i got skyrim i need help getting the defeat mod

DemonVic666

0. Ignore the bank numbers. I'm bad at this.

I. Nexus Mod Manager

1. Download Nexus Mod Manager from this page.
  2. Install Nexus Mod Manager via the downloaded installer from the above page.

II. SKSE

1. Download SKSE (not sure if I'm allowed to link  to it, just google it)
  2. Follow the install instruction in the video linked from the SKSE page.

III. SexLab

1. Read the Requirements section on the SexLab mod page.
  2. Go to each of the listed and linked requirements' pages and install them as they instruct you (Keep in mind some have requirements of their own).
  3. Follow the installation instructions on the SexLab mod page.

IV. Defeat

1. Repeat the above three steps for Defeat's mod page.

V. Notes

1. Other mods

• You will need a nude body mod. CBBE is a good and popular option. Might as well start there.
  • You will probably want additional sex animation mods. There are recommendations at the top of Defeat's mod page. SexLab Animation Loader is also linked to from there.

2. Enjoy my shitty guide.

3. Fell free to PM me if you have further questions now or along the way.

• 1 year later...

kovya gave a good enough description for getting the defeat up and running. since u are new I suggest when looking for animations return to the defeat page and it will suggest a author click the link and that will get u started. oh all of kovya's info is good just remember things can get botched fairly easy and this is why u need to read the req and effects of a mod before perusing it to make sure there will be no conflicts with mods u already have. if u use a vortex I suggest u pay attention to rules and plugins this can be done by clicking on the symbol to the right of mods and plugins. Animations may take time to load as well so let in game run for a bit before u assume that things are not working, u will find them in the slal tab underneath tab should display a list of anim packs u have dl if not wait. so it didn't work and cant find the solution......time to dl those same mods and save them manually to dls then look in them go through ur skyrim folder and purge all of that data delete, be careful not to delete mods that are located in the same folder. Handle uninstallation on those mods for vortex u do not have to remove them from vortex just uninstall, for reinstallation find where u are having the conflict first otherwise all will be for not.

I have tried to get defeat a lot of time it must be broken as I never got it to work.just look at it's page loads of people have problems.  I think in less you speak that language your shot out of luck. Last k read you had to change stuff so our skyrim can read it. Try submit it's what I finally did. 

I would suggest replacing the Nexus Mod Manager with Mod Organizer, but more on that later.

No matter which mod organizing tool you use, you should always run LOOT (https://loot.github.io/) after you installed new mods and Wrye Bash can also be a big problem solver.

LOOT will re-order your plugins to avoid mod conflicts as much as possible and Wrye Bash creates a sort of summarized master file in which certain settings are unfied to some extend, again to prevent as many conflicts between mods as possible.

Now back to the issue of mod launchers:

When comparing the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) and Mod Organizer (MO), It's far easier to fuck something up in NMM and end up having to reinstall all the mods since NMM puts the files into the game folder and overwrites files.

In MO each mod folder is seperated and outside the main game's folder, so unless you install two mods under the very same name, you can never destroy one mod by installing another. And you can easily test out which mod makes your game crash, since you can deactivate and reactivate mods by just clicking a single check-box.

Switching from NMM to MO later can be a bitch, but if you never used either, I highly suggest going straight to MO.

Setting up MO for the first time might seem a bit daunting, but once you have it up and running, you'll probably appreciate it a whole lot. I certainly did.

Mind you I've switched away from NMM more than 5 years ago and have never looked back, so maybe NMM has become better with later versions, but back then NMM was not really suited for more complex mod setups with either a big number of mods or overlapping mods.

There are also other Mod Launchers, but since I have never tried any other than those two, I can't say anything about them.

Archived