Help with Playable Follower Race

Apahguinsimo

Hi, I've been trying to convert a certain follower's race into a playable form. I have run into problems I've never seen before. First, the player character has no body, hands, or feet and instead has a horrifying burnt skin look. After some Googling it seems this is caused by not having Morph Race or Armor Race set, but it is set. Due to the lack of a body, armor sort of sticks to the player body and never comes off unless the game is restarted. Hair is "sticky" in the same way and also resets color every time I load a save. I'm mystified on what to do here.

I'm looking for some help with making this race playable. I tried to start from scratch and make a playable race from scratch, but hit an impasse because the Nexus guide for custom races is missing some important details around the armor addons section. And then the Creation Kit crashed, deleting all my progress. 

Any ideas on how to turned this race into a playable form would be forever appreciated.

Hey. Looking over your image some things seem clear. The feet are loading for sure, so it's only a matter of fixing texture paths or texture sets. Hands might be something a bit more complicated and might be entirely invisible even if the textures are set properly. And as for the burnt skin, long story short the game is loading up Astrid's burnt body textures, something it does when things aren't set up right.

Can't promise much, but I've recently been doing a lot of messing around with CK and nifskope to get some armors working, and at least some of those issues seem workable at a glance. So if you want upload that whole thing and I'll look it over, if things check out I'll see if there's a way I can explain what you have to do.

If you'd rather not upload it for personal reasons, though, then I advise you to take any race that uses special textures (something like Lunari or Ningheim would work) and see how things are set up for them in the CK. Follow the trail and check out how the whole process works for setting up naked body textures, everything from body skin "armors" to armor addons to texture sets. As long as you set up everything in the same way for your race then it should work out just fine.

I'll say it right now though, I have no idea what to do about that hair.

Whew, I thank you for this offer but I managed to solve (hopefully) everything. The burnt skin was caused by the Skin field under Character>Race>my custom race>Body Data tab being set to NONE. I changed it to SkinNaked and it fixed both the skin and the wild hair. After that I ran into some tinting problems which were caused by bad texture paths that pointed to nonexistent files. So I think all is in order now, but I thank you for this reply nonetheless.

Archived