View File

Overview Description:

• This patchwork 'mod' in fact began as a very hasty/ dirty work of combining 'Sundracon' body mesh (based on its SoS adaptation by Boo) and the 'uncut' schlong from Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlongs: Khajiit, Argonians, Human/Elf, thus making it functioned as 'SoS - Light' Texture.
  • Due to its original body shape (adapted from Better Males - Sundracon body), its body shape must be very close to the vanilla male (What I don't like in SoS/ Better Males - FS is its stout legs even in the low weight/ check the pictures for comparison).
  • Uncut schlong attached to the body: You can choose either P3 (schlong's glans is almost covered with the foreskin) or P4 (glans is almost revealed from the foreskin), now in course of FoMod installer.
  • [For v 1.21]: As for the textures, the diffuse/ .s/ .sk map is in principle compatible with the original ones, i. e. SoS - Light. You can use some other compatible re-textures (skin diffuse/ specular/ sub-surface maps) of SoS - Light together with the body meshes from this package.
  • Unfortunately, this mod (?)'s remesh (malebody_0 (1).nif) requires its special normal map of the body (malebody_1_msn.dds) as well as the hand, included in the installer package.
  • Texture (Normal Map) Resolution: [Default]: 2K uncompressed maximum/ [Performance] R5G6B5 2K maximum.
  • [optional] HDT aware: compatible with .xml from Naturalistic HDT Jiggle and Collisions XML Set v 3.4+ (by Bazinga) for the most basic genital collision (hdtm.xml) as well as that from SoS Body HDT 1.0 (by Tweens) for some breasts, belly and butt physics (hdtPhysicsExtensionsMaleBody.xml). While the latter is now incorporated in this package, the former (Bazinga's hdtm.xml for SoS smurf average) is not included in the package, so you have to download it by yourself.
  • Mesh fixes of some boots for SoS - Light, adapted from SkyBroom's Vanilla Footwear For Better Males Fix for SoS - Light are also included in this package as bonus. They are also compatible with the original SoS - Light.
  • [Optional]: Now the femfeet meshes, adapted from Femfeet Redesigned by Leito86, as well as matching diffuse (skin) textures, compatible with this package are also available at: FFR - SOSL: Femfeet Redesigned - SOS - Light.
  • [For v 2.0+/ Compatible Textures]: Due to the change of UVMAP in accordance of the total renewal of base body mesh, the original SoS - Light Skin textures are no longer compatible with the new body (if you prefer the original SoS skin, please use the tweaked one from FFR - SOSL: Femfeet Redesigned - SoS - Light). In addition to FFR - SSOL, the new body is compatible with the following texture packages: Vitruvia - Skin texture overhaul for males (SoS - Light version: EXCEPT for its normal maps); SoS Fair Skin men retexture and bonuses for males (Old Files> SoS Light Version Support) .

Requirement and How to install:

• This package needs original SoS - light (meshes/ textures, .esp file, and its schlong animation files) and XPMSE as its requirement as well. Since the male body meshes of this package has some additional bones for body jigglings, the default SoS skeleton is clealy not enough (i.e. CTD) and their supported skeleton like XPMSE is required.
  • Download EITHER SMSOSL - Default or SMSOSL - Performance Fomod Installer Package as well as requirement files.
  • Install SoS - Light (1.04) first, and then, overwrite its body mesh/ body normal map with those from this pack.
  • Download and install other optional files like HDT Physic Extensions and .xml file from Bazinga's Naturalistic HDT Jiggle and Collisions XML Set v 3.4+ (by Bazinga) as well as XPMSE as well.
  • To update in mid-save is absolutely no problem (since this package only includes alternative meshes and textures for the male body).
  • To uninstall this package itself must be safe as long as you retain the original SoS - Light and its .esp file.

Recommended Load Order:

• SoS - Light
  • [optional] your favorite re-texture for SoS - Light
  • meshes/ textures from this package
  • [optional] If you prefer the beautiful feet, FFR - SOSL (warning: skin texture compatibility).
  • (XPMSE)

Permission:
What I did for this package was just to combine the resources already published and generously given its permission for re-use. So, you are also free to improve the assets further (if you feel it worth-while), on condition that you give a following credits and a link to this page.

Credits should be given to:

I really thank you for your patience of running your eyes through in spite of my clumsy English.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/12/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    SoS - Light, XPMSE, (HDT Physics Extension)
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

• 2 weeks later...

