Modern Firearms (OUTDATED, NEW LINKS NOW POSTED) 2.5 1.4 by Idlesheep

Oh I just remembered something to ask here, did you guys fix the broken bipod for the m60 yet? I'm still using v2.41 haven't updated to any betas or newer versions yet. I think some of the guns were taken out between v2.41 and latest version right? Also is it possible to turn on and off the laser pointer and nightvision modes of scopes? I know I have to key setup correctly for nightvision but it never turns on and off just stays on.

Oh I just remembered something to ask here, did you guys fix the broken bipod for the m60 yet? I'm still using v2.41 haven't updated to any betas or newer versions yet. I think some of the guns were taken out between v2.41 and latest version right? Also is it possible to turn on and off the laser pointer and nightvision modes of scopes? I know I have to key setup correctly for nightvision but it never turns on and off just stays on.

To answer those in order: Yes the M60 was fixed, no nothing was removed (though we did split the AR and AK families into a few new sub-groups), and yes - those specific functions are the "gadget" script (controls lasers) and the scope/magnification script respectively. If the NV seems to stay "on", make sure you don't have any other night-vision stuff active from other mods, and no other weapons you have on you are preventing the script from firing.

Also, if or when you update to 2.5, make absolutely certain you follow the proper update procedure. Uninstall 2.4 completely, triple-check that none of its files are still floating around, make a new hard save (ignore the missing content warning), then install 2.5 and spawn in the cheat/test trunks to re-equip in a hurry. Failure to follow these instructions WILL cause problems, and we won't bother helping you if you decide to ignore them.

Would it be possible to attach a change log to the first page please?

Depending on what version you're running, the changelog could be anywhere from a few lines to a few pages of stuff. I know some people are still running version 2.11 (last one before we got booted from the Nexus last year), while others are coming from the slightly newer 2.4 version or the original 2.5 beta. But yeah, Si can probably copy-paste the changelog from the main download and put it behind a spoiler tag or something.

Depending on what version you're running, the changelog could be anywhere from a few lines to a few pages of stuff. I know some people are still running version 2.11 (last one before we got booted from the Nexus last year), while others are coming from the slightly newer 2.4 version or the original 2.5 beta. But yeah, Si can probably copy-paste the changelog from the main download and put it behind a spoiler tag or something.

The last version I was running was the last one that came out before the current update.

Also I wouldn't mind a version that only included the weapons and craftable kiosks, and not the outfits and altered game mechanics, though that is probably asking for a bit much.

The last version I was running was the last one that came out before the current update.

Also I wouldn't mind a version that only included the weapons and craftable kiosks, and not the outfits and altered game mechanics, though that is probably asking for a bit much.

The only game mechanics we "altered" are the abnormally high DPH and the stagger effects, both of which are easily altered via patches (which IIRC Si uploaded here, or I can provide MediaFire links if needed). Unless you're counting the crafting system, in which case that's a point we'll have to agree to disagree on. You're not gonna be building mil-spec weapons and optics out of scrap you dug out of a building.

That said, there's a decent chance we'll be splitting the armor and weaponry into different packages to get around BethNet's limitations. If or when we do, we'll probably release PC versions as well alongside the current AiO.

The only game mechanics we "altered" are the abnormally high DPH and the stagger effects, both of which are easily altered via patches (which IIRC Si uploaded here, or I can provide MediaFire links if needed). Unless you're counting the crafting system, in which case that's a point we'll have to agree to disagree on. You're not gonna be building mil-spec weapons and optics out of scrap you dug out of a building.

That said, there's a decent chance we'll be splitting the armor and weaponry into different packages to get around BethNet's limitations. If or when we do, we'll probably release PC versions as well alongside the current AiO.

I was referring to the stagger effects and uniforms, the stagger effects can mess up V.A.T.S. pretty bad. The other stuff is fine, one of the things I liked about MF is that the guns are actually deadly, and I like the kiosks as well, it gives a purpose to the thousands in old world money my character has been collecting. I've been anxious to see some of the new weapon animations made compatible with MF more than anything else.

The no-stagger patch is in the downloads, so you're sorted buddy, and when Whiskey splits out the armour I'll make sure links or straight up dl's are posted here too. I'll get to work on the changelog, though you can trust me when I tell you this is the most bug-free version for a long time, hence it being posted here in the first place.

