusing this port with the full Sexlab (all SexLab Light SE releases will have 0.x.x version numbers to avoid confusion). We especially want to clarify that Ashal himself is not responsible for supporting this 'SexLab Light SE' port - please refrain from bombarding him with messages asking for status updates and (after the port gets released) trouble-shooting. All questions about SexLab Light SE before or after its release should be directed to myself only for the time being. Ashal still intends to port the full SexLab to SSE, if and when SKSE64 gets released with all the stuffs he needs.

post-1091843-0-38560400-1503133283_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-01067200-1503133285_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-83183700-1503133285_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-83294300-1503133286_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-94813300-1503133287_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-83277700-1503133288_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-82893700-1503133289_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-84045600-1503133290_thumb.jpg

You're doing the work of the gods. :) If I can help with the scripting, let me know.

That said, I have a vested interest in the orgasm event from SexLab. But registering mod events is SKSE-dependent. Would you be open to triggering orgasm in a similar way as Flower Girls (a keyword event into the story manager) for authors that are open to hooking it?

You're doing the work of the gods. :) If I can help with the scripting, let me know.

That said, I have a vested interest in the orgasm event from SexLab. But registering mod events is SKSE-dependent. Would you be open to triggering orgasm in a similar way as Flower Girls (a keyword event into the story manager) for authors that are open to hooking it?

There will definitely be a replacement for all the commonly used mod events. Story manager is potentially one approach. I'll explore more.

Update: Concurrent scenes and bed use both work fine now. So do solo and threesome scenes. Sounds work (penetration, oral, etc), but voices still need looking into

Only thing missing now is BBP/HDT (animations but still not the same as real bbp) only one can hope for SKSE , But I don't see why there could be no alternative to SKSE.

Update: Concurrent scenes and bed use both work fine now. So do solo and threesome scenes. Sounds work (penetration, oral, etc), but voices still need looking into

Only thing missing now is BBP/HDT (animations but still not the same as real bbp) only one can hope for SKSE , But I don't see why there could be no alternative to SKSE.

There could, if people with the necessary skills would have the time/motivation to make it.

Update: Got permissions from Leito86, FunnyBizness, SirNibbles and AnubiSs2167. All their popular SLAL packs will be included in SexLab Light SE by default (SLAL isn't possible due to the lack of json loading).

I would ask Komotor as well once I get animated objects to work and Billyy once I get the first creature animation to play. Please let me know if there's any other SLAL animation pack that you want to include in SexLab Light SE.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say THANKYOU VERY MUCH Vinfamy for giving us hope for a NON-SKSE Sexlab!!

Would this NON-SKSE Sexlab be able to use the M2M Animations addon or would the author of that mod have to attempt to make a NON-SKSE version as well??

Good shout. I'll contact the author for permission. Sorry I wasn't really aware of it as I'm not personally into MM content, but I agree it deserves to be included as SexLab has very few gay animations by default if I remember correctly.

Hey Vinfamy.. I've got a question for you. Do you think you could plug in the animation files into SWF file format and allow papyrus functionality only to call for the animation to play without having to worry so much about papyrus taking the load?

I'm asking this question, because I'm interested in bounce and jiggle animations. I understand you're building the latter, but this is more for my own project. I'm starting to work with bodies, skeletons and want to bring bounce and jiggles to SSE, but am looking at something interesting. Maybe activating animations swf files and only use specific calls from papyrus to play them only when a character is walking. Is this at all possible? 

Hey Vinfamy.. I've got a question for you. Do you think you could plug in the animation files into SWF file format and allow papyrus functionality only to call for the animation to play without having to worry so much about papyrus taking the load?

I'm asking this question, because I'm interested in bounce and jiggle animations. I understand you're building the latter, but this is more for my own project. I'm starting to work with bodies, skeletons and want to bring bounce and jiggles to SSE, but am looking at something interesting. Maybe activating animations swf files and only use specific calls from papyrus to play them only when a character is walking. Is this at all possible? 

I'm not the best person to ask tbh. Why not ask the previous authors of Oldrim's bounce and jiggle mods?

Update: Got permissions from Leito86, FunnyBizness, SirNibbles and AnubiSs2167. All their popular SLAL packs will be included in SexLab Light SE by default (SLAL isn't possible due to the lack of json loading).

I would ask Komotor as well once I get animated objects to work and Billyy once I get the first creature animation to play. Please let me know if there's any other SLAL animation pack that you want to include in SexLab Light SE.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say THANKYOU VERY MUCH Vinfamy for giving us hope for a NON-SKSE Sexlab!!

Would this NON-SKSE Sexlab be able to use the M2M Animations addon or would the author of that mod have to attempt to make a NON-SKSE version as well??

Good shout. I'll contact the author for permission. Sorry I wasn't really aware of it as I'm not personally into MM content, but I agree it deserves to be included as SexLab has very few gay animations by default if I remember correctly.

I just quadruple-jizzed in my pants!!!! Very nice!

Update: Got voices to work too. As mentioned before, sounds are already working - so pretty much done on the audio functionality of SexLab

I am just curious.  What is so special about .json and why can't mods use .ini in place of it and MCM?

Nothing special about it, we're in fact using ini instead of json for Four-Play. Ini loading wouldn't work (at least not for animation loading purpose) without SKSE64 anyway. MCM is heavily reliant on SKSE, you can't just add another menu option in the pause menu without reverse engineering the game engine.

Papyrus is an extremely limited language. It's literally the minimum that Bethesda needs to make the base game. Bethesda doesn't need to load external files dynamically for the base game - so Papyrus can't do that.

Archived