I'm completely lost of the steps to making SLAL work; Help

DkPingus

If there is anyone willing to help with this issue that I genuinely can not rap my head around then please all help is welcome and thank you in advance. Also I apologize for possibly seeming ignorant on not understanding the SLAL or MO but I'm pretty new to the modding scene to begin with.

So this is my first time trying to install new animations to mod organizer and I've been trying to get files without a proper data folder(Like the one here from this thread) into mod organizer with them working in SLAL. I've been searching around for help on the issues on other threads, yet none seem to discuss in depth on how SLAL is actually suppose to work or how you put new animations into the registry with SLAL noticing it's there.

I've read on instructions on SLAL download page but I'm still very confused on whether I should implement the animation files into sexlab folder or the data folder of skyrim(which I prefer to do neither). As well with trying to run SLAL executable but I have no window coming up for it. I've checked with making sure Sexlab is up to date and it is so I'm assuming the issue is me not knowing how to work it what so ever

You're overcomplicating things. Mod managers already install SLAL and its associated packs into the correct folder (Data), so unless you've switched to manual installing, you have no reason to be worrying about folders. If you're doing it manually, you just need to do this:

1. Copy the contents of SLAL into \Data\
  2. Copy the contents of one or more SLAL animation packs into \Data\, making sure that the contents you are copying contain at least a \Meshes\ and \SLAnims\ folder. (if it doesn't, you're copying the wrong folder!)
  3. Run FNIS, so the new animations you copied into \meshes\ get their behaviours generated.
  4. In-game, access SL Anim Loader in MCM, and register the animations from SLAL packs you have installed.

First of all thank you both for letting know about SLAL not really being it's own program outside of skyrim,and I've figured out how to make the animations work by just shifting through files till I found a Data to make those animations be possible. But also realizing that each animation pack from various modders has there own set up so thanks for teaching that to a fresh modder like me :)

Archived