Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FuroTrap Improved: Tentacles! v6.91 (Last Updated: Apr-20)

Furo FuroTrap Tentacles Daedra Daedric Trap Tentacle

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

feanor69

feanor69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Yes I know the Settings are saved. I want to say I only use the spell once and then never again. I do not care if I can make changes in the game with a spell, or use a INI before I start the game,

But spell or INI is better as change the scripts in the esp.

I added an INI file to v7.0, with instructions.

Users can either change the ini file or override the ini file in the Settings Spell.

leddis3

leddis3

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

I think as long as there's an INI then there's no real issue with streamlining the mod itself.

Looking forward to the next version!

Corpus Vile

Corpus Vile

Organic Matter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi all, I'm mostly lurking but since 7.0 is in the works, it may be a good time to point out one thing... I'll be (as) brief (as I can).
I agree that an ini would be preferable to having to edit the esp in CS, and a settings spell that overrides the ini settings would be even handier (think of it, you might want to add a setting in the ini that allows the user to enable/disable the spell? I think Nudeshy had something similar since one of the latest versions...), but, concerning the spell itself, there's one very minor problem.
It's a conjuration spell, and it actually levels conjuration up as you use it. It kind of holds pedantic people such as, well, me, from using it more than once. I know, it's meaningless, it's just that it makes little sense...
If you changed it to be a lesser power (keep in mind that I'm only talking about the settings spell; it makes perfect sense for the other ones to be "real" spells) it could solve this lesser inconsistency. But, again, it's a very minor thing.

Well, that's all I had to say; you're doing a great job, I love how customisable and solid this mod is, simple as it may be (which is a good thing, I may add...).

feanor69

feanor69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Hi all, I'm mostly lurking but since 7.0 is in the works, it may be a good time to point out one thing... I'll be (as) brief (as I can).
I agree that an ini would be preferable to having to edit the esp in CS, and a settings spell that overrides the ini settings would be even handier (think of it, you might want to add a setting in the ini that allows the user to enable/disable the spell? I think Nudeshy had something similar since one of the latest versions...), but, concerning the spell itself, there's one very minor problem.
It's a conjuration spell, and it actually levels conjuration up as you use it. It kind of holds pedantic people such as, well, me, from using it more than once. I know, it's meaningless, it's just that it makes little sense...
If you changed it to be a lesser power (keep in mind that I'm only talking about the settings spell; it makes perfect sense for the other ones to be "real" spells) it could solve this lesser inconsistency. But, again, it's a very minor thing.

Well, that's all I had to say; you're doing a great job, I love how customisable and solid this mod is, simple as it may be (which is a good thing, I may add...).

Good point! The settings spell really isn't a spell at all in the game fiction.

A lesser power does make more sense.

rynak777

rynak777

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

As was discussed a lot, there is a balancing problem with this hot mod. It's twofold imo:

1. Even though the idea of the mod may be "to breed an army". The problem with this is, that no matter how weak the scamps are, if there are many, they will just bombard the player or anyone arriving. Them having low hp doesn't help on that case. I even tried to edit the esp, to make the summon-chance only 15%, and add lower spell-effectiveness options, down to 1. It still didn't help. There just are too many. Of course, this also kills framerate.

My opinion: The problem is the lack of a limit. Even if the player isn't nearby, the number of scamps just keeps exploding. If it is possible to check how many scamps there are in the current cell, and if the number is above a (configurable?) limit, traps stop spawning more scamps (in that cell) - if that were possible to do, i think that would solve the inflating number of scamps.

2. Unless one casts this oneself in a town or the like, there just aren't enough females. The ratio of scamps to females just gets off.

Proposal: Perhaps with a chance of 20%, spawn a female instead of scamp. Again, limit problems. This too would nead a (configurable) limit check, just as with the scamps - else numbers would explode even faster.

feanor69

feanor69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

As was discussed a lot, there is a balancing problem with this hot mod. It's twofold imo:

1. Even though the idea of the mod may be "to breed an army". The problem with this is, that no matter how weak the scamps are, if there are many, they will just bombard the player or anyone arriving. Them having low hp doesn't help on that case. I even tried to edit the esp, to make the summon-chance only 15%, and add lower spell-effectiveness options, down to 1. It still didn't help. There just are too many. Of course, this also kills framerate.

