Please tell me SKSE64 has been canceled

Zyrchin

It seems SKSE64 is in trouble, possibly canceled. 

First, SKSE64 missed an estimated beta. That happens and is to be expected.

​Second, there currently is no estimated timeframe for a beta, suggesting no headway is being made.

Lastly, I waited longer to post this than I waited for the beta. I don't want to throw a fuss or insult someone's competence or intelligence, but I also want to know if regularly checking http://skse.silverlock.org/ for updates is a waste of my time.

SKSE32 seems to operate exactly as intended, and we can all absolutely continue enjoying Skyrim without SKSE64. But, if it's never to be released, I'd like to know.

For a while, the SKSE page was set as my start page in both Chrome and Edge. I'm not looking to be pushy and it is certainly in no way my intention to be disrespectful or rude. I only ask for anything in the realm of an update every 3-4 weeks, even if all that changes is the date.

The last update on the page, as of this post, is about 4 months and 28 days old.

SKSE 32 works on Skyrim LE. SKSE 64 will not change a single function there, it is only for SE, no mod made for the LE version will ever work with SKSE 64. You'll never be in a situation where you say "i want to play this mod for LE but it doesn't work, could i have missed the new SKSE?" If you're fine with LE, just stop checking for updates.

If Beth wants a paid mod they better start hiring somebody who makes it, because the guys working on it can not even get donations without losing their job. As long as Beth doesn't announce they publish it themself, stop speculating about it.

SKSE 32 works on Skyrim LE. SKSE 64 will not change a single function there, it is only for SE, no mod made for the LE version will ever work with SKSE 64. You'll never be in a situation where you say "i want to play this mod for LE but it doesn't work, could i have missed the new SKSE?" If you're fine with LE, just stop checking for updates.

If Beth wants a paid mod they better start hiring somebody who makes it, because the guys working on it can not even get donations without losing their job. As long as Beth doesn't announce they publish it themself, stop speculating about it.

There is opportunity for Beteshda here. Just make it themselves and sell it as a DLC. It should be easy money for them. Some basic SKSE mods like Sky Ui could be included in the package.

Btw, for Sky Ui, for now grab you olden 2.2 from Oldrim and run that in Special Edition. It complains about the lack of SKSC but it works.

There is opportunity for Beteshda here. Just make it themselves and sell it as a DLC. It should be easy money for them. Some basic SKSE mods like Sky Ui could be included in the package.

Btw, for Sky Ui, for now grab you olden 2.2 from Oldrim and run that in Special Edition. It complains about the lack of SKSC but it works.

Don't know if they could even do that, Sony won't allow it on playstation... IANAL, but i think that might be a problem. And since it doesn't add anything to the game by itself, they couldn't demand much either. Plus it would ruin their reputation for giving modding tools away for free. Could they do it anyways? Sure. Would i buy it? Depends on the price, but yeah, maybe. But an (good) opportunity? I don't think so.

The "no mod made for the LE version will ever work with SKSE 64" was bad formulated, i should have said "no mod created for LE will require SKSE 64.".

Yes bethesda should fuck over the mod community and split the creator base even harder than they already have and also directly allow sex mods on the playstation and xbox without oversight.

brilliant.

Well ... we don't know about SKSE64's fate ... the developers team don't know either ... i understand that they got involved in other projects (like FO4 ... that doesn't interest me in a bit). They don't have any obligation ... whatsoever.  The TES modding community ... works so well and keep alive these game ... because the mods / tools ... are offered for free. Asking for money ... that will never work ... and i'm not saying that they wouldn't deserve it ... but THEN ... all the modders deserve the same ... no one's work / time is more important than other's. I ... myself ... have a list of at least 100 mods ... that i would rather pay ... before SKSE ... mods that add content, story and life in the game.

That being said ... i know ... that SKSE ... is not really an requirement ... it is much more a convenience ... Modders can circumvent it ... depending on the mod, some more easier than others ... and actually PORT any Oldrim mod (1-2 exceptions) ... in SSE ... if THIS is what they really want. Sure ... perhaps ... the in-game delivery will not be as elegant as with SKSE features ... so you cast a spell or drink a potion instead of ... pressing a key ... and with no in-game configurator like MCM ... you have to work with some complex script and message windows ... but it can be done. Sure ... it is easier to wait for SKSE64 ... because you don't have to re-work or re-think your mod ... even twice if the SKSE64 ... eventually release. The point i want to make here ... is that you shouldn't put all pressure on the SKSE Team ... the indivual Mod Authors ... can be pestered a little too ...:) 

And of course ... i think that the SKSE's importance is overrated ... it is just a tool ... i can be circumvented and it can be replicated ... it is not a requirement ... it is a convenience ... in regards to the modded gameplay!

