CBBE Skin Texture Glitch

I've been working on figuring out a skin glitch. I've seen a few others with similar issues but none were identical and none of their solutions have fixed my problem.

Ever since I installed CBBE my skin has looked like a burn victim. It looks even worse when naked with little bits textured as if I had a vanilla skin and bits as if I were using the CBBE skin.

post-102933-0-96677900-1501808301_thumb.jpg

All NPCs look totally fine. It's only my player character. I've tried everything I can think of. I reinstalled CBBE and bodyslide and outfit studio. I tried rebuilding everything in bodyslide. I tried uninstalling everything I can think of that might be fiddling with my texture for my character (I was suspicious of Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures). I tried reinstalling the game. I tried doing all those other things after the re-installation. Nothing has worked. Anyone got any ideas? I've attacked some pictures of what's currently installed. 

post-102933-0-11059600-1501808310_thumb.jpg

post-102933-0-56117600-1501808319_thumb.jpg

Looks like wrong UV mapping. You said even when nude, so probably vanilla based texture on the CBBE body.

Valkyr is for vanilla based bodies. The face texture works, but the body needs the CBBE version found here as stated in the description.

Did you install manually or am I just not finding Valkyr in the screens?

Looks like wrong UV mapping. You said even when nude, so probably vanilla based texture on the CBBE body.

Valkyr is for vanilla based bodies. The face texture works, but the body needs the CBBE version found here as stated in the description.

Did you install manually or am I just not finding Valkyr in the screens?

I uninstalled Valkyr, then reinstalled fallout 4 since then. It's still the same problem.

Steadily reinstalling mods one at a time to see if I can track down exactly when the problem starts. 

Clean install...ok

CBBE...ok

F4SE...ok

Achievements v1-0-4-12465-1-0-4...ok

Silky Smooth Skin...ok

Silky smooth Skin Face Texture...ok

LooksMenu v 1-5-0...ok

Additional Body Textures...ok

All Settlements Extended...ok

Unique Player...fail (After installing this, only vanilla skins are shown. There is no crazy overlapping but it's still a failure.)

manually add textures from silky smooth skin to folder...fail

Well you have "Unique Player" installed, so i guess that mod comes with vanilla body textures and you have to copy the CBBE textures there manually.

Are you willing to describe that process? It's not something I've had to do before.

You need to figure out which filepath the Unique Player mod uses. Best to check the installer or mod archive, unpack it somewhere and look up the directory structure.

There will be a folder with a bunch of files like "femalebody.dds" and so on.

Then just copy the corresponding CBBE textures over to the Unique Player folder (the one already installed in the Fallout Data folder).

Well you have "Unique Player" installed, so i guess that mod comes with vanilla body textures and you have to copy the CBBE textures there manually.

Are you willing to describe that process? It's not something I've had to do before.

You need to figure out which filepath the Unique Player mod uses. Best to check the installer or mod archive, unpack it somewhere and look up the directory structure.

There will be a folder with a bunch of files like "femalebody.dds" and so on.

Then just copy the corresponding CBBE textures over to the Unique Player folder (the one already installed in the Fallout Data folder).

I just tried this and just wound up with vanilla textures instead of my modded textures.

I just tried this and just wound up with vanilla textures instead of my modded textures.

All i can say is, the 2nd pic in post #6 shows how the vanilla textures look like on the CBBE body. Like someone chopped the texture in pieces and sewed it back together.

If you got it to look like a normal human body, you're on the right track. Probably just copied the wrong textures or something.

Either read the description of the "Unique Player" mod again, or play without it perhaps? It only makes things more complicated.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Masterchief21 said:

I tried to fix my skin texture problem by uninstalling some of my mods that deal with skin texture, and it didn't work. HELP? No matter what I do the texture always has a problem. The skin texture for my character has been screwed up since I first got the game. 

377160_20180901231146_1 (2).png

are you using cbbe?

have a look here in this folder \Fallout 4\Data\textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale

which image do you have named "FemaleBody_d.dds"

CBBE

Screenshot_090218_051253_PM.jpg.5ea67a1edd99366bb293d403c7dc0a6b.jpg

Unique Bodies

Screenshot_090218_051635_PM.jpg.f0b712d411bd8122b4863305b31c4d4c.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived