FPS problem during main quest

Iolya

Hello everyone! Could you help me with one thing? The point is i've reinstalled Skyrim recently and installed some of my mods i've used before. And now, during the main quest i have huge FPS drop from 60 to 20 and it never comes back to normal. Drops happen when Jarl Balgruf gives me an Elven Armor and stands up to lead me to Faerengar. Up to this moment the FPS is stable 50-60, but after he gives me the armor - it drops to 30 and then to 20. I've tried to test my performance both on PC and my laptop - drops are the same, so it doesn't really depends on PC.

Here's my load order:

D4KpRVadT9w.jpg
wyawBcIMZoI.jpg

I also use Skyrim Memory Patch. Could it cause the problem?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I am surprised that you get an elven armor.
Actually it should be a steel armor or equivalent.

sorry in German

ich bekomme sogar eine vergoldete Elfenrüstung. es liegt daran mit welcher lvl stufe du zu Jarl Balgruf gehst.

die Axt von Weißlauf ist auch meist Elfisch (zweihänder).

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls2/images/f/ff/Elfenstreitaxt2.png/revision/latest?cb=20131205185956&path-prefix=de

eng.

I even get a gilded elf armor. It depends on which level you go to Jarl Balgruf.

the ax of whiterun is also usually Elvish (two-handed).

Well, i've tried to reinstall Skyrim again and install mods one by one, testing performance each time i've installed something. Turns out, for some unknown reason, FPS drops were caused by RS Children Overhaul, Without it there is stable 60 FPS, with it - 20-30 FPS. I'll try to install some other replacers just to test if they are causing the same problem and report here in case someone has the same problem as mine.

and why should it be a steel armor?

17080502014911625.jpg

170805020337571028.jpg

170805020157199944.jpg

either you didn't install rs children properly, either a mod override it

look for the id of some dragonreach kids in google

coc qasmoke

player.placeatme id

if the npc take a few seconds to appear, it's no good (game is generating the head instead of just loading the nif)

take about 30 seconds to generate a npc with crap kit, a few more in game

and that mean problems if something try to do something to those npcs before they are there

sorry in German

ich bekomme sogar eine vergoldete Elfenrüstung. es liegt daran mit welcher lvl stufe du zu Jarl Balgruf gehst.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls2/images/f/ff/Elfenstreitaxt2.png/revision/latest?cb=20131205185956&path-prefix=de

eng.

I even get a gilded elf armor. It depends on which level you go to Jarl Balgruf.

Ich weiss ...

Das war mehr als Augenzwinkern gemeint. Nach dem Motto "Aha - also erst hochleveln."

Ich persönlich renne die Hauptquest so schnell wie möglich durch - es gibt nichts langweiligeres als diese Quest.

I know ...

That was more meant as a wink.

According to the motto  "Aha - before - some levels climb up."
I personally run the main quests as fast as possible - there is nothing more boring than this quest.

sorry in German

eng.

Ich weiss ...

Das war mehr als Augenzwinkern gemeint. Nach dem Motto "Aha - also erst hochleveln."

Ich persönlich renne die Hauptquest so schnell wie möglich durch - es gibt nichts langweiligeres als diese Quest.

I know ...

That was more meant as a wink.

According to the motto  "Aha - before - some levels climb up."
I personally run the main quests as fast as possible - there is nothing more boring than this quest.

off Topic.  :)

hättest du ein ;) hinten dran gesetzt, dann hätte ich es auch verstanden.  :lol:

so begriffsstutzig wie ich meistens bin, brauch ich schon mal einen schuppser.  :D

ist bei mir anders, ich spiele die Hauptquest bis zu dem punkt, wo ich mit Delphine den Drachen in Kyneshain töte, dann lasse ich Sie warten bis Sie schwarz wird.

ich mache alles Andere (Schreie sammeln, Gilden und sogar Solstheim) außer kampf mit den Sturmmänteln, dann die Hauptquest weiter und zu guter Letzt, Krieg beenden.

sounds like it could be a skelleton issue.  Multiple skeletons will cause exactly the fps drop you are describing. There is an xpsme skeleton patch for RS children. And I would give your load order a pass with LOOT.

Ok, didn't know about the skeleton issue. I'm using XMSME and didn't see any patch for it) I'll try to install mod again with patch and see if there's any difference)

Archived