Have you noticed the body from this resource http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35203-resource-sos-sundracon-bodies/ has a wierd twist on shoulders? Something wrong with weight painting or partitioning, I guess. I've retired from using it awhile back.

Thank you for post.

I know your post mentioning the problem, but I myself could identify by myself

neither where the exact glitch was situated nor what element indeed could cause such glitch. 

If possible, could you show me the exact location of the twist? 

Yes , of course: attachicon.gifMalebody_0.jpg

I am a Sundracon body fan, it's a pity I can't use it with SOS.

Thanks for SS! 

I (finally) could also identify the asymmetrical bump on the left shoulder bone (SS below).

post-115699-0-19343100-1503662393_thumb.jpg

Is this bump the 'twist' you mentioned?

Some weight-paint problems (in vertices on the spot) seems to be the likeliest cause,

although I'm not sure whether i (as a really noob in mesh editing) could find and handle the issue only with blender, not 3dmax.

Anyway I'll also look into this issue in a week or two. Thanks again. 

Alternatively, I'll also check the possibility of utilizing some other vanilla-like male

body meshes, including Sundracon's original.

Yes , of course: attachicon.gifMalebody_0.jpg

I am a Sundracon body fan, it's a pity I can't use it with SOS.

[Added]: You were right. Indeed the weight painting around the left shoulder/ upper back-side of

Boo's Sundracon SOS body resource file was different from that of Sundracon original one.

I hope that these quick fix also will be suffice

(the first attempt of complete redone failed completely, as is usual in my case):

Body meshes (0/1.nif)  only, and for test purpose only. 

Overwrite the original pack with these experimental one. 

Please let me know whether it also works for you.

I will keep on testing these new meshes, and will publish as update in a few days

if I do not encounter any noticeable problems and I have some time to take new SSs.

• post-115699-0-42984500-1503682526_thumb.jpg
  • post-115699-0-93730400-1503682531_thumb.jpg
Thank you for your work. I'll test it as soon as possible.

For now I guess, I can see another bump on the same shoulder (last picture, sneak posture) post-1152941-0-02864100-1503733751_thumb.jpg

As I can remember, the left shoulder looked twisted if looked at character's back from behind. A year has passed since I tried Boo's SD SOS body. It got me pretty unhappy, primarily for the reason I can't edit it on my own, and thus feel helpless, so I don't want to get back to it untill it looks decently correct.

[Edit] Forget about bumps. Congratulations!!! p4 Hotfix meets all the requirements we have for decent male body, I am HAPPY. (didn't tested p3 though)

Now, may I ask you two questions:

1. Is it possible to 'cover' that hole in the groins once and for good, provided that partitioning and waight paining should be compatible with SOS? What do you think. Me, I hate that hole, honestly to say. If it were no hole there were no gaps around genitals at all, not to say of those particular moments when actor changes his 'gear' and the hole shines like a sun.

2. You said you're not that good at 3d editing. I am a noob too, and use Blender old version. What gots me suffering is that I am not able to use "subdivide smooth" on some particular areas, i.e. on buttocks. Something goes wrong during exporting edited meshes from Blender (probably the same partitioning and waight paining), and the medial weighted body (saying 50) look ugly in game. Can you do the same - to use "subdivide" tool on that butt?

Thank you so much for your work.

Thank you for your work. I'll test it as soon as possible.
For now I guess, I can see another bump on the same shoulder (last picture, sneak posture) attachicon.gifpost-115699-0-93730400-1503682531a.jpg
As I can remember, the left shoulder looked twisted if looked at character's back from behind. A year has passed since I tried Boo's SD SOS body. It got me pretty unhappy, primarily for the reason I can't edit it on my own, and thus feel helpless, so I don't want to get back to it untill it looks decently correct.

[Edit] Forget about bumps. Congratulations!!! p4 Hotfix meets all the requirements we have for decent male body, I am HAPPY. (didn't tested p3 though)

Now, may I ask you two questions:

1. Is it possible to 'cover' that hole in the groins once and for good, provided that partitioning and waight paining should be compatible with SOS? What do you think. Me, I hate that hole, honestly to say. If it were no hole there were no gaps around genitals at all, not to say of those particular moments when actor changes his 'gear' and the hole shines like a sun.

2. You said you're not that good at 3d editing. I am a noob too, and use Blender old version. What gots me suffering is that I am not able to use "subdivide smooth" on some particular areas, i.e. on buttocks. Something goes wrong during exporting edited meshes from Blender (probably the same partitioning and waight paining), and the medial weighted body (saying 50) look ugly in game. Can you do the same - to use "subdivide" tool on that butt?

