Wrye Bash does not correctly activate mods [Solved]

I've been using Wrye Bash as my primary mod manager for awhile now, but I recently ran into a problem. When I activate a mod with Wrye Bash, it does not activate in-game. I have to use the default launcher to activate mods after selecting them in Wrye Bash (I have auto-ghost enabled, although disabling it does not seem to make a difference with regards to this behavior.)

After determining the problem, I upgraded to version 307 beta 1, which did not fix the problem.

I do not encounter this issue with Skyrim.

Just tried it, didn't work. I had to download from SourceForge since that version is no longer available from the Nexus. Tried both Installer and Stand Alone versions. (Probably wouldn't matter, but just in case...)

Tried ensuring the data folder is not flagged as Read-Only.

Wrye Bash is running as Administrator.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct version of Python, given that Wrye Bash works correctly with my Skyrim installation. Is it even possible to have 2 version of python installed at the same time?

Is TESMM the one that creates a virtual Data folder? I've got a ton of mods I installed manually, and I'd like to avoid re-installing the whole mess.

Yes, it is possible. Skyrim and Oblivion require different versions of Python for their programs (at least, Blender does).

No, TESMM does not create a virtual data folder. It's the continuation of OBMM. You can still install mods manually with it and it will work with manually installed mods.

• 1 year later...

Just in case this comes up in Google for anyone, I found a workaround. Wrye Bash edits the Plugins.txt in the Oblivion folder, and in the save profile folder, but for whatever reason, the Oblivion Launcher is reading/writing a Plugins.txt in [User]\AppData\Local\Oblivion. That's the one you need to change if you don't want to have to open the Launcher every time you change profiles.

PS. Thanks for the Mod Manager link, fejeena, but I'd tried using a version of that before, and ran into bugs with it. Maybe they got fixed in a later version, but I don't want to have to reinstall my mods again.

I hope you do not talk about the OblivionLauncher.exe. You NEVER use the OblivionLauncher.exe  ! ! !

You start your gane with Oblivion.exe or Steam if you have the Steam version.

If you have the disc version you use obse_loader.exe ( if you use OBSE) or Oblivion.exe.

If you start OblivionLauncher.exe and you have a Modmanager it can mess up your load order and/or settings. Maybe that's the reason why you run into bugs as you used a Mod manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't loading via Oblivion Launcher, but I found I had to use OL's Data Files menu to actually get mods to load if I'd changed which mods were active (switched Profiles to a different character, for example) when I started the game via OBSE Launcher. For whatever reason Wrye Bash writes to a Plugins.txt in the main Oblivion folder, but the OL writes to one in [User]\AppData\Local\Oblivion, and that's the one the game actually reads, OBSE Launcher or not.

I don't know why the game suddenly decided to create/read that one, but it does.

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2017 at 6:32 AM, gregathit said:

Try switching to 295 version of Wrye Bash.  The "new" versions were made for Skyrim and don't work worth a shit for Oblivion.

Is that true? So if I switch to 295 it will work better?

Because I have some problems with bash tags getting skipped because another mod earlier in the load order has the same bash tags (should be the opposite right?) and path grids from mods not loading in.

Which version of 295 should I use? I think I have a 295b in a zip on my computer.