My opinion: The problem is the lack of a limit. Even if the player isn't nearby, the number of scamps just keeps exploding. If it is possible to check how many scamps there are in the current cell, and if the number is above a (configurable?) limit, traps stop spawning more scamps (in that cell) - if that were possible to do, i think that would solve the inflating number of scamps.

2. Unless one casts this oneself in a town or the like, there just aren't enough females. The ratio of scamps to females just gets off.

Proposal: Perhaps with a chance of 20%, spawn a female instead of scamp. Again, limit problems. This too would nead a (configurable) limit check, just as with the scamps - else numbers would explode even faster.

I've been considering this as well.

1. The new v7 trap design would only allow one to two spawns per capture, but I may need to add some kind of global maximum active spawns.

2. There is actually a plan to allow customizable, random spawns. One of the options is more female human/daedra hybrids.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

(ThatOne)

(ThatOne)
  • Guests

Another possible solution is a timer.

Giving the player (very important) and NPCs (less important) a time window between captures to clear out some of the scamps, or get away, should make most the issues go away. Timer can be set to a variable for maximum flexibility.

The summon trap self spell can override that if desired.

You could couple that up with a maximum number of summoned scamps for even more control. I suggest a global variable that increases every time a scamp is summoned, and add a script to the scamps so that when they die they (1) decrease the variable, and (2) are disabled and removed from the game, so as to avoid the massive amount of corpses that are invariably present after the spell is let loose in an even slightly populated area.

The global variable is extremely easy to alter in game.

feanor69

feanor69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Another possible solution is a timer.

Giving the player (very important) and NPCs (less important) a time window between captures to clear out some of the scamps, or get away, should make most the issues go away. Timer can be set to a variable for maximum flexibility.

The summon trap self spell can override that if desired.

You could couple that up with a maximum number of summoned scamps for even more control. I suggest a global variable that increases every time a scamp is summoned, and add a script to the scamps so that when they die they (1) decrease the variable, and (2) are disabled and removed from the game, so as to avoid the massive amount of corpses that are invariably present after the spell is let loose in an even slightly populated area.

The global variable is extremely easy to alter in game.

Limiting the scamps to a maximum and removing the dead bodies is a very good idea.

The timer may not be necessary because the it already takes multiple hits from the Scamp spell to be trapped again.

I'll do some testing and find out.

kasimir

kasimir

Armor demolitioner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Out of curiousity, do you plan to add more traps/animations in the future?

Shadowskippy

Shadowskippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Every time a character in the game gets to the pregnant stage the breasts seem to stretch and go a bit weird, whereas the belly is fine. does anybody know how I can fix this?

Attached File  2013-05-07_00001.jpg   149.55KB   176 downloads

It looks like this.

fejeena

fejeena

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Install a BBB Skeleton.

e.g.   Universal Skeleton v181 "controllable version" by Growlf:  http://oblivion.nexu....com/mods/37596

Shadowskippy

Shadowskippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

I still have the problem, is there anything else I can try?

fejeena

fejeena

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Sorry don't know.

Not  sure if Archive Invalidation is necessary.

Mod Manager - Utilities - Archive Invalidation

check BSA redirection (Thus A.I. is automatically, and you must never  Manual click "Update now"

Attached File  AI.jpg   292.68KB   10 downloads

You can replace the 3 pregnant Body meshes with None BBB meshes (meshes\Characters\PregnantBody)

Shadowskippy

Shadowskippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

It hasn't worked, sadly. This isn't the only mod that I have this issue in, if that's any help.

Thanks.

feanor69

feanor69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

It hasn't worked, sadly. This isn't the only mod that I have this issue in, if that's any help.

Thanks.

I've had this exact same problem as you.

I assure you that the solution is to install the Universal Skeleton, but I also know that the installation can be tricky.

Because of the folder structure in the Universal Skeleton 7z file, OBMM (and other mod managers) don't handle it properly.

Specifically try this:

1. Download the Universal Skeleton mod manually:

http://oblivion.nexu.../download/84920

2. Open the UniversalSkeletonNIF181...7z using WinRar (or some other program that can open 7zip files)

a. Go into the "TotalControlableSkeleton" folder, there should be a single folder called "Data"

b. Go into the "Data" folder, there should be a single folder inside called "Meshes"

5. Drag/extract the "Meshes" folder into your "Oblivion\Data" folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data")

a. Replace all files and folders during the extract

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Furo, FuroTrap, Tentacles, Daedra, Daedric, Trap, Tentacle