n00b attempt to bend skyrim to my will [outfit changes]

Corsayr

Ok so here is my thing

I have downloaded the Elysium CBBE Bodyslide HDT zap files poisted by Gabo0003 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3292-elysium-cbbe-bodyslide-hdt-zap/

and it works fine.... however what I wanted was just the skirt and I wanted it in slot 52 not slot 32

So this is what I have done

In outfit studio I opened the project 

post-1117368-0-60120200-1500147516_thumb.jpg

Removed all the parts I didn't want including the body (the item I use in slot 32 has a body already)

post-1117368-0-72902600-1500147522_thumb.jpg

Then updated the partition from 32 to 52 for all the remaining parts.

post-1117368-0-93844800-1500147527_thumb.jpg

Saved the project and built the outfit in bodyslide creating the NIF 0  and NIF 1 files. 

I then went into creation kit and altered the armor in there to reflect the new slot as well as altered its stats to reflect the proper armor values. I then altered its recipe for creation and tempering.

nuts and bots wise everything worked. The item is craftable at a forge for the right materials it has the correct stats and shows the right body slots. 

However when I put it on, it is inviable.... 

What did I do wrong? 

Slot mismatch. I'd check the output mesh in NifSkope and the slot in CK or TESVEdit.

How do I check output mesh slot in nifskope?

CK and TESVEdit both show slot 52 which is what I changed it to in outfit studio

Just to add to all this for info purposes, I am running Devious Devices so I guess anything in the 49 slot is going to be problematic which is why I am trying to use 52.

When changing an items slot, the slot needs to be changed in two places: the plugin (.esp) via CK or TES5Edit, and the mesh (.nif) via Nifskope.
If you've changed it to 52 in the CK, then you must do the same to the mesh with Nifskope. Like this:

1.) Load mesh in Nifskope
2.) Expand the NitriShapeData and highlight BSDismemberSkinInstance
3.) In the Block Details window down below, at the bottom of the list, expand 'Partitions'

Here you'll see 'Body Part' and slot assigned.
Double click the value to change slot (dropdown arrow on right side of value field).

Have a look here for further details. I hope this helps. ~Skreed

When changing an items slot, the slot needs to be changed in two places: the plugin (.esp) via CK or TES5Edit, and the mesh (.nif) via Nifskope.

If you've changed it to 52 in the CK, then you must do the same to the mesh with Nifskope. Like this:

1.) Load mesh in Nifskope

2.) Expand the NitriShapeData and highlight BSDismemberSkinInstance

3.) In the Block Details window down below, at the bottom of the list, expand 'Partitions'

Here you'll see 'Body Part' and slot assigned.

Double click the value to change slot (dropdown arrow on right side of value field).

Have a look here for further details. I hope this helps. ~Skreed

Thank you

sadly that is not the problem though. all of those are set to the correct body slot (this appears to be the same setting changed on the partition tab in outfit studio) 

Also as you run devious devices check the device hider option

Did you do the changes to the nifs from the bodyslide files themselves, as there are nif files for the outfits there or did you change them from the oringinal files, if you changed the original files then the bodyslide created files will use the slots assigned in their nifs,

CalienteTools\Bodyslide\Shapedata\<mod name here>

there should be nif files for the armour pieces there, those are the ones to change to make the bodyslide version do what you want.

If you are not sure then when you build the outfit in bodyslide hold down the alt key and while holding it down press batch build, then only select the armour you want to check out, it should then ask where you want to build, just build on your desktop then check the slot assignment in nifskope, chances are those are still pointing to the old slot assignments.

I did it myself it works:

ELYSIUM ARMOR.7z (you may only want the ESP for the record changes because its conformed to my body)

It wasn't working for probably a couple of reasons

1.) You didn't change every object in the armor too biped slot 52

2.) You didn't change both records in the CK to slot 52

- ElysiumArmor  (RECORD 1)

- ElysiumArmorAA  (RECORD 2)

3.) You didn't change the biped slot for both 0 and 1 weight of the armor.

I did it myself it works:

attachicon.gifELYSIUM ARMOR.7z (you may only want the ESP for the record changes because its conformed to my body)

It wasn't working for probably a couple of reasons

1.) You didn't change every object in the armor too biped slot 52

2.) You didn't change both records in the CK to slot 52

- ElysiumArmor  (RECORD 1)

- ElysiumArmorAA  (RECORD 2)

3.) You didn't change the biped slot for both 0 and 1 weight of the armor.

Step 2 was the answer. You are awesome!

I didn't even know there was  a second record under armor add on

post-1117368-0-55216200-1500550886_thumb.jpg

post-1117368-0-06910200-1500551091_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone for your help on this, I have learned new stuff that is good!

Archived