RimJobWorld [RJW]

semigimp

Okay I've let it run for a few in-game hours and nothing seems to break. Colonists leave their cloths on at all times and nothing evaporates. Animals still get pregnant and give birth to their respective species (which is not surprising since I didn't change anything even remotely related to that).

Just to make this clear: There's no button to make them stop stripping, they just won't do it anymore when you use this .dll.

Drop it into the RJW's Assemblies folder and overwrite when asked. If something does break, tell me and maybe I can fix things. Maybe.

attachicon.gifRJW.rar

Could you please tell me which source files are edited? I'm trying to fix some bugs on my own branch of RJW: https://github.com/nizhuan-jjr/RJW/

If it's possible, please come to my branch and let's make some fixes together.

I'd recommend making your own thread if you decide to dedicate yourself a bit to it. Until then, please post updates here! I look forward to seeing what you do.

Okay I've let it run for a few in-game hours and nothing seems to break. Colonists leave their cloths on at all times and nothing evaporates. Animals still get pregnant and give birth to their respective species (which is not surprising since I didn't change anything even remotely related to that).

Just to make this clear: There's no button to make them stop stripping, they just won't do it anymore when you use this .dll.

Drop it into the RJW's Assemblies folder and overwrite when asked. If something does break, tell me and maybe I can fix things. Maybe.

attachicon.gifRJW.rar

Could you please tell me which source files are edited? I'm trying to fix some bugs on my own branch of RJW: https://github.com/nizhuan-jjr/RJW/

I'd recommend making your own thread if you decide to dedicate yourself a bit to it. Until then, please post updates here! I look forward to seeing what you do.

I want to fix some problems, but I'm using g0ring's .dll file and wanna check what he did to the source files in order to get rid of the missing apparels bug. I want to incorporate his deeds and save some time for me, you know.

EDIT:All right, I think I kinda figure out how to get rid of dropping clothes issues. Now it's time to do more...

Okay, I'm back, sorry for not answering anybody.

Hmm... having very basic problems and I can't figure out what's wrong. 

I can't seem to get this thing to load at all - tons of red error messages and it won't generate the world.

All I've got for mods are:
Core
HugsLib
Rimjobworld
ModListBackup

Here's my error log:  https://gist.github.com/8313dde7ea837746c2544d8115a7b995

I downloaded the latest version (RJW_A17_v1_4_4)  and used g0ring's fixed RJW.dll file

Halp? :s

Sounds like your missing the .dll from RJW.
Some antivirus softwares (Norton would be an example for that) remove these files because they "don't know" them and treat them as malware. Try reinstalling RJW with either your antivirus off or whitelist the dll in your AV software (located at RJW/Assemblies/RJW.dll).
If it's not that, tell me and I'll take a closer look at it.

I suppose no one figured out how to re-enable animal comfort prisoner rape?

Well it works for me. Blah blah blah.
I think he means animals raping prisoners.
Does not happen anymore.

Ohh that's right. I misunderstood that.

Yea, no there's a bug somewhere that makes the JobGiver fail for animals targeting a prisoner. I suppose someone will fix it eventually. One day. Maybe.

@jjro

I'm not that experienced with c# (I'm an E-Commers Webdeveloper after all) but I suppose I could take a look at it from time to time. I will not work on this on a daily basis but whenever I got time and am (exceptionally) bored I'll see what's left to do.

As for my edits: Maybe you've already found them but I simply searched all JobDrivers for "apparel" and commented out every piece of code that drops the cloths of the attacker.
As I've mentioned: This is a bad edit - a workaround, rather - and the cause of the disappearing apparel should be found instead. Maybe we should add an option to the settings where users can choose wether pawns remove their clothing. Or just their pants for immersions sake.

Been getting a weird exception from the random rape mechanic:

Exception in rjw.ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_RandomRape TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at rjw.xxx.would_fuck (Verse.Pawn fucker, Verse.Pawn p, Boolean invert_opinion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at rjw.JobGiver_RandomRape.find_victim (Verse.Pawn rapist, Verse.Map m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at rjw.JobGiver_RandomRape.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Verse.Log:Error(String)

Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)

Verse.AI.ThinkNode_ChancePerHour:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)

RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)

Verse.AI.ThinkNode_SubtreesByTag:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)

Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)

Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()

Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)

Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()

Verse.Pawn:Tick()

Verse.TickList:Tick()

Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()

Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()

Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()

Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Any ideas?

-BB

Been getting a weird exception from the random rape mechanic:

Exception in rjw.ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_RandomRape TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at rjw.xxx.would_fuck (Verse.Pawn fucker, Verse.Pawn p, Boolean invert_opinion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at rjw.JobGiver_RandomRape.find_victim (Verse.Pawn rapist, Verse.Map m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at rjw.JobGiver_RandomRape.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any ideas?

-BB

Can't tell what's going on from this alone. I'd need a mod load order, an error log and, if possible, steps to reproduce.

This could happen when an animal tries to attack a prisoner. Try having all your animals in a secluded area where they can't access any prisoners for a while and see if it stops. If it does: That's your fix for now :angel:

attachicon.gifRJW.rar

I want to fix some problems, but I'm using g0ring's .dll file and wanna check what he did to the source files in order to get rid of the missing apparels bug. I want to incorporate his deeds and save some time for me, you know.

EDIT:All right, I think I kinda figure out how to get rid of dropping clothes issues. Now it's time to do more...

What dropping clothes issue? If you mean for victims of comfort rape it didn't fix it for me. I'm assuming you don't need to start a new colony to apply your fix, of course.

EDIT: Pointer for everyone that has their clothes 'disappear'. RJW makes the rapist store their clothing in their inventory and occasionally for some reason they decide not to put it on. I just realize that unlike me, some people might not have noticed this and assumed the clothes were vanishing. If a rapist ends up naked, check their gear. Their clothing might just have gotten stuck in their backpack.

attachicon.gifRJW.rar

What dropping clothes issue? If you mean for victims of comfort rape it didn't fix it for me. I'm assuming you don't need to start a new colony to apply your fix, of course.

EDIT: Pointer for everyone that has their clothes 'disappear'. RJW makes the rapist store their clothing in their inventory and occasionally for some reason they decide not to put it on. I just realize that unlike me, some people might not have noticed this and assumed the clothes were vanishing. If a rapist ends up naked, check their gear. Their clothing might just have gotten stuck in their backpack.

Personally, I don't like the mechanism to change clothes, because most of my pawns have some forced-worn clothes. The mechanism would somehow remove the "forced-worn" tag, which would lead to pawns finding other clothes to wear on.

Also, interruptions during sex or rape could lead to evaporation of clothes, according to my fellow testers...

Furthermore, some environments are too harsh to take off clothes.

As a result, I'll go "no dropping clothes" route, which is also a simpler way, unless I contrive a perfect way.

As I said, this fix was only meant for colonists, not for prisoners. I believe jjro also removed the code for victims in his branch.

I noticed that they put their cloths into their inventory but I haven't done any testing regarding that.

What if they wear load bearing gear that lets them to carry 50 kilos worth of rice. Then they try to remove that gear and also force it into their inventory.

Since there's no code that handles a pawns full inventory, the game might just delete stuff. Don't know for sure though.

Also @jjro.

The clothing is stored in a list that only gets evaluted when a pawn finishes the job, right? What happens when the pawn gets interrupted? Maybe thats one reason for clothing to vanish, because the list will just get overridden next time a colonist is stripped and the stored cloths get sent to the aether.

Someone should test this: Wait until a pawn is stripped and then draft it. If the clothing vanishes, we might have found at least one reason.

Can't tell what's going on from this alone. I'd need a mod load order, an error log and, if possible, steps to reproduce.

This could happen when an animal tries to attack a prisoner. Try having all your animals in a secluded area where they can't access any prisoners for a while and see if it stops. If it does: That's your fix for now :angel:

It's something to do with restriction zones. I need to test it out more, but my bet is that a random target is outside of the pawns allowed zone when the error is thrown. It's an odd-ball one for sure... I've got another colony with the same mod pack not throwing the errors.

As a side note, my wish list for problem fixes.

1. Get the integration with C&P pregnancy mechanic working again ( you know, the whole body vs torso thing ). The RJW birthing process ( if you could call it that ) is laughable. Plus side is the contraceptives from C&P will work again.

2. Handle off map births. If a pawn is sold, or released while pregnant, when it comes time to give birth the console is flooded with errors. Several a second. Suggest just clearing out that hediff if the pawn is not on the map as an easy solution. You can dig through the save and shitcan any preg hediff with a severity over 1 to clear out the errors.

3. Make stripping a mod option setting for both attacker and target.

4. Get the CP animal interaction working again.

Anyway, it's a fun mod & I hope it continues to get the love it deserves.

-BB

As I said, this fix was only meant for colonists, not for prisoners. I believe jjro also removed the code for victims in his branch.

I noticed that they put their cloths into their inventory but I haven't done any testing regarding that.

What if they wear load bearing gear that lets them to carry 50 kilos worth of rice. Then they try to remove that gear and also force it into their inventory.

Since there's no code that handles a pawns full inventory, the game might just delete stuff. Don't know for sure though.

Also @jjro.

The clothing is stored in a list that only gets evaluted when a pawn finishes the job, right? What happens when the pawn gets interrupted? Maybe thats one reason for clothing to vanish, because the list will just get overridden next time a colonist is stripped and the stored cloths get sent to the aether.

Someone should test this: Wait until a pawn is stripped and then draft it. If the clothing vanishes, we might have found at least one reason.

I haven't tried the whole issue with load-bearing equipment suddenly going into the inventory and causing some odd bug but I did test constantly drafting when rape is occurring. Very rarely there was a case of the clothing getting stuck in the inventory, which further makes me think that people were interpreting that as equipment vanishing because they forgot to check the inventory. I might be wrong, as I haven't tried the possibility of them having worn said load-bearing equipment.

But never the less, just making rapists and victims not stripping is probably a good enough fix for now. Mostly because even assuming that clothes don't actually disappear there's the issue that Jiro did bring up on how it removes the forced wear tag.

Also @jjro.

That makes sense. I may have some tests on that, though I only left the pawns get raped as a potential test case for vanishing clothes. 

I haven't tried the whole issue with load-bearing equipment suddenly going into the inventory and causing some odd bug but I did test constantly drafting when rape is occurring. Very rarely there was a case of the clothing getting stuck in the inventory, which further makes me think that people were interpreting that as equipment vanishing because they forgot to check the inventory. I might be wrong, as I haven't tried the possibility of them having worn said load-bearing equipment.

But never the less, just making rapists and victims not stripping is probably a good enough fix for now. Mostly because even assuming that clothes don't actually disappear there's the issue that Jiro did bring up on how it removes the forced wear tag.

Well they have vanished for sure for me.

Sometimes they just got stuck in the inventory but at some point they were just gone. I don't have time to further test this right now but maybe next weekend I'll take a look at it again.

Just to close the loop. You were pretty close to the problem. It was a bot mod, specifically the mining robots mod. The game treats them similar to other pawns, but not fully. So the array problems were caused when the bots got picked up as a target for RR events. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

-BB

Okay, I'm back, sorry for not answering anybody.

Hmm... having very basic problems and I can't figure out what's wrong. 

I can't seem to get this thing to load at all - tons of red error messages and it won't generate the world.

All I've got for mods are:

Core

HugsLib

Rimjobworld

ModListBackup

Here's my error log:  https://gist.github.com/8313dde7ea837746c2544d8115a7b995

I downloaded the latest version (RJW_A17_v1_4_4)  and used g0ring's fixed RJW.dll file

Halp? :s

Sounds like your missing the .dll from RJW.

Some antivirus softwares (Norton would be an example for that) remove these files because they "don't know" them and treat them as malware. Try reinstalling RJW with either your antivirus off or whitelist the dll in your AV software (located at RJW/Assemblies/RJW.dll).

If it's not that, tell me and I'll take a closer look at it.

Hmm, okay, I gave that a shot. I disabled both the firewall and the auto-protect bits on Norton, re-downloaded and installed the fixed .dll file into the RJW/Assemblies folder, then whitelisted the .dll, and re-enabled the firewall and auto-protect, restarted the machine, and I'm still getting the errors. *growls at machine*

Right now all I have loading in the mods section are:

Core

HugsLib

Miscellaneous Core

EdB Prepare Carefully

Rimjobworld

Mod List Backup

The error log is here.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Hmm, okay, I gave that a shot. I disabled both the firewall and the auto-protect bits on Norton, re-downloaded and installed the fixed .dll file into the RJW/Assemblies folder, then whitelisted the .dll, and re-enabled the firewall and auto-protect, restarted the machine, and I'm still getting the errors. *growls at machine*

Right now all I have loading in the mods section are:

Core

HugsLib

Miscellaneous Core

EdB Prepare Carefully

Rimjobworld

Mod List Backup

The error log is here.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Could you look at the RJW archive (the .7z file you downloaded from here OR the cloned branch from github) and compare the files in there (without extracting them) with the files in your mod folder and see whether all files are there. I'm not that familiar with C# and RimWorld but it just seems like some files are either missing or at the wrong place.

is this save friendly? can i remove/add it into running games?

