Extend Life Cycles

That's what MCCC lets you do, yes. There's a setting in one of the menus that lets you specifically set how many days a Sim spends as a baby, or a toddler, or a teen, or a young adult, etc..

Buddy16 was telling you exactly what you wanted to know.

you can use MCCC to extend the lifespan https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

Thanks but I'm not talking about the lifespan, I'm talking about the cycles, it is ridiculous that a Sim pass from teenager to adult in only 20 days.   :-/   

if I understand you correctly that's also a feature in MCCC, you can configurate each individual so let's say you don't like toddlers you can choose the time for a toddler to grow to an child and make it 1 day, but you really like the teens give it a go and make them last up to 1000 days (if I read the MCCC description right)

Thanks but I'm not talking about the lifespan, I'm talking about the cycles, it is ridiculous that a Sim pass from teenager to adult in only 20 days.   :-/   

if I understand you correctly that's also a feature in MCCC, you can configurate each individual so let's say you don't like toddlers you can choose the time for a toddler to grow to an child and make it 1 day, but you really like the teens give it a go and make them last up to 1000 days (if I read the MCCC description right)

That's what I want! I have found this also:

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=539246

MCCC is better? 

MCCC is better? 

I personally like MCCC more because you can freely change the days for each cycle , where with the mod you linked it is changed to an specific lifespan.

and another good part of MCCC is that it is frequently updated so the chance that MCCC is the reason for a broken game is almost not existent

and of course MCCC has many different modules if you want to change other things in your game aswell

Hello.

I Wanted to know if there is a method or a Mod to extend the life cycles of the Sims, since even extending its cycle to the maximum  with the Vanilla options of game, still seems very short and unrealistic for me. 

Thanks. 

Theres this one  http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=592832

Thanks!   :)

MCCC is better? 

I personally like MCCC more because you can freely change the days for each cycle , where with the mod you linked it is changed to an specific lifespan.

and another good part of MCCC is that it is frequently updated so the chance that MCCC is the reason for a broken game is almost not existent

and of course MCCC has many different modules if you want to change other things in your game aswell

I'm not an expert girl in technological things, MCCC sounds more complicated for me, is it a kind of Mod Manager? It seems that it has many options! 

I'm not an expert girl in technological things, MCCC sounds more complicated for me, is it a kind of Mod Manager? It seems that it has many options! 

No, it's not a mod manager. It's more like the Sims 4 equivalent of the nraas mods for Sims 3: a set of mods designed to work together that give you a lot of control over how the game works. You install it like any other mod, and then in-game you'll get a new option when clicking on sims, mailboxes, and computers ("MC Command Center") that opens up a bunch of options for you.

It's definitely worth your time to look at; the "documentation" section on the website will give you a good overview of what each module does. It's almost 100% likely that there's something in there that you've wanted in your game.

serpientesmile

It sounds, you are a newbie in Sims 4 and gaming too? Take a look at the normal options of your game.

You can change the lifetime and lifecycles of your sims simply in the normal game options. Without any mod.

Detect the regular technics first and some cheats a bit more before you start with many mods (especially script/core mods).

If you ignore this, the game might crash (eventually complete) and you can not find out the problem...

Do yourself a big favour: READ ALL descriptions VERY DETAILLED BEFORE you use something!

Auema, do you think it is a good idea to describe a S4 mod with a S3 mod? It seems she never had Sims 3.

Auema, do you think it is a good idea to describe a S4 mod with a S3 mod? It seems she never had Sims 3.

I make no assumptions about that either way -- if the reference to the nraas mods makes sense to someone, then great. If not, then the longer explanation immediately following it hopefully will do the trick.

Besides, there's a lot of information on https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com about what MC Command Center does, ranging from short descriptions to full-on documentation, so as long as the basic information (MC Command Center exists, is updated often, does a lot of things that you probably want to do, and you can read about it yourself) is conveyed, that's enough, yeah?

Sorry, I m not really a newbie (S3) but my first crash with S4 was while using MCCC (game is uptodate).

But why should a new member use many mods in the beginning?

Does a newbie need this many informations from the start - just to change the life cycles?

I guess, doing this things step by step is the best in the beginning. Especially if someone is new with the Sims or if English is not the first language.

Many members are not interested to read the infos for their sex mods too... they love to ask later - overwhemling DL threads (like OKW with more than 500 sites....)

