New mod creator needs help(custom collision)

Ravejob

Hi i`ve been playing and modding both Skyrim and Fallout games for a while now. These recent years i`ve been doing alot of 3D modeling, Sound design and Programming. Now i have decided to start making some mods and need help with some noob stuff. First of all i have been using 3Ds Max for all my animation and models. I have very basic knowledge of the geck and nifscope, but don`t know how to make custom collision for my models. If anyone can drop by any useful videos or anything that could help me i would appreciate it. I have already been reaserching and trying to do most stuff by my self, but some things are bit hard to learn by playing around with the programs. 

My 3ds max is 2017 version

I don't know anything about creating the collision meshes in 3ds Max, if I recall though it requires an older version of 3ds Max and supposedly the process of adding collision that way was hit or miss. Now you can copy the collision meshes from other vanilla objects and piece them together to fit your custom object, not sure if this works for you.

The pictures in the source are no longer showing, luckily I copied and screenshot the text and images from there

Source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4150400-a-quick-and-probably-bad-tutorial-on-copying-collision-to-new-nifs/

My Mirror:

FO4-Adding-Collision.pdf

I don't know anything about creating the collision meshes in 3ds Max, if I recall though it requires an older version of 3ds Max and supposedly the process of adding collision that way was hit or miss. Now you can copy the collision meshes from other vanilla objects and piece them together to fit your custom object, not sure if this works for you.

The pictures in the source are no longer showing, luckily I copied and screenshot the text and images from there

Source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4150400-a-quick-and-probably-bad-tutorial-on-copying-collision-to-new-nifs/

My Mirror:

attachicon.gifFO4-Adding-Collision.pdf

Wow, Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Mods will be made now :D

Archived