Need help meddling with facegeom

I am trying to make an NPC overhaul. I am doing it by substituting custom mesh into head nif and renaming these nifshape to the default one so the creation kit can recognized them. The problem I am having now, is switching hair cause CTD. Switching other shape is totally fine. However, once I change the hair, skyrim CTD when I spawn that NPC.

I want to know a way changing the hair without CTD. Thank you.

00013265_nohairchange.NIF

00013265.NIF

You can't do that.

The hair headpart has to be recognised by Slyrim as having come from a recognised master file. Same with brows, for example.

You have two options, re-create the heads in-game with a proper master file (Apachii for example) or ESM-ify your hair ESP and create new headparts in CK to accommodate your hair.

You can try NIF Merge tool, it may work but has same restrictions. You cannot merge HDT hair into non-HDT NIFs, and not all hairs/headparts from exported faces will merge properly.

Archived