So I followed both SKSE installation processes by Gopher and GamerPoets, Yet when I try to run SKSE from Mod Organizer, TESV runs instead and simply crashes after the cmd prompt. I could use assistance here, been trying to for two days to get it right.

I'm just trying to help the guy, no need to be so rude. I have fallout new vegas and use fomm and wrye flash to manage my mods and just run nvse when I need to. I also have skyrim and use nmm and wrye bash to manage my mods. I also use skse. What is your point?

I'm just trying to help the guy, no need to be so rude. I have fallout new vegas and use fomm and wrye flash to manage my mods and just run nvse when I need to. I also have skyrim and use nmm and wrye bash to manage my mods. I also use skse. What is your point?

I think the point he was making was that MO virtulizes the data directory dependent on your selected mod list profile and that anything which needs to interact with said mod list profile has to be run through MO.

To the Original Poster.

What does your SKSE executable setup in MO look like? i.e. :-

SKSEDump.png

Well you need to run SKSE through MO, otherwise you wont be using MO features at all.

Try to do a clean re-install (delete all previous files, a clean Skyrim install would be a good start, you should have a clean Skyrim folder if you are using MO tho...).

If you are trying to load the SKSE scripts  through MO make sure the folder structure is correct and that the "mod" that contains those scripts its activated (on the left panel of MO thats it).

download the skse zip file and dump the contents into your game directory. Then run skse. MO is just a mod organizer, you only need to run skse.

If you have absolutly no clue, just shut up.

Seriously? I don't care if he doesn't understand how MO works or not, you're a jerk. There was a better way of handling that and you failed horribly. Do yourself and this website a favor and try again. We're not the nexus.

To the op check this out https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2021599-tried-everything-but-skse-mod-organizer-ctd/page-3

I can respect you're willing to help, but if your advice is not only wrong but the exact opposite of helpful although really every single tutorial (like the two he mentioned, or any of the ~20 others) says how to do it, and it's already mentioned that following them IS the solution, i get upset.

Your advice is not an option if you use MO, there is no way this will work. There are times i try to give advice although i don't really know if that's a solution but at least i mention it that i don't know it. If somebody looks for help and you give wrong advice and even sound confident that you're right it's more harmful than saying nothing imo.

I really don't know what to tell somebody who clearly didn't follow the tutorials except try again, if it starts TES5 instead of SKSE there is no doubt that he did something wrong. I don't see the point in writing the 21th guide on this topic if all the others don't help. And imo gophers & gamerpoets videos are the best of them. There is nothing i could say they didn't already mention AND show how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived