How do I disable/remove mods in a merged esp?

trrrf

I downloaded Colourwheels Sexy Oblivion OverHaul HGEC v8_0, but I only want to use a few mods from the file. The mods that I want to use are outdated if downloaded on their own, and the only up-to-date versions I can find are in the overhaul.

I do not use oblivion, but I guess it's similar to Fallout3/4 and Skyrim, so maybe this can help:

I guess u could open the merged esp and the outdated esp after it in the oblivions equivalent to TESVedit.

-then manually copy the wanted updated data to the old esp.

-after that copy any meshes/textures and whatever thats wanted from the merged folder to the outdated mod (in skyrim I would had to extract any .bsa first)

You can't is the short story in this case.  There is nothing to "unmerge", as the author manually merged all those files in the CS.  You'll need to use the outdated versions and manually bring them up to date yourself via the CS.  Sorry.

If I can't unmerge the files, can I at least make it so that some mods don't affect my game? For instance, I don't want the imperial legion mod. Or am I forced to use all of the mods in the esp?

They told you what you must do.

Option1.

use the new merged version and delete with CS or TES4Edit the things you don't want. ( e.g. the imperial legion NPCs)

Option2.

Load the new merged version and the old separate version you want to use inTES4Edit

Than copy the changes from the merged version in the old version. (scripts and AI changes/fixes) ! Scripts you must compile with CS !

-----------------------------------------------------------------

if you don't know how to use CS or TES4Edit

Option3.

use the old versions. They are old but still work.

Option4.

Use the new merged version. Yes then you must use everything.

Archived