Actually now ... we have SkylightUI v2.1 ... which is vastly superior to the Teaked Oldrim SkyUI v2.2 ...:) As far as i'm concerned ... the 'user interface issue' had been resolved ... no mater if SkylightUI ... is further upgraded or not.

Honestly, if it is still in development we're not gonna get any updates for a while other than "Hey we're working on it, be back later". That doesn't mean there is no hope. The SSE modding community right now is doing some cool stuff, where instead of waiting and hoping, a lot of stuff is happening where replacements are being made, or workarounds, I mean look at skylight UI and stuff. I believe a team is working on a different SKSE for SSE as well.

Fine.. I'll spill some information... Geez... There are people are trying to join the team. JEEZZZ! Calm down... There is your update. I'm not saying anymore, because I don't know specifics.  But I know from a small thread someone wanted to join the SKSE64 team and start getting it going or at least help work on it. Whether that person has followed through I have no idea. They were asking on how they would be able to join. They where told all the specifics and the person replied to it by saying. They'd get on it by taking the tests to see about joining the team. 

I'm not going to go digging to find the source. It's somewhere on reddit. Someone was asking why SKSE64 wasn't out yet and during the conversation they said they wanted to join the team. They knew certain programs and were willing to learn. When offered the tests to become part of the team they replied like they didn't care and would just take them. 

Is SKSE64 happening. Maybe... But yelling about and demanding an update from the team isn't going to get us there any faster. It'll get here when it gets here and if not.. The SKSE team is reliable enough to let us know. They've always kept their stuff up to date and have always updated us when things are going awkward. Anyway, that's all the information I haven. Whether the person passed the tests and has joined the team.  I have no clue, but I know there was an individual looking into joining them. 

Not sure if there is some new development after this

what i don't get why don't they just make a Patreon for freeing up more time in there lifes, i've seen a good amount of people do this to get around the contract problem and it doesn't even have to touch SKSE64 all it dose is give them more free time to work on it by getting all of the IRL junk out of the way

what i don't get why don't they just make a Patreon for freeing up more time in there lifes, i've seen a good amount of people do this to get around the contract problem and it doesn't even have to touch SKSE64 all it dose is give them more free time to work on it by getting all of the IRL junk out of the way

I don't think you understand how much money software engineers make because patreon isn't going to even kind of cut it unless donald trump starts contributing.

These people aren't making "flipping burgers" money in their day job, unless those burgers are 100% Kobe beef served to the British royal family and Saudi princes.

I don't think you understand how much money software engineers make because patreon isn't going to even kind of cut it unless donald trump starts contributing.

These people aren't making "flipping burgers" money in their day job, unless those burgers are 100% Kobe beef served to the British royal family and Saudi princes.

Software Engineers make a good amount of money HOWEVER since SKSE is such a huge prerequisites for almost ANYTHING in modding these games getting people (youtubers, websites, and so on) to help them out or even just make ads for the patreon should be easy and considering how many people actually use and need skse it wouldn't be out of the question that it would be successful since it already has quite the large name to it.

don't you think i know that, i wouldn't have said anything if i wasn't informed :/ 

you ever think that maybe there life style might out pass there paycheck some people do this sometimes cause everyone likes having nice things , also it depends where they live cause some HOUSES are fucking expensive!,

cause if i was making a lot of money, i would want the best stuff money can buy!

not food wise though, more like cars or cool tec stuff, internet, TV, cell phone ect...

that $ adds up

• 2 weeks later...

No, they are not at Bethesda, they just have jobs. And they were asking for help and appearently, didn't find much. The required skills are a lot rarer than the casual coder. I've checked a tutorial for reverse engineering and the skills i definitly lack are patience and accuracy, at least at this level.

No, they are not at Bethesda, they just have jobs. And they were asking for help and appearently, didn't find much. The required skills are a lot rarer than the casual coder. I've checked a tutorial for reverse engineering and the skills i definitly lack are patience and accuracy, at least at this level.

Could you post the tutorial and a link please?.. I'm serious. I want to go over it. 

Could you post the tutorial and a link please?.. I'm serious. I want to go over it. 

That's been a couple of years ago... wouldn't make much difference if you google it yourself.

Funding: the problem isn't a lack of money, the problem is time and that those guys don't want to lose their jobs and their contracts don't allow any other income.

Archived