Chaurus and chaurus reaper

Hello,

Is there any difference in between them beside side?

I have recently installed http://www.loverslab.com/topic/76713-billyys-slal-animations-2017-7-15/

and it says there animations for normal smaller chaurus and reaper specifically but even if i trigger scene with reaper specifically it will only go with animations for smaller ones (and also uses same alignment setup so it looks all weird).

Is there problem in my setup or is it problem with sexlab not recognizing difference between them?

They're registered under the chaurusreaperrace which was added in MadManGun's MNC SLAL Edition. So you'll need that for them to work, as well as for Dragon Priests.

The chaurus reaper animations will only come up on reapers, and not regular chaurus. However reapers still use regular chaurus animations as well, but that's something Ashal would need to fix on sexlabs end.

therefor you'll need my version of MNC, but there is still a problem with SexLab that needs to be fixed.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4130-more-nasty-critters-slal-edition/

edit: and you may need this for the rescaleing problem http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/?p=1521576

Will it have any conflicts aio working vagina mod? I mean with collisions and etc.

About http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/?p=1521576 i have very little clue what is it about, gotta read throught it more.

If its about rescaling during animations and using objects i have even actor height/potential startup fix in sexlab turned off and im using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?

so scales of actors dont change and i dont have any problems with crashes, at least i think so.

Will it have any conflicts aio working vagina mod? I mean with collisions and etc.

About http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/?p=1521576 i have very little clue what is it about, gotta read throught it more.

If its about rescaling during animations and using objects i have even actor height/potential startup fix in sexlab turned off and im using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?

so scales of actors dont change and i dont have any problems with crashes, at least i think so.

in SLv1.62 "even actor height" stays on even when it should be off, and that can be a problem for most of the bug animations (most of the bugs end up 2x bigger than they should be), the "SetVehicleFixPlugin.zip" will completely disable the SL rescaleing.

for HDT interaction you will need Beast HDT found here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2431-naturalistic-hdt-356-beast-hdt-051/

in SLv1.62 "even actor height" stays on even when it should be off, and that can be a problem for most of the bug animations (most of the bugs end up 2x bigger than they should be), the "SetVehicleFixPlugin.zip" will completely disable the SL rescaleing.

What causes the bugs to get blown out of proportion in animations? It doesn't seem to happen for most other creatures, and I'd like to keep rescaling on as it helps greatly for aligning human animations.

What causes the bugs to get blown out of proportion in animations? It doesn't seem to happen for most other creatures, and I'd like to keep rescaling on as it helps greatly for aligning human animations.

The problem is that most animations are made for Chaurus which have a size of 0.65 or something, and sexlab scales them (like everything else) to 1 which is the reaper size. For spiders it's even worse because no spider has a size of 1 and there are no animations for this size. But those (and foxes i think) are afaik the only creatures where the default size is different than 1, so it works for everything else.

I don't want to turn off the rescaling for the same reasons, for now i've disabled the giant spider animation because sexlab scales them down anyways, and for chaurus there are several animations that are made or at least work with chaurus reapers, that serves as a workaround, too.

Here (the following posts) is MadMansGun explanation that was complete & easy enough for me to get it the first time. Especially that "setscale 1" ingame isn't the same as the "setscale 1" sexlab uses (don't know why, though). That also means you can click the bug in console and type "setscale 1" to scale them down again if you want the animations for normal chaurus.

The problem is that most animations are made for Chaurus which have a size of 0.65 or something, and sexlab scales them (like everything else) to 1 which is the reaper size. For spiders it's even worse because no spider has a size of 1 and there are no animations for this size. But those (and foxes i think) are afaik the only creatures where the default size is different than 1, so it works for everything else.

I don't want to turn off the rescaling for the same reasons, for now i've disabled the giant spider animation because sexlab scales them down anyways, and for chaurus there are several animations that are made or at least work with chaurus reapers, that serves as a workaround, too.

Here (the following posts) is MadMansGun explanation that was complete & easy enough for me to get it the first time. Especially that "setscale 1" ingame isn't the same as the "setscale 1" sexlab uses (don't know why, though). That also means you can click the bug in console and type "setscale 1" to scale them down again if you want the animations for normal chaurus.

Thanks. So is this something I could fix by just setting all the problematic creatures to a size of 1 on CK, if I don't mind them having different sizes than the ones intended by Bethesda? Or would I need to edit the SexLab framework scripts to skip the scaling calls when the animation involves chaurus/spiders/etc?

for HDT interaction you will need Beast HDT found here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2431-naturalistic-hdt-356-beast-hdt-051/

installed MNC 10 and beast hdt got chaurus reaper specific animations and no hdt interactions with creatures :(

reading throught http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2431-naturalistic-hdt-356-beast-hdt-051/ right now but i have absolutely no clue what to do with or how to make it work, isnt there some other way to sort this out because this goes waaaaaaaaay over my head.

Thanks. So is this something I could fix by just setting all the problematic creatures to a size of 1 on CK, if I don't mind them having different sizes than the ones intended by Bethesda? Or would I need to edit the SexLab framework scripts to skip the scaling calls when the animation involves chaurus/spiders/etc?

Unfortunatly i don't have much clue about the technical stuff, that's something MadMan can probably answer. I just repeated what he explained to me. As far as i understood setting them to size 1 in CK would just make all Chaurus the size of reapers, but it wouldn't change that most animations are still for the small. Excluding bugs from sexlab scalement should work imho, but i'm not entirely sure. If you find a fix i'd be glad if you share it, though. ;)

I'm also not sure if Ashal has any plans to change it in future sexlab versions, and maybe let MNC handle the whole issue like MadMan suggested. Ashal said he's finishing a new version and asked if there are any unfixed bugs, that's how the discussion between me and MadMan started. Hopefully there is a new version with a solution, but Ashal didn't say anything about it or a release date.

If you have Anubs animation pack (which is down now), some of them didn't look bad on both sizes, and Billy made some animations explicit for the reaper size, so they should work fine even with sexlab scaling. Not really a solution, but as a workaround... sometimes i just turned off scaling (= the crash fix) before i entered spider/chaurus caves and turned it on again after leaving, but that's quite unsatisfiying too.

Unfortunatly i don't have much clue about the technical stuff, that's something MadMan can probably answer. I just repeated what he explained to me. As far as i understood setting them to size 1 in CK would just make all Chaurus the size of reapers, but it wouldn't change that most animations are still for the small. Excluding bugs from sexlab scalement should work imho, but i'm not entirely sure. If you find a fix i'd be glad if you share it, though. ;)

I'm also not sure if Ashal has any plans to change it in future sexlab versions, and maybe let MNC handle the whole issue like MadMan suggested. Ashal said he's finishing a new version and asked if there are any unfixed bugs, that's how the discussion between me and MadMan started. Hopefully there is a new version with a solution, but Ashal didn't say anything about it or a release date.

If you have Anubs animation pack (which is down now), some of them didn't look bad on both sizes, and Billy made some animations explicit for the reaper size, so they should work fine even with sexlab scaling. Not really a solution, but as a workaround... sometimes i just turned off scaling (= the crash fix) before i entered spider/chaurus caves and turned it on again after leaving, but that's quite unsatisfiying too.

I poked around in SexLab's scripts and it seems like this should have an easy fix. As far as I can tell, the culprit is the content of the IF statement at line 259 of sslActorAlias:

if Thread.ActorCount > 1 && Config.ScaleActors ; FIXME: || IsCreature?
                AnimScale = (1.0 / base)
            endIf

This line shouldn't be applied to creature races with a default height that is not 1.0, regardless of whether scaling is enabled. Going by the commented out ;FIXME: || IsCreature? bit, I assume Ashal is already considering possible solutions here. In any case, I've tested with both the small Chaurus (000A5600) and the Ash hoppers from Dragonborn (which I've also had scaling issues with), and the following modification solves the scaling issue entirely for those two races without breaking it for any others:

if Thread.ActorCount > 1 && Config.ScaleActors && isDefaultHeightRace(ActorRef)
                AnimScale = (1.0 / base)
            endIf

The contents of isDefaultHeightRace are below. Ideally we'd be able to query a race's default height directly to check whether it's 1.0 or not, but unless SKSE adds a function for that, SexLab will need to be hardcoded to know which races have non-1.0 heights, to avoid applying incorrect scaling.

bool Function isDefaultHeightRace(Actor akActor)

If (ashHopperRace == None)
        ashHopperRace = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x1B658, "Dragonborn.esm") as Race
    EndIf

If (chaurusRace == None)
        chaurusRace = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x131eb, "Skyrim.esm") as Race
    EndIf

If ( (akActor.GetRace() == ashHopperRace) || (akActor.GetRace() == chaurusRace) )
        return false
    EndIf

return true

EndFunction

Race ashHopperRace
Race chaurusRace

I'll test with the spiders too when I have some more time, but from what I understand, the principle is the same. The only difference is that there's only sex animations for 2 spider sizes but Skyrim has 3, so there'll still be some alignment mismatch in some cases until that changes.

I'll test with the spiders too when I have some more time, but from what I understand, the principle is the same. The only difference is that there's only sex animations for 2 spider sizes but Skyrim has 3, so there'll still be some alignment mismatch in some cases until that changes.

Aye, spiders are 3 races with only 2 animations. Possibly handle them by MNC would solve this, because there it has aliases for all 3 races or at least they could easily be added and then scale them accordingly.