Thanks for testing!

Slight deformation of the muscle while sneaking come either from the weight paint of Sundracon original

or the potential mismatch between the muscle normal map of Sundracon and CMO's resource file

(that I used a little to tweak some muscle tones). 

I'll also add optional textures that are more close to the original in the next update,

although the amount of available variants of textures for male body are fairly limited to those for females.....

(To give an example, the editing permission Urshi's smooth and smart male body normal as a resource

is only limited to Nexus, not LL).

As for your additional questions, the followings are my brief and tentative answers: 

In my limited experience and understanding, the body with groin hole usually works better

than that w/o hole together with the attached genital. While it is technically possible to use

such hole-less body like Better Males - FS/ SD, or 4udiks RB (by removing genitals by Nifskope)

as a base body for SoS - full, it would be difficult to adjust XYZ values of the genital skeleton

in order not to schlongify the genital without 'sinking' into the groin area of the base mesh. 

In such a case, the textual/ visual mismatch between the genital and the skin/ hair around

the genital would be more noticeable to the current SoS.

We also would need to edit the shape of genital mesh a bit for a better fit to such new bodies w/o holes.

As for the second question, I afraid that this one is also beyond my current ability.

I may try in the future, but not so soon.

Anyway, I'll also plan to upload fixed male body mesh, adapted from Boo's resource, for SoS - Full.

HDT or non-HDT, which is your preference?

In my limited experience and understanding, the body with groin hole usually works better

than that w/o hole together with the attached genital. While it is technically possible to use

such hole-less body like Better Males - FS/ SD, or 4udiks RB (by removing genitals by Nifskope)

as a base body for SoS - full, it would be difficult to adjust XYZ values of the genital skeleton

in order not to schlongify the genital without 'sinking' into the groin area of the base mesh. 

In such a case, the textual/ visual mismatch between the genital and the skin/ hair around

the genital would be more noticeable to the current SoS.

We also would need to edit the shape of genital mesh a bit for a better fit to such new bodies w/o holes.

As for the second question, I afraid that this one is also beyond my current ability.

I may try in the future, but not so soon.

Anyway, I'll also plan to upload fixed male body mesh, adapted from Boo's resource, for SoS - Full.

HDT or non-HDT, which is your preference?

I am using SOS with holeless SD body for quite a long time. It keeps me safe from getting disgusted with a groin-hole in my sight. Yes, I had to adjust genitals position. I did it for a few addons (I am using SOS Full). Texture issue can be easily solved by getting back to SD original hairy texture. If you can remember it's pitch black in the pubic area around gens. I made a simple retexture for addons' diffuse map. And I am quite happy with the stuff. Have been till recently.

Why do I still hesitate and consider getting back to "holed" body? You see, I've recently encountered some new problem with a shlong getting curved inside. The middle part of the shaft sinks into the balls as if it were a magnit appeared somewhere closer to actor's back.post-1152941-0-06314500-1503750585_thumb.jpg

I guess this side effect - again - has something to do with partitioning or weight painting (lack of my knowledge is what I am ashamed with). The body meshes I have in use with SOS have no genitals bones, nor scrotum. I've tried adding them, which apparently was useless step, for the problem hasn't been solved. Are you tired yet? The story is going to be long  :)

There are a few more "aggravating circumstances", so I am going to shut up for now.

Just let me state my intentions once more.

1. I want to use hole-less Sundracon body with SOS (full). To achieve it I need correctly attach SOS genital bones to that sort of body. I am no frustrated with the fact of possible (inavitable) double layers in pubic area. Human body has several skin layers after all, hasn't it? And the genitals have inner "parts". No am I frustrated with possible position mismatch during some anim events, in case weight painting would be not perfectly equal on body genital base area and SOS addon gen base area. I have an idea of reorganizing body+SOS addon system by reshaping addons into funnel-like shape. The base would have a funnel-like shape, with the ridges deepened (sunk) into body, so that there was no gap during animation, like sitting, or SL scenes.

2. I am dreaming of high-poly butt  :blush:

So, for now it's all the same to me do I have HDT or non-HDT body. Some of my in-game standalone characters "wear" SAM HDT body. Others are happy with floppiness on their stuff  :)

[.......]

Frankly speaking, you clearly overestimate me. 

