Trouble with Looksmenu bodymorph

Hey fellas, I originally got this to work, then reinstalled Fallout 4 and have no idea why this is NOT working. Basically, when I use the showlooksmenu player 1 command and I go to 'body', I get all the normal options that looksmenu would allow me, but when I click on the options I get blank slates- no options and no sliders. Could any of you tell me why this would be so I could fix it? I already have gone into bodyslide and ticked the 'build morphs' button and set the preset to 'zeroed sliders' as the mod requested.

Hey fellas, I originally got this to work, then reinstalled Fallout 4 and have no idea why this is NOT working. Basically, when I use the showlooksmenu player 1 command and I go to 'body', I get all the normal options that looksmenu would allow me, but when I click on the options I get blank slates- no options and no sliders. Could any of you tell me why this would be so I could fix it? I already have gone into bodyslide and ticked the 'build morphs' button and set the preset to 'zeroed sliders' as the mod requested.

Simple fix, use Bodyslide, make sure to check the box on the lower left hand corner for build morphs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem, sliders stopped working, did you find a solution?

• 11 months later...

I'm running into this issue and for some reason nothing I try is working. I've generated the body in the bodyslide with the build morphs option checked but it never  creates a sliders folder or anything like that in my F4SE plugins folder. I have a back up copy of an old game that has it in there but its not working on this new install...

On 8/14/2018 at 5:26 PM, Carreau said:

If you're not using a mod manager to launch your game, LooksMenu gets disabled since the ESP is empty.

I believe that's simply not true. I never launch via a mod manager, just via "F4SE_loader.exe" and have no issues with LooksMenu.

No one has stated whether on not they have the folder Invictaxe mentioned.   Look for "Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\CBBE.esp" with a file "sliders.json" in there.  You can always try blowing out both CBBE and BodySlide, then reinstall them.  

Also, the console command (well, for PC) is "showlooksmenu 14"

4 hours ago, c5kev said:

I believe that's simply not true. I never launch via a mod manager, just via "F4SE_loader.exe" and have no issues with LooksMenu.

I can confirm the action I stated is 100% true as I started running MO2 to prevent that behavior. I’ve manually installed mods on every Bethesda game I’ve played, FO4 was no different. Looksmenu would conisistently disable itself when launching the game using F4SE. After much research, a mod organizer was the fix, and I haven’t had an issue since transitioning to MO2.

The irony is I still manually install my mods as I simply did not want to uninstall everything just to switch to MO2’s virtual folders. I only use MO2 to set my load order and launch the game. 

3 hours ago, Carreau said:

Looksmenu would conisistently disable itself when launching the game using F4SE.

Looskmenu esp is just to activate the ba2, so if you guys are having problems, try unpacking the ba2 and using the loose files (mainly, the scripts). Maybe this can help?

Are your games, f4se and looksmenu fully updated to the lastest versions? Wouldn't hurt to check and reinstall everything but the game.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:19 AM, Kirkesbergen said:

BGasically, when I use the showlooksmenu player 1 command and I go to 'body', I get all the normal options that looksmenu would allow me, but when I click on the options I get blank slates- no options and no sliders. Could any of you tell me why this would be so I could fix it? I already have gone into bodyslide and ticked the 'build morphs' button and set the preset to 'zeroed sliders' as the mod requested.

You're talking that when you open the "advanced" tab you get no sliders, right? And that you can see the Clothes, Advanced and etc option in the bottom menu?

Looksmenu now also have another option for tattoos and etc.

If you are getting no sliders, check Looksmenu install like already suggested. If everything is correct, you should see the sliders even if they are not working (moving them does nothing to the body).
First try updating everything (again?) and checking folders. AFAIK it is working for me, but i don't remember checking after the last update. Are you guys talking exactly about the last update or the mod was already not working before 1.10.106?

5 hours ago, Carreau said:

I can confirm the action I stated is 100% true as I started running MO2 to prevent that behavior. I’ve manually installed mods on every Bethesda game I’ve played, FO4 was no different. Looksmenu would conisistently disable itself when launching the game using F4SE. After much research, a mod organizer was the fix, and I haven’t had an issue since transitioning to MO2.

The irony is I still manually install my mods as I simply did not want to uninstall everything just to switch to MO2’s virtual folders. I only use MO2 to set my load order and launch the game. 

With all due respect, it's 100% true in YOUR situation. Please reread the first line in my comment...  ...and I use NMM.

3 hours ago, Di3sIrae said:

Looskmenu esp is just to activate the ba2, so if you guys are having problems, try unpacking the ba2 and using the loose files (mainly, the scripts). Maybe this can help?

Are your games, f4se and looksmenu fully updated to the lastest versions? Wouldn't hurt to check and reinstall everything but the game.

This was months ago, and at the time, everything was up to date. I ended up unpacking the Ba2 so the scripts would load. I was getting tired of the esp constantly disabling, and I was actively developing a mod to take advantage of functions inside bodygen. It was just easiest for me to develop and troubleshoot by taking the empty esp disable out of the equation by using a mod manager. 

• 1 year later...

Old topic, but I just had the same problem with BodyTalk3 and this thread came up on a google search, so maybe this is useful to someone: It seems the name of the folder at "Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\" needs to match the name of the mod. In my case, the mod was called "BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp" while the folder was called "LooksMenu.esp". Renaming the folder fixed the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 12:34 AM, VilverinVinDiesel said:

Old topic, but I just had the same problem with BodyTalk3 and this thread came up on a google search, so maybe this is useful to someone: It seems the name of the folder at "Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\" needs to match the name of the mod. In my case, the mod was called "BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp" while the folder was called "LooksMenu.esp". Renaming the folder fixed the issue.

You're my savior! Renamed BodyTalk to BadyTalk3-LooksMenu and no I got sliders and they work! 

Tyvm