So I've recently installed a few animations for sexlab, and everything was fine... until I tried to load a quicksave.

Now the game crashes instantly after the loading screen, no matter which save file I'm trying to use.

This quicksave that I tried to load had everything in it because it was made after all the mods/animations were installed, so I don't really get what's the problem. I'm a noob, so I don't have the knowledge to solve this problem myself, I thought maybe someone could help me here.

I'm using Mod Organizer btw, which clearly shows me that I have a problem with my setup.

Here's what it says:

DEBUG (03:48:00.0266): add mod file D:\ModOrganizer\overwrite\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\1hm_behavior.hkx (meshes\actors\character\behaviors\1hm_behavior.hkx)
DEBUG (03:48:00.0266): move (ex) D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\1hm_behavior.hkx to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\1hm_behavior.hkx - 1 (183)
DEBUG (03:48:00.0276): using path from previous deletion: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\0_master.hkx
DEBUG (03:48:00.0278): remove mod file D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\0_master.hkx

ERROR (03:48:00.0278): not a mod directory: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\0_master.hkx
DEBUG (03:48:00.0319): move (ex) D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\0_master.hkx to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\0_master.hkx - 1 (183)
DEBUG (03:48:00.0334): findfirstfileex D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\0_master.hkx: 0_master.hkx (20)
DEBUG (03:48:00.0334): remove mod file D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\DummyStart.txt
INFO (03:48:00.0334): deleting D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\DummyStart.txt -> D:\ModOrganizer\overwrite\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\DummyStart.txt
DEBUG (03:48:00.0348): remove mod file D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt

Even after reading this, I don't know what to do, I tried to reinstall all the mods/animations that I recently downloaded, sounded good, didn't work.

Any ideas?

Hmm, i have some doubts that is the reason for crashes. If there's something wrong with those files i'd expect a T-pose, but not a crash.

The order of those steps is important.

1. Did you run FNIS after installing animations? If no, do that.

2. Does FNIS show any warnings/errors? If yes, fix them. Ask again if you don't know how, the first link in my sig has some tutorials that might help.

3. If it doesn't show any errors (anymore), do a consistence check. Any problems?

4. Restart MO and check if the log still shows those error(s).

5. If yes, the 0_master.hkx for my profile is in the F:\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior v6_3XXL\Meshes\actors\character\behaviors

You could try to move it manually and see if that helps, but in any case run FNIS before that.

It's not the cause of the CTD. But once you learn how to avoid load CTDs you will run into this MO bug again.

MO has problems when you have files created by a previous manual installation and execution of FNIS. Then you will see lines like this in the MO log:

ERROR (03:48:00.0278): not a mod directory: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\0_master.hkx

Simply remove the files MO lists as errors. Note:MO thinks the file 0_master.hkx is a folder.

Wow, what a helpful community, thank you for your replies!

Answering your ideas....

How many animations do you have?

3220 animations for 15 mods

2184 animations for 5 mods and 33 creatures

1. Did you run FNIS after installing animations? If no, do that.

2. Does FNIS show any warnings/errors? If yes, fix them. Ask again if you don't know how, the first link in my sig has some tutorials that might help.

3. If it doesn't show any errors (anymore), do a consistence check. Any problems?

4. Restart MO and check if the log still shows those error(s).

5. If yes, the 0_master.hkx for my profile is in the F:\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior v6_3XXL\Meshes\actors\character\behaviors

You could try to move it manually and see if that helps, but in any case run FNIS before that.

1. I did run it.

2. Doesn't have any issues.

3. Checked it, says 0 consistence issues.

4. yup, still showed them.

5. I don't have an FNIS Behavior folder in the ModOrganizer\mods folder. FNIS was one of the first mods I installed, so I don't remember perfectly, but it's possible that I didn't install it with ModOrganizer.

Simply remove the files MO lists as errors. Note:MO thinks the file 0_master.hkx is a folder.

After I deleted 0_master.hkx, another file called animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE showed up as an ERROR, with the same message. Deleted it aswell, then animationsetdatasinglefile.txt came up as a problem. I deleted it too, and then animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE were the problem again, however since I already deleted it, the file didn't even exist. This must be some kind of dark magic or idk...

The mod that Newbie2015 suggested however seems to work. I can load my save files now, and it works as intented.

fore said: 

But once you learn how to avoid load CTDs you will run into this MO bug again.

Hopefully I won't, but in case something would happen again, I'd like to draw a better picture of the problem that I had, so someone could come up with a manual solution that doesn't require a mod.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The game does not crashes instantly literally. It loads, then the game appears, however my character stands in a weird, almost T position, but with the arms slightly down. And then in like 1-2 seconds, it crashes.

There's another problem in MO, which I didn't mention, because it doesn't have an error message. It simply says that I have files in my overwritten mod. Can that be the cause of the issue?

Wow, what a helpful community, thank you for your replies!

Answering your ideas....

The game does not crashes instantly literally. It loads, then the game appears, however my character stands in a weird, almost T position, but with the arms slightly down. And then in like 1-2 seconds, it crashes.

There's another problem in MO, which I didn't mention, because it doesn't have an error message. It simply says that I have files in my overwritten mod. Can that be the cause of the issue?

So everything works now or does it still crash?

Files in your overwrite folder aren't bad per default, but that depends on the files and what you do. The reason files appear there is that MO throws there everything that is generated on the run like .json files for mod configuration made/exported ingame as well as everything he doesn't know what to do with it, like cleaned DLC files, FNIS output, Bodyslide builds...

The point here is: everything in that folder has always a higher priority than anything else. That's fine for FNIS output, and as long as you remember that you have bodyslide builds there, it doesn't hurt. But I'd strongly recommed to move cleaned DLCs, or they will overwrite all the mods that are supposed to overwrite them.

For most other things it's just good practise to keep that folder tidy. Within MO you can create one mod out of it, but not more than one. If you want to put everything into it's own mod, create folders with <yourModName> within the MO/mods folder, then open the overwrite folder in explorer and manually copy the files you want into those folders you created.

While not really necessary to do that for everything, it can be very confusing if you forget that your bodyslide files are there and you change something, but put them into a mod instead this time. The older files in the overwrite folder will still win any conflict, so... your update never works until you remember and delete the old files.

I see, thank you!

Had another crash today. I exited to the main menu while the animation was still playing, then I tried to load my save file and the game crashed again. However after a restart it was alright. Now that I think about it, the time when I posted this it happened after the same mistake as well. Exiting while the animation still playing. I guess I'll just won't do that anymore, instead I'll just use the advance animation option.

Everything works fine now.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Archived