Can't say for sure about adding it but you can't remove it from your save file without some heavy save-editing as it adds body parts to each and every pawn that ever existed.

Good Afternoon Ladies and gentlemen, I've finally messed around enough to get some results, the following version, assuming I upload it correctly, fixes animals being able to rape (the booloian for brawler was causing issues in xxx. swapped out for an older version), fixes the bug where masochists got the social debuff towards others letting them be raped (simple fix, just needed another AND check for applying the debuff, in xxx.), comfort prisoner colonists who aren't prisoner can rape others, and commented out all instances of stripping. I think that's all the changes I made.

Planning to take another pass at making it so herms can impregnate women, and make customization options to reinitialize clothes stripping, will be making this modular so people can choose if people strip or if prisoners are stripped.

Oh, and I need to fix double pregnancies at some point too, got some ideas how it may be happening but need to test before I can try and hack a fix.

Good Afternoon Ladies and gentlemen, I've finally messed around enough to get some results, the following version, assuming I upload it correctly, fixes animals being able to rape (the booloian for brawler was causing issues in xxx. swapped out for an older version), fixes the bug where masochists got the social debuff towards others letting them be raped (simple fix, just needed another AND check for applying the debuff, in xxx.), comfort prisoner colonists who aren't prisoner can rape others, and commented out all instances of stripping. I think that's all the changes I made.

Planning to take another pass at making it so herms can impregnate women, and make customization options to reinitialize clothes stripping, will be making this modular so people can choose if people strip or if prisoners are stripped.

You, sir (or madam), are the hero we needed. Any thoughts on expanding the mod after bugs are fixed and options are added? 

EDIT: One issue I'd like to report is my pawns seem to not have clothes popping up on them. This is the error: 

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorldChildren.Children_Drawing.ModifyChildBodyType (Verse.Pawn) <0x00010>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGraphicSet.ResolveApparelGraphics_Patch2 (object) <0x000ae>
at RimWorld.Pawn_ApparelTracker.<ApparelChanged>m__348 () <0x0002a>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () <0x00069>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

EDIT: Deleting the Rimchildren dll from the assemblies seem to have fixed my save. I assume Rimchildren is built into the mod?

So what does this need other than hugslib? I've seen mention of C&P in the other discussion thread, but I've also seen people post load orders that don't include it, so I don't know if this has its own pregnancy mechanics or what?

It has its own pregnancy mechanic. I think you might need C&P for colonists to properly give birth however. I do hope it gets compatibility with C&P again soon as the RJW's pregnancy mechanic is just use animal mechanics on humans.

So what does this need other than hugslib? I've seen mention of C&P in the other discussion thread, but I've also seen people post load orders that don't include it, so I don't know if this has its own pregnancy mechanics or what?

It has its own pregnancy mechanic. I think you might need C&P for colonists to properly give birth however. I do hope it gets compatibility with C&P again soon as the RJW's pregnancy mechanic is just use animal mechanics on humans.

Ah, not compatible? That sucks :/

Does clarifies things for me though, heh... just this and hugslib for now, then

Ah, not compatible? That sucks :/

Does clarifies things for me though, heh... just this and hugslib for now, then

It's partially compatible. The kids that pop up are generated by C&P but the pregnancy mechanics are the default Rimworld ones. Along with that I think there might be a bug with the children's backstory (although that might just be if you low RJW before C&P). As far as I'm aware, new kids should just have the 'Child' backstory while all the kids I've gotten have random backstories - which is odd to say the least.

So pregnancy (and possibly) generation backstory doesn't work but the actual kids work just like in C&P.

EDIT: Don't use C&P with the most recent mod. It seems to maybe have it already built in, all I know is it breaks the game (for me) if the most recent update is run along side it.

Oh, and I need to fix double pregnancies at some point too, got some ideas how it may be happening but need to test before I can try and hack a fix.

You are a hero among men.....

Any ETA on the working herm?

Archived