Sure, I'll pass this along. Any more details? That's the dragonskin vest is it? Male or female character? Vanilla or cbbe/evb? Any fov or character size tweaking on your end?

Interestingly it is not from the armors in your mod, but only on that rifle animation... i also sent it to the armor maker... so maybe delay it a bit. I can't figure out myself if it is a model or animation thing :/

Thanks for that buddy, another team member said they'd seen the issue once or twice, so it's being looked at. My best guess is a bulky underarmour making a top layer piece unusually large, thus pushing it into the line of sight?

Changelog, for those interested:

2.5-1.3 to 2.5-1.4

Added missing .BGSM files for Aliens Alpha, Aliens Bravo, Coyote Brown, Ghost, MACO and Marijuanaflage DTO vest textures.

FINALLY fucking fixed the [bDU] Military Uniform under-armor so it no longer looks like a bad acid trip.

Removed lens glare/reflection from all red-dot/reflex sights.

Fixed shotgun range, enemies should engage at reasonable distances rather than the previous "bitch-slap from God" routine.

Fixed Dragon's Breath shotguns being insanely valuable. They now sell for the same price as any other shotgun with the same mods.

Uber-boosted bash damage for all the guns. Base bash DPH is now 25% of base weapon DPH.

Added bayonets for the AK family and AR15 family of rifles. Full and blade-only versions depending on if you mind the severe clipping issues or not, all added to leveled lists.

Buffed the Uzi's base DPH so it's identical to the other SMGs.

2.5-1 to 2.5-1.3 changelog

Added the UMP and MP5’s .40 S&W conversions to spawn lists, so they’ll show up in the wild now.

Fixed an issue with the right leg armor not having all the right Misc mods available.

Triple-checked that the new TA31 ACOG is properly zeroed. It may still be slightly off, but it’s close enough that you won’t miss long as you aim for center-mass.

Fixed an issue with the TA31 turning into the old 3.5x ACOG when removed, requiring you to craft another to re-attach it. May have broken the old 3.5x ACOG in the process, but since it’s knackered anyway no harm done.

Fixed the Saiga’s 20 round drum so that it actually holds 20 rounds, instead of the original 30.

Added COBJ (Constructible Object) records for the AR50’s three flash hiders (A2 birdcage, AAC 51T, Yankee Hill Machine/YHM Phantom).

Reduced the frequency of MF-specific loading screens from 30% to 5% after people complained about them popping up too often (and I agree).

Re-wrote almost all of the MF-specific loading screen tips for better grammar, clarity and a bit of lulz. Kudos to anyone that gets the Metro reference/quote about shotguns.

Moved the ACOG and ELCAN optics from the “Weapon_Allow_Scope” keyword to “Weapon_Allow_Smaller_Optics”, so they can now be used on belt-feds, like they should have been from the jump.

Corrected the naming convention on the WA2K’s custom barrel.

Added a missing keyword to the SIG 550 series STANAG/normal grip receiver so the magazine options will show up now.

Added accurate weights to all the suppressors and optics

Corrected naming errors on the ACOG sights and edited their descriptions to reflect their features/functions.

Removed references to broken TA11H ACOG, replaced with functional TA11F. TA11H can still be crafted, but isn’t even close to zeroed.

FINALLY remembered to fix the [MF Custom] RPK-74 spawning sans barrel.

Removed references to some OMOD entries that were stripped out early on in the 2.5 build. This won’t impact anything on the user’s end, just did it because having those references left in made building the damage patches more difficult than it should’ve been.

Added the DSR suppressor to the “ModList_AR50_Muzzle_Any” mod list, so you should start seeing suppressed AR50s spawning around level 35 or so.

Added the TA31 3.5x, the 4x ACOGs and the ELCAN M145 optics to the spawn list for M60 and FN Minimi optics, they should start showing up around level 25 or so.

Added the “OPS MBS” and “Surefire SOCOM 338” suppressors to the FAL’s muzzle options, they should start showing up in the wild around level 25 or so.

Edited names and descriptions for some of the suppressors and flash hiders for better accuracy. The “KAC GS” suppressor has been renamed to the proper GemTech G5, the actual KAC suppressors now have their real names, the Ops Inc MBS can has been renamed to reflect the fact that production shifted back to the original builder/company, Allen Engineering, and that we used the model of the largest can they make.

Removed the “AimModelRecoilShotsForRunaway” modifier from all the suppressors, so they should kick a fair bit less now. That value controls how many rounds you can get off before recoil spikes to whatever the max is, so removing it entirely seemed like a good idea.

Edited the shotgun suppressor loading screen with new text and a new image/static.

Edited the static used for the AR50 load screens so the AN/PEQ isn’t showing in an impossible mount location. Specifically, just tore the thing off >.> might re-attach it properly later though.

Replaced the old C-mag and AK drum magazines with new, higher-quality and better-optimized models/textures.

Added missing RAS_L keyword to various AK handguards, so now everything that looks like it should be able to mount things on either side actually can.

Added missing property/value to the Aimpoint M2/3X magnifier [3X] sights so they have properly altered AP use in VATS. Was too lazy to check all the other optics though, so may have missed one – if so, let me know, it’s a quick fix with FO4Edit.

Added .308 C-mags for the FAL and AR-10 rifles. They should start showing up in the wild around level 30-35 or so.

Added not one, not two, but four new suppressors. For the regular rifles (anything with the “Weapon_RIFLE_Regular” keyword), added in the YHM Phantom 30 Light Tactical and the AAC Ti-Rant 45M, while the bolt-actions and AMRs (so anything in .338, .50 BMG or .50 Beowulf) now have the AAC Cyclops (big-ass .50 BMG can) and the Bowers Vers50 (originally designed for the .50 Beowulf, but it’s rated for damn near everything else that’ll fit thru the bore). All new cans are fully functional with the switch script, however there’s a roughly one second delay between hitting the key to run the script and the script actually running. It *only* happens with the cans, and I have no idea why. They’ve also been added to their respective leveled lists, so they should start spawning in the wild around level 30-35.

Fixed issue with the Uzi’s stock so mounting it actually properly increases accuracy rather than somehow making it worse.

Re-implemented Cemology’s AK-107/108 barrel. At the workbench it’s locked to the AK100 series of receivers, but in the wild it can show up on any AK (and I mean any – even seen it on a few AKUs).

Added a 5.45x39mm AK drum to complement the new AK barrel.

Added missing .BGSM files for Aliens Alpha, Aliens Bravo, Coyote Brown, Ghost, MACO and Marijuanaflage DTO vest textures. CADPAT Arid is still missing a diffuse map, so ignore that one for now. And of course, the limb armors are still WIP, currently only the five default colors work.

Fixed camo textures for the various holsters as well. All patterns now available there.

FINALLY fucking fixed the [bDU] Military Uniform under-armor so it no longer looks like a bad acid trip.

Removed lens glare/reflection from all red-dot/reflex sights.

Fixed shotgun range, enemies should engage at reasonable distances rather than the previous “bitch-slap from God” routine.

Fixed Dragon’s Breath shotguns being insanely valuable. They now sell for the same price as any other shotgun with the same mods.

Uber-boosted bash damage for all the guns. Base bash DPH is now 25% of base weapon DPH.

Added bayonets for the AK family and AR15 family of rifles. Full and blade-only versions depending on if you mind the severe clipping issues or not, all added to leveled lists.

Buffed the Uzi’s base DPH so it’s identical to the other SMGs.

Slightly buffed base DPH on all .308 weapons from 150 to 160.

Slightly buffed the 20mm anti-tank gun’s base DPH from 350 to 360.

Slightly buffed all the SMGs (MP5, Uzi, UMP, AR-57) from 50 to 52 base DPH.

Added two new tiers to the Dragonskin Vest armor, along with three new matching tiers for the limb armors. Note: Tier V armor won’t even show up as a crafting option until level 50, and has high-as-hell perk and material requirements.

Integrated JackArbiter’s “Button Lowered Weapon” mod. Just press-and-hold whatever your normal “holster/draw/reload” key is to lower your weapon, then press again to holster. Works with any and all weapons from any and all mods, including those that have custom animations.

Fixed animation issue with bolt-action rifles being held at weird angles in third-person. FINALLY.

Included missing BGSM and texture files for the KRISS Vector magazines, so they shouldn’t be turning purple again.

