4Play MCM Menu troubleshooting.

Kain82

I was looking through the Pip boy, and saw an option that said MCM something.  I don't remember when I downloaded the MCM menu or who made it.  But when I click on it I get 4Play options.  I click animations and go to where it says "Is player opposite sex?" the default is off.  I click the option and I get a message that says it's been enabled, but when I look at the option it still says default: off.  This is especially annoying since I play straight males and I don't like seeing them using female animations for sex.  I was wondering does anyone know how to to turn the default to ON?  I am in the middle of a playthrough I am doing jobs for the BoS.  No not those kind of jobs, but labor.   But anyway do I need to start a new game in order to make the options work?  I really don't want to but will just to have my character use his male animations.

It's like that, means that by default that option is off and when you change it it will change but it will still tell you that default is off because it is, I was confused at first too..

Thanks for the quick reply.  But even when it says it's enabled my character still uses the female animations.  So my character and I are also confused.  Did your character start to use the proper animations?  Also I've downloaded all updated mods and patches.  Does one still need to use the sex gun to initiate sex in 4Play?

If you want male player in male role, you should have left that option as default, i.e. it should be disabled - the player should not be treated as his opposite sex i.e. should not be treated as female. 

Just click on that option again to disable it.

The option is aimed at futa and dom/sub homosexual player characters. If you play straight characters, that option should be off, as default.

In any case if a sex animation starts with reversed gender roles somehow, all you have to do is press Numpad 3

And yes, the value shown in the MCM is always the default value as clearly indicated, not the current. FO4's message box functionality don't allow dynamic values in the text - we're working on the backend function to change that though so hopefully in the future it will show both default and currently selected value.

Is there an option for bisexual players? :P What I mean is that when my male PC will have sex with another male then my PC should be ''as victim'' (use female anims?) but when he have sex with females he should be always active (using male animations). Or it should be like that by default (after enabling that option that Kain82 was talking about)?

Sorry for all those questions, but it can be a little confusing sometimes. 

You'll probably need to use Numpad 3 ad-hoc to get exactly what you described. It's quite a smooth transition though, even helps the alignment if it's off from the first attempt.

If you turn on "Treat Player As Opposite Gender" for a male character, that male character will always be in the submissive / female role when having sex with another male, but when having sex with a female, it would be a roll of a dice which role you get put in because Four-Play now technically treats this as a lesbian scene.

If you want male player in male role, you should have left that option as default, i.e. it should be disabled - the player should not be treated as his opposite sex i.e. should not be treated as female. 

Just click on that option again to disable it.

The option is aimed at futa and dom/sub homosexual player characters. If you play straight characters, that option should be off, as default.

In any case if a sex animation starts with reversed gender roles somehow, all you have to do is press Numpad 3

And yes, the value shown in the MCM is always the default value as clearly indicated, not the current. FO4's message box functionality don't allow dynamic values in the text - we're working on the backend function to change that though so hopefully in the future it will show both default and currently selected value.

Thank you for the reply and help, Vunfamy.  I did not know that.  I assumed the default was female on female or man on man.  But now I know.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Different issue,  My MCM holotape has simply vanished.  It's not in any of my settlements, and the numeric 7 doesn't seem to work either.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and the item didn't appear there.  Is there a console command that I could add it with?

Archived