Sims 3 LAG/FPS

Aroka

No way to completely stop it but Nraas Overwatch, enabling Adaptive V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel (Or AMD's equivalent), lowering high detail lots (helps a tiny bit) and there is Nraas Error Trap; I am not 100% sure but I don't think it works with OKW please correct me if I am wrong.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have that problem with lags too, it can get annoying, but I've found luck with Advanced System Care.  It has something called Turbo Boost, which allows you to close background programs that you don't really need during game play.  You can also clean and optimize your system using this too.  I also found that Defragmenting my computer before playing my game helps alot too.  Some cumstom worlds work better, usually no lagging in them, and you can even find the worlds that came with the game for download that has fixed some of the lagging.  Stuck and invisible sims can cause lags.  The cheat, resetsim *, helps to reset all the sims in your town to their home, and fixes anyone that may be stuck somewhere.   And if you have the debug part cut on on Kinky, the "fixinvisiblesims" that pops up when you click on the ground or road. helps to make visible any sims that may have disappeared.  Hop this helps you.

Use SaveCleaner by Kuree to reduce save size and loading time, disable memories (not interested in Baby Blabla peed first time), avoid worlds with mountains and dense forests, keep the population limited to around 100 or below that.

Spawners may be nice but all the rocks and gems and flowers and seeds cause lag too.

Disable stray pets and pet adoption, if you don`t want it, strays can cause lag by getting stuck in some corner (horses like to do that)

and all the kittens and puppies have a problem with stairs.

Seasons can be fun, but heavy rain/snowfall can slow things down, eventually reduce to two seasons.

Zombies try to feed on your garden, cause lag if it`s fenced off, trying to get in and stomping around, MTS has a mod to disable zombies at full moon.

Isla Paradiso in itself is the most laggy world of all the EA worlds. That`s part routing and part diving lots, since there are treasure chests and fish and giant algae trees down there. Aside from that, it`s getting from one Island to another and when you think they`d go the shortest way, they`d drive their boat halfway around the world.

Lot size, everything up to 50X50 is fine, avoid 64x64, they cause lag.

Paparazzi laying siege to your house, complaining all night long about how they can`t get in to get that shot of your sim on the throne.

Showtime venues, especially the big ones cause lag too.

Edit: forgot to mention the street Performers.

Addition to Isla Paradiso: Very many routing errors are caused by the houseboats.
Move the corresponding households to other lots and Isla Paradiso is much more playable.

It seems the zombie mod on MTS is not up to date.
With Nraas Retuner it is also:
City Hall -> Retuner > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers > LunarCycleManager -> kNumSimsToBeZombifiedOnFullMoon set to 0.

Or place a spectral lamp near the garden.

Addition to Isla Paradiso: Very many routing errors are caused by the houseboats.
Move the corresponding households to other lots and Isla Paradiso is much more playable.

It seems the zombie mod on MTS is not up to date.
With Nraas Retuner it is also:
City Hall -> Retuner > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers > LunarCycleManager -> kNumSimsToBeZombifiedOnFullMoon set to 0.

Or place a spectral lamp near the garden.

Missyhissy NoZmbiesAtFullMoon is working fine with 1.67, so it will work with 1.69 too.

Last serious update for Sims 3 was 1.66.

What, spectral lamp, that mood color thingy or something else?

Archived