Lily's Awakening version 0.2 released

Guitardude7

Work has continued, and here it is for everyone, Lily's Awakening version 0.2. Hope you all enjoy it clear.png

Some of the additions:

The game now currently has 370 available images, almost 1500 lines of text, introduces several new characters, and 3 new erotic scenes were added. At least 2 will be available in a play through (you won't be able to see all three in one play through because your choices will affect which of 2 scenes you'll get at one point.)

Yes, it's possible to play through and not see any of the new scenes, but it wouldn't be much of a game if it was too easy for you clear.png

That said, play it a few times, it's still short, obviously, and see what you find, I hope you won't be disappointed.

Enough babbling, here's the link: https://guitardude7.itch.io/lilys-awakening-version-02

r3dlLDg.jpg

e9uEKtl.jpg

RojuhcS.jpg

BeaerYb.jpg

You have not gotten much feedback yet on this one, but - so far (I have not tried to unlock all scenes, but I might) - I like your approach quite a lot [i imagine it would be in the top 10% of the games I've seen mentioned in these forums, if you can finish the game while maintaining this level of quality).

That said, you are totally right that it is quite short right now.

Thanks, sen4mi.  Yes, this forum has been really quiet, most of my feedback is received on a few other sites (not so sure I should list them here) as well as the site I monitor the most, my Patreon page.  I think overall the feedback has been positive, and the criticism has been helpful as well, so far nothing negative or discouraging.  And yes, the game is short, this is version 0.2, so there are (probably) 8 more parts to go.  I'm releasing in phases like that for multiple reasons, primarily:

1. Help with bug checking as I go.  No better way to bug check then to have a couple hundred people all clicking away, the hours it would take me to do that are then spent doing additional work.

2. Building interest.  Leave them wanting more and they hopefully come back, so long as you keep the updates coming.

3. Ideas/suggestions.  I have a lot of plans and ideas, but I'm really interested in what other people are looking for as well, and there's always things out there I haven't thought of.  This lets me make a game that's more what everyone is looking for, and not just my own.

4. Keeps me motivated.  Trying to do the full game in one release by myself, it would be a lot easier to loose motivation.  I take a day off, 2 days, 4 days, after several months of work maybe a week, so on.  Monthly updates, I get the feedback, I see what people are enjoying, what they don't like, and I'm freshly motivated again to give it my all.

LOL had a long post for you but lost it so have to start again...

• Reads as a choose your own adventure. That is good.
  • I like how choices effect the events in the chapter, like no matter what you are going to work but what happens during that times changes. I like that and hopefully that limits the branching so the games doesn't get too bloated.
  • I like the fact that younger sister looks younger. This is not common, almost everyone just copies their fantasy of what women should look like and pastes that to every women in the game. I appreciate this attention to detail.
  • I'm getting an incest vibe from the game. Personally I'm bored of that fetish now, EVERYONE does it and generally it reads as fake.
  • The stories writing is fine, it could be better but it is good enough for us to understand the story so far without rolling our eyes as how stupid something is. I'm sure with experience it will get even better.
  • I think you did a good job on the sex scene in the office. There are plenty of images to help your descriptions. Many cheap out on images and just use mostly descriptions with a few images and it reads as cheap. You did good there.
  • Note if you use animations, don't have stiff ones like adventures of Tara do. Either have good fluid animations or don't do it all all.
  • I'm not a huge fan of changing the stories perspective, we were playing Lily, but then at the end it looks like we were playing her sister. I find with roleplaying games such as these, it's best to stay on a single character. This isn't god making the people do things, this is You playing Lily, on her reinventing her life. IMO at least.

Overall I think you did a good job. Much better demo than most games out there. You should be proud.

X1347,

Choose your own adventure, that's exactly what I was aiming for, loved those books way back in my youth.  Thanks for the kind words and critiques.  I know there's a lot of work to be done, and a lot of polish that's lacking, but it is my first project, and I aim to keep improving.  I know not many people will play through and actually read everything again, but I do go through at times and polish up old dialog, especially when people offer suggestions and tips.   And I welcome all critiques, some of my better improvements will come from that, and I'll produce a game that is more likely to be enjoyed by more people.

For my characters, that was a hard one for me, if you look through my past development on my Patreon site, this is a second gen of characters, I was really unhappy with the first ones.  I've put a lot into that, and I'm really psyched about all the positive feedback I've gotten for it.  Maybe it's a bit vain, but it's nice to see hard work pay off.

For animations, I've thought about it, and will continue to think about it, but I think right now I'm better off focusing on learning to walk before I start sprinting, I shift my focus into too many directions at once and overall quality will drop.  I see now why so many developers partner up, one writer and one image producer, it's quite a bit of work doing both.  Adding on to that will do nothing but hurt what I am currently able to produce.  I think animations will come into play once I'm more established and proven. 

Incest, yeah, there's a ton of it out there, but it is a popular niche, and a lot of people want to see it, so there will be branches that develop it, but there will always be branches that avoid it, too.   So think of it more as a game that will give you an option of taboos to follow :)

There will be some focus on Laura (little sister) and Rick (brother), but for those who are interested in the incest path.  You'll find as you play through there are ways to play those scenes with minimal interactions, to avoid building that character too much.  Overall, the focus will always be on Lily, and there will be a path introduced starting with 0.3 that will be corruption related with a non family member, and there will be a couple other characters outside her family that can also push her corruption path.

Thanks again for the kind words, and I hope to keep producing a quality game you and a lot of others will enjoy.

- Guitardude7

I played it and it seems alright. For me I would kick anyone to the side that is outside of the family and stick solely to the family members unless the other person is female and I like her if I don't like her then I'll avoid her and I would definitely avoid any outside males.

There will be three main paths to follow, two are within the family, one is outside the family, a bit more of a corruption process with others.  So the choice will be yours, none of the scenes involving Lily will be forced, they will be based on your choices.

• 3 months later...

Archived