Your vision need far more talented/ experienced modeller (plus also, animator, probably?

AFAIK it was only VectorPlexus who could only animate schlongs in Skyrim at his will) than me, just a noob.

As for your first request (Sundracon base body tuned for SoS full), however, I'll look into what I can in a week or two. 

Originally I also planned to tweak v 1,1 from his base body if my quick-fix test had been failed.

As both you and I agree, 'technically' it's entirely possible to use hole-less base body for SoS-full

(aside from the obvious fact whether I have enough skills to handle the tweak).

To give an example, I found the following file that someone in Japan has converted 4udiks RB (w/o hole, needless to say)

to SoS - light:

http://cyclotron.moe.hm/up/skyrim/fileup/src/cysk1214.7z.html

Inspired by her/his work, I began to think the possibility of working this 'patchwork' package.

At the moment, I just uploaded the fixed male body mesh by Boo's for SoS - full (both HDT/ non-HDT) as resources.

Only hotfix, no hi-poly subdivision. Sorry. 

[Added]: As for the deformed schlong in your SS: It can often caused by the mix up of female and male skeleton

in course of skeleton/ mesh tweaking (at least, for my case). Be sure not to mistake these two kind of skeletons.

[Added]: As for the deformed schlong in your SS: It can often caused by the mix up of female and male skeleton

in course of skeleton/ mesh tweaking (at least, for my case). Be sure not to mistake these two kind of skeletons.

Yes, I had a suspicion that it might have to do with females, or skeletons, or both. As far as I can remember, I paid a bit of attention to female NPCs and their physics just before the schlongs issue emerged. Oh, it's so difficult to keep everything in order in this crazy game! Pay attention to boobs and you will loose controll of schlongs... Thank you for the tips.

• post-115699-0-52188500-1503792779_thumb.jpg
  • post-115699-0-75753100-1503792815_thumb.jpg

So, these are the results of my very crude attempt to attach the original SD base body with the schlong.

The schlong itself is fully functional, and from front/ side it looks not so bad (though there will be some clippings during animations),

but the real problem is apparent when we looked from back side, a visible gap between the testicles and the anus.

This gap can also derive from the different genital XYZ alignment between the normal SoS and SD-more vanilla like body replacers (the latter have genital in lower height (low Z)

Regardless of full/ light, SoS schlong is in a sense attached to the main body with 8 genital bones and three bones of the main body,

and I couldn't manage to erase this gap only by tweaking (X, Y, Z) of genital bones. 

Tweaking main body's bones would be out of question (that would inevitably lead to the deformation of the body shape). 

As for SoS - light, it would not be unrealistic to achieve the seamless body by sculpting the attached genital manually. 

Concerning SoS - full, however, it would require the tweaked meshes of almost all the available schlongs.

It's just far beyond my skills. Sorry again.

I can see about fixing the weights. I don't remember editing them, but it's possible I used a bad version of SD.

Thanks for your comment.

It could be a sort of 'wild edit'. Just a very minor one.

What you'd want to do is a bone weight copy from the mesh with the correct weights.

As for SoS - light, it would not be unrealistic to achieve the seamless body by sculpting the attached genital manually. 

Concerning SoS - full, however, it would require the tweaked meshes of almost all the available schlongs.

It's just far beyond my skills. Sorry again.

I achieved gap covering by editing addons mesh. I.e. I stretched the back side ridges up (axis Z), I moved the upper front ridge back (Y), I made a translation on the whole mesh. Here in this pic you can see all the changes I made on SA Addon (edited mesh is selected, and partially covered by the original one which is non-selected): post-1152941-0-64018000-1503818722_thumb.png

I was quite happy with the addon's look in game for a while. Until something went wrong during my permanent experimenting with other mods, and bodies, and so on, and the edited schlong got a weird curve backwards.

What you'd want to do is a bone weight copy from the mesh with the correct weights.

Yeah, It was just what I did in v 1.1 (to copy the weight from SD original).

I achieved gap covering by editing addons mesh. I.e. I stretched the back side ridges up (axis Z), I moved the upper front ridge back (Y), I made a translation on the whole mesh. Here in this pic you can see all the changes I made on SA Addon (edited mesh is selected, and partially covered by the original one which is non-selected): attachicon.gif01.png

I was quite happy with the addon's look in game for a while. Until something went wrong during my permanent experimenting with other mods, and bodies, and so on, and the edited schlong got a weird curve backwards.

