Loading the correcting .NIF files

RPZ

Hey all,

started modding fnv thinking it would be a lot like skyrim. Unpacked all of the data files so i could get at some of the NIFs and change them, but I'm not seeing the effects in game. I noticed that I if I delete the directory ../Fallout New Vegas/Data/Meshes my game will still load fine and everything looks vanilla. I'm guessing it's pulling that information from ../Fallout New Vegas/Data/Fallout - Meshes.bsa. Is there a way to get the game to point at the NIF files that i've extracted?

Appreciate any input on the matter.

The meshes folder itself is for overwrites or new files. Did you place your edited .nif files directly into the data folder?, or did you place them into their correct folder structure?

Example meshes --> vehicles --> wreckage --> carstack04.nif? doing that should make it load the new nif instead of what's in the bsa.

Archived