Are you using letter keys? Make sure to use capitals in the ini if so, and that there's no space before the = sign.

Only other issues possible are that fo4hotkeys isn't installed correctly or you have a lot of other script heavy mods delaying the effect, so far as I'm aware at least. It's working for everybody provided everything's been done correctly.

Edit: which version were you using before? Did you make a clean save before updating?

Can we use the numpad keys too ? More practical for me (french AZERTY keyboard).

Just to let you know, I added the CBJ, DOOM Mac-11, and Svt-40 mods as masters, and added the animation keywords from those mods to the MP7, UZI, and M14 Classic stock respectively. Works like a charm for everything but the uzi, whose reflex sights became misaligned (might have been that way to begin with). I added Ha-ru's 9mm pistol anims to the pistols their with little problem through the same method, though his most recent pistol anims are much better. Those anims for the MP443 require some kind of maintenance but are definitely worth it.

Are you using letter keys? Make sure to use capitals in the ini if so, and that there's no space before the = sign.

Only other issues possible are that fo4hotkeys isn't installed correctly or you have a lot of other script heavy mods delaying the effect, so far as I'm aware at least. It's working for everybody provided everything's been done correctly.

Edit: which version were you using before? Did you make a clean save before updating?

Can we use the numpad keys too ? More practical for me (french AZERTY keyboard).

Any key you like, I only used letters in my example as the script appears to be case sensitive and doesn't work with small letters.

Any key you like, I only used letters in my example as the script appears to be case sensitive and doesn't work with small letters.Will test this then. I've installed the full version, not the lite. Don't think it's a problem.

Well, it works but numpad isn't effective. instead, the "num keys" are those in top of the keyboard, like in querty. Weird. Definitely, I'm with an azerty keyboard defined as such, in game included.

Other thing ... Is it me or the MF containers are less populated (the armor one for instance) ?

Edit > Okay, tests done. I can start a true new game :).

Just to let you know, I added the CBJ, DOOM Mac-11, and Svt-40 mods as masters, and added the animation keywords from those mods to the MP7, UZI, and M14 Classic stock respectively. Works like a charm for everything but the uzi, whose reflex sights became misaligned (might have been that way to begin with). I added Ha-ru's 9mm pistol anims to the pistols their with little problem through the same method, though his most recent pistol anims are much better. Those anims for the MP443 require some kind of maintenance but are definitely worth it.

Nice! What about the bullpup guns? The AUGs, the FAMAS, and the Tavor?

These animations might work with the Tavor, at least in first person:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21810/?

Also, would it be possible to have the bolt action rifles use separate animations rather than the same animations as the Hunting rifle? The reason I ask is because the last time I had the mod installed it overwrote the animations for the hunting rifle and cause any other bolt action rifle, vanilla or otherwise, with the bolt on the opposite side (the default side) to look odd.

I may have found how to use numpad instead of top num keys. Nothing with QWERTY or AZERTY keyboard layouts, but about true declaration in the Hotkeys.ini.

Doc here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/191/?

And my INI (for example):

[Hotkeys]

NumPad1=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchFireMode"
NumPad2=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchUnder"
NumPad3=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchAimPoint"
NumPad4=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchBipod"
NumPad5=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchSuppressor"
NumPad6=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchGadget"

@Zombiepoonani:

We're using a replacer still currently I'm afraid, but animations are coming fast now. We've a priority to make the changes necessary to finally push essentially this update (with some great looking script/plugin cleanups from new team members) to the Xbox- (and pc naturally, but the xbone is still using 2.5)- but after that there should be a big push on animation and some new toys for the next full version. I'll make sure to push your idea at the time.

@Benmc20:

Nice one Ben, that looks right, I wasnt sure enough about how the numpad was specified to advise you directly, but that may help other folk here, thanks for sharing.

Nope, not afaik. A quick nexus search might be wise, but all the stuff made directly by us is here already.

Of course if you make one you're welcome to post here, and I can add it to the downloads or link to it in the top post, as you prefer.

Huh ? Don't saw them in the vending machine. What are their names in game ?

Edit > If it's the military uniform, you can't use anything with it like the dragonskin vest, shoulders, holster or leggins. If you put this military uniform, oll other equipement will be removed.