Bald female npcs??

I don't know how it happend but after I downloaded the UNP nude mod, all female NPCs (except for Lydia) are all bald and have a tan head. I even deleted ALL my mods and it still doesn't help. What did I do and how can i fix it? 

I don't know how it happend but after I downloaded the UNP nude mod, all female NPCs (except for Lydia) are all bald and have a tan head. I even deleted ALL my mods and it still doesn't help. What did I do and how can i fix it? 

attachicon.gif20170719164446_1.jpg

Do you have any npc appearance replacers? This is what happens when those mods can't find their face data files. You also seem to be missing the required hair mod for these npcs. If you deleted your mods, you must have something left in your data folder, or if you're using mod organizer, check the override folder.

The problem can also be that the unp nude mod you downloaded only have body textures, so you will need a matching face texture. But that doesn't explain the missing hair.

Changing npc's during a playthrough can have strange results. What you should do is go to an empty cell, and save. Exit the game and remove ALL of your mods that effect NPC's. Now reload that save and go check. Your npc's should be back to vanilla. If they are, go back to your empty cell and save again. Now you have a clean save, you can reinstall the npc mods you want. If they get bald again, you are missing a file or you have a conflict.

For future reference, you should make it a rule. Sort all your npcs before you start a game, then leave them alone. Even mucking around with their outfits can cause you problems (not terminal problems) down the track.

Changing npc's during a playthrough can have strange results. What you should do is go to an empty cell, and save. Exit the game and remove ALL of your mods that effect NPC's. Now reload that save and go check. Your npc's should be back to vanilla. If they are, go back to your empty cell and save again. Now you have a clean save, you can reinstall the npc mods you want. If they get bald again, you are missing a file or you have a conflict.

For future reference, you should make it a rule. Sort all your npcs before you start a game, then leave them alone. Even mucking around with their outfits can cause you problems (not terminal problems) down the track.

What exactly is an empty cell??? is it just a room with nobody in it??

What exactly is an empty cell??? is it just a room with nobody in it??

So i went into an empty room and then deleted the bijin mods and the npcs are still bald

You should post your load order.

A cell, in this case, is an area that has a loading screen when you enter, like say Belethor's Goods. An empty cell would be something like a cave. A particularly good one is the cellar underneath Anise's Shack (you know that necromancer woman you run into after exiting Bleak Fall's barrow, very start of the game). You can jump straight to the outside of it with COC AnisesCabinExterior01. The idea is to go there, save, exit, remove ALL stuff related to NPC's, (and your char), then load that save (all actors should now be vanilla), check they are vanilla, if they are, go back to the cellar, save again. This is now called a Clean Save. Now you can start modding again :)

Bijin mods are very unlikely to be the cause of your problem. They are extremely well made and completely self-contained. You can drop them on top of almost any mess, and provided you load them last, they will nearly always work perfectly. I am guessing that there are other npc mods in your list, or there were. Do you use MO or NMM or ... /cringe manually install? Could you have deleted meshes and/or textures from the game? You should start a new game with no mods relating to your character or npcs and see if the problem is there too. You should use MO. You should post your load order.

• 2 weeks later...

You should post your load order.

A cell, in this case, is an area that has a loading screen when you enter, like say Belethor's Goods. An empty cell would be something like a cave. A particularly good one is the cellar underneath Anise's Shack (you know that necromancer woman you run into after exiting Bleak Fall's barrow, very start of the game). You can jump straight to the outside of it with COC AnisesCabinExterior01. The idea is to go there, save, exit, remove ALL stuff related to NPC's, (and your char), then load that save (all actors should now be vanilla), check they are vanilla, if they are, go back to the cellar, save again. This is now called a Clean Save. Now you can start modding again :)

Bijin mods are very unlikely to be the cause of your problem. They are extremely well made and completely self-contained. You can drop them on top of almost any mess, and provided you load them last, they will nearly always work perfectly. I am guessing that there are other npc mods in your list, or there were. Do you use MO or NMM or ... /cringe manually install? Could you have deleted meshes and/or textures from the game? You should start a new game with no mods relating to your character or npcs and see if the problem is there too. You should use MO. You should post your load order.

So i did go into coc AnisesCabinExterior01...saved...deleted and removed everything NPC related... and they still remain the same

I use NMM but I now just got Mo.... 

My mod load order is....

0. skyrim.esm

1. update.esm

2.sexlab.esm

3. banditfemale.esp

4.Jh_Companion.esp 

5. TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

6.jh_ELF.esp

8.SGEyebrows.esp

9.SkyUI.esp 

If that is all that is in your load order, you have deleted game files. (you are going to need sg hair and fair skin complexion to run those sidearm npc replacers, just as an aside.) Given that you have so few mods, I would delete the lot. Get a fresh install from steam, put it somwhere that isn't in your program files directory, preferably on a separate HDD. Then go visit with the STEP guys. I will find you a link. Do exactly what they say. EXACTLY. By the end of it you will have a completely stable game that looks like all those screenies you see and say ..." woah .. is that Skyrim, or is that a photo" If you get stuck along the way go visit with Michael at GamerPoets. He will have a guide. I will get you a link for that too.

Then you can come back here, with a game that looks fantastic,(and, more importantly doesn't crash every 2 mins, really, it is hardly going to crash at all), and purge the lore friendly taint STEP has infected it with, and replace it with immersive photorealistic Sloots. :)

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.10.0

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamerpoets

see you in a week or so. :cool:

Reading this again, without SG Hair, and with those 2 NPC replacers that require SG hair, and edit a TON of named and unamed NPC's with hair from SG Hair, that is almost definately the reason your gals are bald. You should still start again. Go to STEP.

If that is all that is in your load order, you have deleted game files. (you are going to need sg hair and fair skin complexion to run those sidearm npc replacers, just as an aside.) Given that you have so few mods, I would delete the lot. Get a fresh install from steam, put it somwhere that isn't in your program files directory, preferably on a separate HDD. Then go visit with the STEP guys. I will find you a link. Do exactly what they say. EXACTLY. By the end of it you will have a completely stable game that looks like all those screenies you see and say ..." woah .. is that Skyrim, or is that a photo" If you get stuck along the way go visit with Michael at GamerPoets. He will have a guide. I will get you a link for that too.

Then you can come back here, with a game that looks fantastic,(and, more importantly doesn't crash every 2 mins, really, it is hardly going to crash at all), and purge the lore friendly taint STEP has infected it with, and replace it with immersive photorealistic Sloots. :)

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.10.0

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamerpoets

see you in a week or so. :cool:

Reading this again, without SG Hair, and with those 2 NPC replacers that require SG hair, and edit a TON of named and unamed NPC's with hair from SG Hair, that is almost definately the reason your gals are bald. You should still start again. Go to STEP.

Stupid questions:

1. should i reinstall the game? 

2. Is STEP just a graphic mod?(how would that help with my problem?)

You should reinstall the game. STEP is everything you need. Mod Organiser, Skse, enb boost, wry bash, tes5edit, cleaning, bashed patch, oh and a ton of graphics. If you are sick of posting "why doesn't .... my game is broke ..... .... ...."  go and do what step says.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.... I looked into step and found the one where it says how to set game back to vanilla...  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Archived