[search] Male armor with full sleeves but bare belly and chest (bolero)

As in the title - I saw something like this buried deep in a comment thread... somewhere... and have been trying fruitlessly to find a pic of the actual armor for the last couple of hours. The version I saw was black shiny leather/latex effect, but I'd be interested in anything similar. It looked something like this:

T24iIE.jpg

I don't think the one I saw was the unicorn - it had a latex/leather gloss to it - but thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten that the unicorn had a bolero top!

Sounds like you're on a quest to find that specific one, but I wanted to offer this.  If you can't find it, and it's for personal use, making something latex-y (or rubber, pvc, patent leather) is an easy and fun mod anyone can do for themselves.  You could do this with basically anything, and in about 5-10 minutes once you get used to it.

1) You'd replace the diffuse texture (the non-purple one) for the above model with an all black square (or white, red, whatever color of latex you want), so long as you name it the same as the original and put it into the original folder.  

2) Then you'd download nifskope, locate the .nif file for the bolero, and then navigate to the bolero's NiTriShape->BSLightingShaderProperty.  

3) From there you can make it shine: triple or quadruple the value under 'glossiness', move the 'specular color' over to pure white, and play with the 'specular strength' to your heart's content (depending on many things, a value of 2-4 would probably achieve the desired effect).  If it's dull or has weird bumps, then you can change the normal map (the purple one), including its alpha channel, which controls the specularity of the whole object, but this step isn't so easy as the rest without more complicated software.

I don't think the one I saw was the unicorn - it had a latex/leather gloss to it - but thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten that the unicorn had a bolero top!

Sounds like you're on a quest to find that specific one, but I wanted to offer this.  If you can't find it, and it's for personal use, making something latex-y (or rubber, pvc, patent leather) is an easy and fun mod anyone can do for themselves.  You could do this with basically anything, and in about 5-10 minutes once you get used to it.

1) You'd replace the diffuse texture (the non-purple one) for the above model with an all black square (or white, red, whatever color of latex you want), so long as you name it the same as the original and put it into the original folder.  

2) Then you'd download nifskope, locate the .nif file for the bolero, and then navigate to the bolero's NiTriShape->BSLightingShaderProperty.  

3) From there you can make it shine: triple or quadruple the value under 'glossiness', move the 'specular color' over to pure white, and play with the 'specular strength' to your heart's content (depending on many things, a value of 2-4 would probably achieve the desired effect).  If it's dull or has weird bumps, then you can change the normal map (the purple one), including its alpha channel, which controls the specularity of the whole object, but this step isn't so easy as the rest without more complicated software.

Haha, yes I'm one of those people who has a very specific idea in mind - but thanks ever so much for the tutorial, I'm pretty good at working out how to do things but it's so nice to be told exactly what I need to be doing. I've just spent the better part of an hour matching the textures of Evil's Horse Penis to the Vitruvia skin, and I'm sure someone else could have done it faster (It didn't occur to me to outline the edges of the mesh in MudBox for ages, once I'd done that it was pretty much a case of colouring in between the lines). Still, now my demon boy has a creepy reddish horsecock that doesn't look as if it was glued to his nice black bush!

Archived