[Renpy] The Princess of Zunuria v0.06(Revised)

serpensoldier

Intro:
Hello, I'm working on an adult Fantasy Ren'Py rpg/visual novel style game called "The Princess of Zunuria". The game will revolve around a sci fi/fantasy battle between good and evil and have an epic story with twists and turns. There will also be a romance element where relationships can develop based on your choices.

Style:
The game will start off with a realistic 3d daz style and then slowly become more anime because of a unique world changing event in the game will occur that will cause the characters to be anime styled (Sometimes, there are 3d daz scenes that appear again that fit within the story.. so there is always something for either the anime or 3d daz style fans..).

Story/Plot:
Hundreds of years in the future in the galaxy of Jin, a new evil has begun to rise on the planet of Zunuria in the form of an Empire known as the Serpen... We begin this story with a group who once worked for the Serpen in their satellite station base, but on a fateful day, their brainwashing has been interrupted and they are able to escape and land on Zunuria. They will embark on a new adventure with dangers, friends, foes and surprises at every turn. The group gets separated, but you will get to control various characters throughout the game to progress the story. However, the story will mostly revolve around an ex Serpen soldier named Zed...as well as an elf girl named Alisya..

Patreon:

patreon.com/serpensoldier
(I will regularly update patrons with preview art for upcoming updates of the game as well as exclusive behind the scenes art. You will also get earliest access to the newest updates of the game.):

So you are putting a paywall behind the actual game, and giving us a censored version.

I wish you well but I will not support this behavior.

Well actually the sex scene is still in the free version, only difference is it's not full nudity. Meh I figured $3 would be cheap enough to see nudity (I've been seeing other patreons charging as much as $10 or $20 to see uncensored versions).

you seen other do this, but they are not supported on this site. read the forum rules no paywalling of content.

Rule nr 12: We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.

Played it opinions in the spoiler

First off I am just one dude, with one opinion. Do not freak out if I have something good or bad to say because I might be the only one who feels this way.

• First off, I am impressed by the art.
  • I'm actually drawn into the story so far. That is a major accomplishment.
  • LOL ok the keep the skimpy outfit on Kat because of the science in it is a little cringy, but I appreciate that you at least have an explanation.
  • Alysia's got a really pretty face, I like that art style, but the naked body proportions seem off to me. Not a big deal, she is an alien after all.
  • Interesting plot idea with the troll commander and somethings off, a mystery is good idea to engage the audience. Please don't tell me it's love... super corny if it is.
  • Game is SUPER short.
  •  No sex scene? You should have one scene early on as a preview of whats to come, but not make it real. Like make the sex part of a dream, like from an unconscious troll...
  • I like how animated the game feels, even if there are no animations. You did a good job creating creating atmosphere.
  • Only major annoyance is that the options are false, One is good, other gets you a game over... That is a false choice.

This seriously has grade A potential. I have very little negatives playing this which is uncommon since I see flaws and plot holes everywhere. You just need more substance.

I wish you well on your project, if you continue with this level of polish and can get enough volume out this will definitely take off.

Thanks. There's not a ton hypnosis/mind control in the story yet (although the main characters did have their memories wiped by the Serpen army so they are suffering from amnesia of sorts). But I will add the game to that forum when I start featuring more mind control.

I just wanted to say this, the story should come first. It's nice if you can slip in peoples preferred fetish's but you shouldn't force an idea. There are things people like that are mutually exclusive so you can never please everyone. Just make sure your vision doesn't get warped when you take in peoples suggestions. I know that is a hard dance, you really need to shape the game to an audience, but not let that audience mutate it.

Let me give an example. Champions of Corruption, a fine game but it suffers from the creator focusing on peoples fetishes. It started with a story but that was quickly abandoned and all development time was shifted into creating specific fetishes of donors. The result was that people who enjoyed that specific fetish loved it but the game as a whole suffered. Fenoxoxo realized this and moved onto a new game where he reduced the audiences voice since it muddled his first game. He still listens but now doesn't let the audience dictate what he does, like he did before.

I'm curious bout something you have a lot of fetishes listed there, some are bound to be squicks, are you planning some on/off switches or will most this stuff end up avoidable by just not taking certain actions in game?

I mean vore, soft or not, could turn away a lot of potential customers for example

I'm curious bout something you have a lot of fetishes listed there, some are bound to be squicks, are you planning some on/off switches or will most this stuff end up avoidable by just not taking certain actions in game?

I mean vore, soft or not, could turn away a lot of potential customers for example

Thanks for pointing that out. I had this note written originally but I took it down for some reason so I added it back:

Note: You will have the option to avoid a lot of fetishes if they are not your preference.

Also, I tend to not be into any "extreme" fetishes or "gross out" fetishes so those won't be in the game. Vore for instance would be very mild (think a character getting trapped in a monster's mouth temporarily, etc.)

thanks for the info :) also 'gross out' means different things to different people, some people have a foot fetish, I find that to be disgusting on a level right next to scat. :P

• 1 year later...

Hello, just wanted to let anyone know who used to follow this game, that I am working on it again (I took a hiatus but now I'm back). Here's the changelog for v.06(Revised):

Poz v.06(Revised) Changelog:

-Added new main menu screen.

-Added new scene selection feature under start new game menu.

-Added option to jump to scene when Zunuria turns anime from start new game menu.

-Added new introduction scene.

-Added planet changing special effect sequence when Zunuria turns to anime style.

-Added a new first scene where Zed and Dasha escape Serpen Base.

-Added new Kat and Henri ejecting scenes.

-Added various Location Loading Screens.

-Rearranged various scenes to create better story buildup.

-Added General Trodo, the troll character as there needed to be a more distinguishable villain.

-Trolan the troll, (Alisya's step brother) meanwhile is now 100% a hero/good guy.

-Cut/changed various lines of dialogue or choice options that seemed unnecessary.

-Added new dialogue and choice options to keep characters more consistent.

-Added a couple new songs.

-Changed the proportions on characters and revised within many images.

Archived