Generate FNIS for users

canbrett

Hello, I am very lost.  I don't know how to go about fixing this.  I don't know the correct path it wants and I don't know how to get there.  Thanks in advance.

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<

FNIS Behavior V6.3   7/20/2017 5:39:43 PM

Skyrim: ??.?? - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Generator: C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Data\scripts\FNIS_aa2.pex'.

Hello, I am very lost.  I don't know how to go about fixing this.  I don't know the correct path it wants and I don't know how to get there.  Thanks in advance.

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V6.3   7/20/2017 5:39:43 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Data\scripts\FNIS_aa2.pex'.

In case you didn't know, but it isn't recommended to install Skyrim in the UAC (User Account Control) protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder.

Also, you don't need to install Skyrim in the Steam folder at all and I have Skyrim outside of both UAC and Steam.

So either move Skyrim in Steam and place it outside of the UAC-folder or reinstall Skyrim from scratch.

Another thing about FNIS is that the GenerateFNIS tool is located in the Skyrim\Data\tools folder.

Archived