Thanks for SS (Now I could finally understand your description of 'funnel-like' above ). 

Your add-on mesh looks fine (at least judged from Nifskope).

Just try your add-on with my quick and dirty edit I had used above,

then you'll perhaps find which of your meshes (body/ genital) is screwed.

sd_edited_w_genbone.7z

I've made some reserch and comparison work. The resourse you both (you and Boo) used as a base model for your version of SD body is "not clean enough".

Here it is on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4196 It's Sundracon's resource.

I was unsuccessfully trying to edit these meshes myself (a year back).

They contain errors, unequal partitions and god knows what else. The benefit of the body from this pack is the buttocks layout:post-1152941-0-20703700-1503855525_thumb.jpg But the meshes need to be checked on errors thoroughly.

Please, look at this with your own eyes.

body_0 and body_1 left thigh partition comparison:post-1152941-0-10754100-1503855280_thumb.png

body_0 left and right thighs comparison:post-1152941-0-22418800-1503855295_thumb.png

This is how it looks in game:post-1152941-0-61359200-1503855349_thumb.jpgpost-1152941-0-36981700-1503855420_thumb.jpg

For comparison - armor with a lower part of normal SD body:post-1152941-0-57778700-1503855453_thumb.jpgpost-1152941-0-66312100-1503855465_thumb.jpg

So, SDR (Sundracon Resource) body could not be used as a base model for experiments IMHO.

As for your Edited body. Unfortunately it doesn't solve schlong twist problem:post-1152941-0-87967900-1503855640_thumb.jpg

And HDT looks wrong for me as well:post-1152941-0-48931200-1503855655_thumb.jpgpost-1152941-0-15904800-1503855665_thumb.jpg

Yes, there is indeed still one asymmetrical weight paint mismatch between L thigh and R thigh

lingering in this 'fixed' v 1.1 (a vertex on the right buttock, not the thigh itself). 

The range of the miss-painted vertex was much less serious already in Boo's 2014 resource

than that in SD full body mesh (as your SSs showed above).

So, such a bad deformation of the upper thigh, as shown by your SS, at least should not happen in the my patchwork.

Unfortunately, I have neither enough skill nor time right now to improve the subtle adjustment the shape/

re-paint the weight around the front/ back side of the hip as well as the genital mesh.

So, please consider this as WIP/ abandoned for now

(And now it is clear that I'm thoroughly disqualified person as a mod author, especially in mesh editing).

As for your genital deformation, then it is perhaps some weighting or skeletal problems in your add-on mesh.

Yeah, back to normal SD, aren't you? Me too.

I am a bit light-headed - a decent mess in my files. Where are the textures for your hoodies, please?

[edit1] ah, its SOS-light, sorry. Forget it. I'll test it, I promiss.

Would be kind of you to point to which hdt files better to pick of those from Bazinga's and Tweens' download pages.

[edit2] Look, I have this in NifSkope: post-1152941-0-77521900-1503988886_thumb.png

And the thighs has seam: post-1152941-0-60907300-1503988945_thumb.png

Textures are from SOS-light pack, but they are for FS body, not for SD.

Thanks for checking. And sorry for your inconvenience.

>Normal SD

Boo's SD-SoS mesh's miss-painted vertex of L thigh on the right buttock was actually like a thorn in the little finger: 

'Correcting' this mis-painted weight lead to the deformation of the crotch hall as well as the attached genital mesh,

i.e. the new seams.

It was difficult (at least for me, a noob) to patchwork this seam completely without any trace.

Either to ignore this vertex (for me, It's actually fine) or to swap the base body with another are options.

>Thigh seam

SoS Light (FS) normal map (ONLY) is incompatible with the mesh of SMSOSL.

you need the special normal map (SD body + genital on the upper left corner) from this mod.

I use the following textures/ .xml for testing (and SSs) of this mod: 

I thought that I had tested .xml from one of the most major packs and then regarded as OK, but I was probably wrong.....

Also thanks for noting the 'crotch hole' of SoS light (default). 

Aside from UVMAP, I almost forgot the existence of this hole in the default texture.

In addition to Vitruvia, the diffuse map of SoS - light (FS) version of Fair Men Skin Rtexture would be all right (due to very little hole).

So, this proof of concept version has a critical problem of diffuse compatibility......

• post-115699-0-24252900-1503992425_thumb.jpg
  • post-115699-0-19033900-1503992438_thumb.jpg

Thanks again.