Fallout 3 / Fallout NV Vehicle Resource

View File

This is a resource, NOT a direct replacer. Some skill with GECK is required to get these meshes ingame. I believe I had to raise the vehicle heights in Blender so the rims and tires wouldn't clip into the ground, but seeing as I haven't played Fallout in over five years I'm not sure...

Back in early 2012 my house was burglarized and my computer among many other things was stolen. Last week Metro called to inform me that they'd found several of my items including an external 1TB SSD drive that at the time cost me a small fortune. Being more than five years old it's now just a run of the mill drive but a TB is a TB so I tied it into my system. Much to my surprise all my files were still on it.

A couple of the meshes may have originally been other authors work. If I remember correctly, the boxtrucks and the halftrack were mashups I did in Blender. I don't know who the original authors are anymore. I do recall that I stretched the police car mesh model, remodeled a gas station to have gas pumps (or maybe it was some type of fusion pump), remade the bus, (one with skeletons inside one without), made a flatbed semi trailer model and a flatbed boxcar model, added doors to both types of the mobile home trailers (without collision), and made a new model of the frontloader with a raised bucket, other than that most vehicles now have multiple damage options, multiple texture options, side mirrors, glass, fusion type engines, rims, tires, seats, steering wheels, and the occasional skeleton inside. I also remade some of the blown up versions of them.

If it's a static object, with no collision mesh, I doubt it. In GECK you can adjust the height of the objects once placed in a cell. If it's a moveable object, then yeah more than likely you have added a collision mesh so that it wouldn't fall through the ground.

Can this be used for XRE cars, I play with a controller so I cant play XRE but others might.

These meshes were designed as G.E.C.K. add-ons and replacements for the static vehicles in the game, none of them are drivable though some can be set up in G.E.C.K. to blow up if damaged enough.

Mostly I made them because I couldn't believe that every car in the Fallout universe had been abandoned, had their side mirrors broken off, engines stolen, and every rim/tire taken off with the exception of one rim on the police car.

I also changed the deformation of most of them so they didn't look like every car had been beaten with a sledge hammer for the last 200 years - seemed to me that Bethesda spent about 20 minutes total in the design and maybe another 30 in the creation of all the vehicles in the game.