View File

Jexsam's Lore Tattoos

yooo.jpg

DESCRIPTION

A set of twenty six lore-friendly tattoos as Racemenu Overlays.

3.0 Contains:

1. Three Stormcloak-themed tattoos
  • One back
  • One right thigh
  • One pubic

2. Eight Daedric/Conjuration themed tattoos
  • Four chest, including a split version of the Sanguine Rose chest tattoo to allow the flower to be colored differently from the stem!
  • Two pubic
  • One back
  • One right arm

3. Two Imperial-themed tattoos
  • One back
  • One pubic

4. Three Dunmer-themed tattoos
  • One back
  • One thigh
  • One chest

5. One Dark Brotherhood themed tattoo
  • Left shoulder/upper arm

6. Fourteen birthsign-themed tattoos
  • One for each of the thirteen birthsigns
  • An all-in-one combined birthsign tattoo

Individual birthsign locations are identical to those shown on the all-in-one previews.

All are fully colorable and available in 4k and 2k resolution!

All were built and tested on a UNP texture/body. The chest tattoo tends to look better on smaller chests, but it's fine on something 7B-sized too. I can't make any promises at sizes larger than that. They are somewhat compatible with CBBE - original tattoos are tested, 2.0 additions are not.

FUTURE PLANS

If I get struck by inspiration and add more, I'll update this mod, but there are no concrete plans to expand it at this time. It's really hard to account for texture warping when you're basically just slapping png's onto a texture and really time-consuming to tweak them to look okay, so I won't be doing big additions like full torso tattoos or anything, probably just more like is already contained.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an artist.

those are nice. any chance of slavetats versions?

I have no plans for that, no.

Out of curiosity, what's the advantage of a SlaveTats version? RaceMenu offers far more flexibility in customization.

Out of curiosity, what's the advantage of a SlaveTats version? RaceMenu offers far more flexibility in customization.

laziness. it's where all my other tats are. ;)

and here I thought you had an idea to use the magical effect or modevent from slavetats and apply them during a quest. That rose would be nice while you were enslaved to Sam in SD+ or something.

and here I thought you had an idea to use the magical effect or modevent from slavetats and apply them during a quest. That rose would be nice while you were enslaved to Sam in SD+ or something.

oh! well that can totally be done via slavetats! i have two mods that do that very thing! you can add or subtract any number of tats on the run via scripts!

oh! well that can totally be done via slavetats! i have two mods that do that very thing! you can add or subtract any number of tats on the run via scripts!

Well I threw together a json for slavetats just to try it on my own.

I should have taken a shot of that rose on my weight 100 PC... its high enough on her chest it doesn't get mashed by her breast swells like some other chest tats and racemenu overlays do.

jexsams.json

Well I threw together a json for slavetats just to try it on my own.

I should have taken a shot of that rose on my weight 100 PC... its high enough on her chest it doesn't get mashed by her breast swells like some other chest tats and racemenu overlays do.

well, now i need to make a mod where you get a tattoo when you join either of the militaries. ;)

Jexsam, is there any chance for you to make a 2k or 1k version?

I think 4k may be too much for my laptop to handle.

I'll see what I can do! Should be as simple as halving the resolution and repacking them, I think. Might be a day or two depending, though - I work long days and another stretch is starting tomorrow.

Also, I'm editing in a permissions section if I can figure out how on the modpage. My permissions are super lax but I want them to be clear regardless.

These are wonderful. Very few tattoo packs that are actually directly inspired by the lore. Hope to see more from you.

Have you considering doing a series of birthsigns? I've got a new Redguard thief who would look great with a Serpent birthsign tattoo around one of her arms.

Love the looks of these tattoos. Are there any plans to do matching Imperial tattoos to the Stormcloak ones? The closest thing I've seen to them are limited to just the face or butt, and that one on the back looks great.

You're in luck!

Those look great, as do the others added in that update. The glow on the constellations is a nice touch.

Thanks! I thought it made sense to use Racemenu's glow feature with those, but for those who may be new to RaceMenu or Skyrim in general, they do not glow by default!

Those look great, as do the others added in that update. The glow on the constellations is a nice touch.

Thanks! I thought it made sense to use Racemenu's glow feature with those, but for those who may be new to RaceMenu or Skyrim in general, they do not glow by default!

The birthsign / constellation tats would really be useful in Slavetats if there was a mod that would apply one and potentially a magical effect when you changed standing stones. I'll post a json file later as long as that's ok but I don't know if skyrimLL is still working on his Standing Stone fetish system for Stories or not.

Here's the file

You'll need to make a slavetats folder in the "textures\actors\character" folder and copy the "jexams" folder from overlays to it. I'm not sure if slavetats requires the images there but it works the best. This file goes in the slavetats, not jexams folder.

jexsams.json