Weird addon index bloating problem

vometia

I was wondering if anybody has encountered a problem when using the addon index (FO4Edit terminology, that is) to switch between different models for a particular piece of armour (by which I mean the main outfit like a vault suit or raider leathers or whatevs).

I've found with certain outfits, anything not in the first slot (by position rather than numerical value) looks weirdly bloated as if the muscle and weight sliders had been pushed all the way up.  It looks ugly but also causes functional problems in that it clips into the PipBoy when using menus.  Though admittedly my main gripe is that it looks ugly.

I spent a lot of today trying to home in on the problem using trial and error and I'm reasonably sure it's to do with the slot position though I can't absolutely swear I'm 100% certain.  I do know it's not a problem with the NIFs, which behave themselves perfectly well when used outside of the index system.

Anybody else seen this?  If so, is there a way to avoid it or is it a bug?  Or is it some weirdness that I've managed to discover all by myself?

In theory I like the idea of being able to use the workbench to customise outfits and switch between different NIFs, though in practice ,even without the bugs, the number of bits and pieces and cross-referencing that needs to be done is a bit of a pain in the arse.  I'm slightly loath to back out the stuff I've already added and just go back to totally separate items (not least because in a really misguided effort I merged all the varieties of vault suit into a single item which isn't going to be unpicked easily in a current game) but I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and stop trying to be cleverer than I am.

... and just to answer my own question, I finally found the "no underarmour scaling" flag after a day of searching for the elusive bugger!  So that's that fixed, though I guess there's all the potential for unintended consequences. :D

Archived