Ahm, what I like to do... for this I do not need MCCC but WW and some good cc / animation creations ;-)

Have a nice weekend, dear!

I genuinely don't know why you're trying to have an argument about this -- MC Control Center does exactly what the OP asked for, it lets you set and change the length of each life cycle during play in a very easy, straightforward way.

More to the point, the only other mods suggested in this thread stick you with pre-set lengths for each life cycle and blithely tell you to just "edit the XML" if you want to change them, which is much less new-user-friendly than telling someone to install a very well-known set of mods that is being kept up to date and has a frickin' website that you can go to that explains literally anything you would want to know about it.

I mean, sorry you had a bad experience that you think was caused by MCCC and all, but as mods go, it's really good and bends over backwards to be as easy to install and use as possible.

serpientesmile

It sounds, you are a newbie in Sims 4 and gaming too? Take a look at the normal options of your game.

You can change the lifetime and lifecycles of your sims simply in the normal game options. Without any mod.

Detect the regular technics first and some cheats a bit more before you start with many mods (especially script/core mods).

If you ignore this, the game might crash (eventually complete) and you can not find out the problem...

Do yourself a big favour: READ ALL descriptions VERY DETAILLED BEFORE you use something!

I'm new with The Sims 4, but I'm not new in gaming. It takes me longer than normal I suppose, at first with a new game I'm rather clumsy but in the end I can manage to modify my games to my full satisfaction, like these video series I've made:

The normal options of the game to extend the life cycle seem too short to me, that is why I started this thread.   :)

I only use one script Mod at the moment, it's also the reason why I do not want to get entangled with complex programs as it is apparently the MCCC.

I genuinely don't know why you're trying to have an argument about this -- MC Control Center does exactly what the OP asked for, it lets you set and change the length of each life cycle during play in a very easy, straightforward way.

More to the point, the only other mods suggested in this thread stick you with pre-set lengths for each life cycle and blithely tell you to just "edit the XML" if you want to change them, which is much less new-user-friendly than telling someone to install a very well-known set of mods that is being kept up to date and has a frickin' website that you can go to that explains literally anything you would want to know about it.

I mean, sorry you had a bad experience that you think was caused by MCCC and all, but as mods go, it's really good and bends over backwards to be as easy to install and use as possible.

I never said that I wanted to modify the cycles separately to make smaller ones and bigger ones, I never said that. The only thing I wanted was the cycles to be longer because those of the vanilla game are very short. The pre-set Mods look good to me, and are very easy to install. When I have more experience with the game I will try to use MCCC. 

When I have more experience with the game I will try to use MCCC. 

Fair enough; it's hard to know what you want to mod until you've played the vanilla game a bit, after all. Whenever you do decide to give it a shot, don't be too worried -- there's genuinely nothing complicated about MCCC, it's ridiculously easy to install and use.

When I have more experience with the game I will try to use MCCC. 

Fair enough; it's hard to know what you want to mod until you've played the vanilla game a bit, after all. Whenever you do decide to give it a shot, don't be too worried -- there's genuinely nothing complicated about MCCC, it's ridiculously easy to install and use.

What other interesting options MCCC have?

What other interesting options MCCC have?

There's a lot of quality-of-life improvements -- you can have it do a little bit of story progression for you, making sure the townies have jobs, letting them get married and have kids on their own without you having to play them, having clubs recruit new members as older members die off, having families move into empty homes, clearing out homeless ghosts and orphaned items, etc.. All of which is very useful if you're playing a neighborhood for longer than a single generation.

It also gives you a single, regularly updated source for a lot of tuning adjustments that you'd otherwise be juggling a half-dozen or more separate mods to do, things like adjusting how often alien abductions occur, whether there are monsters under kids' beds, whether sims put books back on shelves, whether various annoying autonomous actions are allowed. And as mentioned earlier, you can set the length of any life cycle separately and change them whenever you like.

It also lets you whitelist/blacklist items of clothing, and quickly adjust what the townies are wearing. You can also tweak what kinds of body types any new sims the game adds will have. It'll let you turn on accidental pregnancy, teen sex/pregnancy, elder pregnancy, adult/teen relationships, and incest, if that's something you want.

There's also a fairly robust cheat module that'll let you add reward points or easily adjust skills or career levels, set relationship levels (and even whether sims are related to each other), which can be handy if you're trying to populate an otherwise empty neighborhood like Newcrest from scratch.

Archived