What you have now temperature at home ?

poblivion

Guest Kanori24

Hmm.. I won't state the current temp.. but I will state the highest I've seen this summer, which was 103°F (36°C) with a humidity hanging around 90%. Bad thing is my room mate is one of those people who thinks your house has to be 'cold'... as in... never turns it off. He keeps the thermostat bottomed out so the AC never shuts off. Needless to say we have a lot of hot days indoors because it breaks down every couple of weeks due to his abuse. The good thing is it's not my house, nor my responsibility to pay for the AC techs to come out, tell him what he's doing wrong for the thousandth time. It's so funny because when the people come, it's usually the same couple of guys, and I would be the only one home and they'll be like" You haven't been able to talk any sense into him yet? lol" :P

• 10 months later...

Feels like around thirty, outside it's 28C. At least it gets cool on nights with windows open despite the "tropical nights" (temperature never falls below 20C), problem with that is that the sound of every screaming moped, drunk and dog carries inside.

Oh well, i'll sleep when i'm dead. Which is pretty soon if this continues ?

Well, shouldn't joke about that, as Japan's heatwave has been classified as a natural disaster and it has killed a hundred people :classic_blink:

I live South Korea Capital Seoul where 60% of Korean population-30 Millions- live. Seoul got trees some small mountains and water stream in center of city. But Urban heat island effect got city. Temperature reached around 36-40 Celsius. I found one of my Tropical Fishs dead by heat in yesterday. Weather is hot to kill Tropical Fish.

Well global warming finally start damage the world. I guess.

28°C (33 outside) was the highest today.
Currently ~27°C (falling tendency).
I'm living in a bigger town in midwest-Germany (fortunately on the ground floor, so it's "bearable")
It's still too hot for my taste.
30+x is good for beachtime or so, but here in my flat - not really enjoyable ;)

Don't care too much, I have air conditioning in my studio, living room, and bedroms.

But anytime I go outside I sweat like a dripped sponge.

About 40 Celsius here.

53 minutes ago, CPU said:

Don't care too much, I have air conditioning in my studio, living room, and bedroms.

But anytime I go outside I sweat like a dripped sponge.

About 40 Celsius here.

I envy you. We have air condition in our house, but we can't use it because of my Prince who gets ill. But, we don't mind; my Ivy and I can stand the heat, he can't. That's why we have alternative methods of cooling. :)

38 minutes ago, fejeena said:

27°C    at 5AM 

But there was a thunderstorm in the west ( I heard it, and 2-3 drops of rain ),  and now it's 27°C cold ( I am freezing)

Freezing at 27 C? :classic_ohmy: Wooow. here is one phenomena. My husband says that he feels the best on minus 10-15. He is full of energy, breaths with full lungs and he is in very good mood.  In the area where we live now we have no such low temperatures (the lowest is Zero). So you can only imagine how much he suffer when temperature goes above 20-25.

On 9/10/2017 at 12:06 AM, Celedhring said:

22C for me indoors. I live in Texas where it's usually in excess of 37C outdoors from June through early October. 

It's broken down for me in the middle of the summer, and let me tell you, it gets REALLY brutal when that happens so I have the A/C repair guys on speed dial. 

Come down to S. Texas if you want to feel even hotter. Laredo is the worst with normal temps at 43C in the afternoon. You could almost literally cook some eggs on the sidewalk there!?

I had to buy a new AC this Summer and forget about a new computer for awhile. I generally just keep it around 80F because I'm used to the heat. No AC in my car though.

Today is not too bad since it rained all day yesterday and is cloudy today so around 75 F (24.8 C). It has been running around 98 f (36.6 C) for the past few weeks though, so I keep it at 72 F (22.2 C) in the house.

Luke I have been to Texas numerous times I have family in Grandview just a bit south of Fort Worth. It does get damn hot there in the summers, However I was there during the winter many many moons ago, they got an inch of snow and totally freaked the F*** out. I mean I get that you guys don't get huge amounts of snow but it was only an inch.

4 hours ago, wokking56 said:

Luke I have been to Texas numerous times I have family in Grandview just a bit south of Fort Worth. It does get damn hot there in the summers, However I was there during the winter many many moons ago, they got an inch of snow and totally freaked the F*** out. I mean I get that you guys don't get huge amounts of snow but it was only an inch.

The last time it snowed where I am was over 25 yrs ago. So, yeah, it's a big deal around here. Grandview huh? Think I might have passed through there once or twice- it is very nice around that part of the state. Have a good one. :grin:

Archived