Didn't think about Ash hoppers, can't even remember them... probably i wasn't sure if the animation is bad aligned in general or if it's a problem of scaling, sometimes it's hard to say. ;)

According to MadMansGun the flying Chaurus Hunters are problematic in any case because the first stages are made for their vanilla size, the last stage for size 1 and there is only one animation. I just thought "that's quite off" and punished my keyboard to align them to something useful. But all in all there aren't that much creatures affected that i'd consider hard coding them would be a problem.

Aye, spiders are 3 races with only 2 animations. Possibly handle them by MNC would solve this, because there it has aliases for all 3 races or at least they could easily be added and then scale them accordingly.

Didn't think about Ash hoppers, can't even remember them... probably i wasn't sure if the animation is bad aligned in general or if it's a problem of scaling, sometimes it's hard to say. ;)

According to MadMansGun the flying Chaurus Hunters are problematic in any case because the first stages are made for their vanilla size, the last stage for size 1 and there is only one animation. I just thought "that's quite off" and punished my keyboard to align them to something useful. But all in all there aren't that much creatures affected that i'd consider hard coding them would be a problem.

MNCv10 is already setup for the 3 (frost) spider races, (and the fox is setup so it can use it's own animations as well...if anyone makes any that is)

the Chaurus Hunter animation in MNC needs to be replaced/updated anyways, so don't let that one animation be a deciding factor for all future Hunter animations.

as far as i'm concerned the Chaurus & Spider races and there animations should be removed from sexlab and then re-added with MNC/SLAL,  but Ashal is the one that needs to remove them from SexLab.....unless there is a mutiny to gain control of SexLab...that was meant to be a joke but it has seriously been over a year since its last update.

MNCv10 is already setup for the 3 (frost) spider races, (and the fox is setup so it can use it's own animations as well...if anyone makes any that is)

the Chaurus Hunter animation in MNC needs to be replaced/updated anyways, so don't let that one animation be a deciding factor for all future Hunter animations.

as far as i'm concerned the Chaurus & Spider races and there animations should be removed from sexlab and then re-added with MNC/SLAL,  but Ashal is the one that needs to remove them from SexLab.....unless there is a mutiny to gain control of SexLab...that was meant to be a joke but it has seriously been over a year since its last update.

I meantioned the fox only to be exact, i think there are one or two animations but they are meant to be played with scaling afaik. I agree about the chaurus hunter, and leave the other questions to people with more knowledge like you. ;)

sslAnimationSlots has a UnregisterAnimation function. Pretty sure you could have MNC listen to the event that's broadcasted when SexLab finishes reseting its animation registry, then drop all the spider animations, so the player can replace them with variants from MNC-SLAL at their discretion. Not exactly the most elegant of solutions, but avoids having modify SexLab framework scripts or waiting for Ashal to get a new version out.

sslAnimationSlots has a UnregisterAnimation function. Pretty sure you could have MNC listen to the event that's broadcasted when SexLab finishes reseting its animation registry, then drop all the spider animations, so the player can replace them with variants from MNC-SLAL at their discretion.

i see 2 problems with that idea:

1. the old animations will still take up extra space in FNIS.

2. you will only Unregister the Animations, but not the races and slots they use.

i see 2 problems with that idea:

1. the old animations will still take up extra space in FNIS.

2. you will only Unregister the Animations, but not the races and slots they use.

1. Well yeah, that's one of the reasons it's not elegant. :P

2. Would that matter? For example, with the chaurus: you already created a custom race slot for reapers. Couldn't you create another for regular chaurus too, and register the small-chaurus animations into that new race slot, instead of the framework one? If I understand correctly, this would make it so only reapers can access the reaper animations, and only the small chaurus can access the others.

2. Would that matter? For example, with the chaurus: you already created a custom race slot for reapers. Couldn't you create another for regular chaurus too, and register the small-chaurus animations into that new race slot, instead of the framework one? If I understand correctly, this would make it so only reapers can access the reaper animations, and only the small chaurus can access the others.

yes, that matters a lot:

the SLAL and all available SLAL Packs would need to be updated as well....

but all that needs to be done in SexLab to fix the problem is to delete some lines in sslCreatureAnimationSlots

ClearRaceKey("Chaurus")

AddRaceID("Chaurus", "ChaurusRace")

AddRaceID("Chaurus", "ChaurusReaperRace")

AddRaceID("Chaurus", "DLC1_BF_ChaurusRace")

ClearRaceKey("LargeSpiders")

AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "FrostbiteSpiderRaceGiant")

AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "FrostbiteSpiderRaceLarge")

AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "_00ChaurusCrawlerRaceGiant")

AddRaceID("LargeSpiders", "_00ChaurusCrawlerRaceLarge")

ClearRaceKey("Wolves")

AddRaceID("Wolves", "WolfRace")

AddRaceID("Wolves", "DLC1DeathHoundCompanionRace")

AddRaceID("Wolves", "DLC1DeathHoundRace")

AddRaceID("Wolves", "_00AspectRace")

AddRaceID("Wolves", "FoxRace")

Archived