What is the best collection of mods to have for CK2?

sandberg77

There unfortunately isn't all that much to choose from, as most of the mods are out of date and not compatible with the latest version of CK2, or the latest version of Dark World.

Right now you probably would just go with Dark World and maybe Christianity mod if that's your thing (it's really good), as I don't even know how broken the others are right now.

I thought that might be the case. I seem to be doing alright dark world, toska, expanded slavery, turtle's extra traits, bigger events and the kings of slaves mod. Though, I can't tell yet if slavery is working properly. I might try Christianity if it'll work.

Well, if you are asking for more vanilla mods, I seem to recall on the most recent version booting up both CK2+ and Dark World: Reborn simultaneously without a problem, and then managing to get Dark World: Reborn, a few submods, and a full Historic Immersion Project mod install working simultaneously as well.  The latter does not work out of the box like the former does and took a few tweaks to get working.  Can't remember what precisely I had done, but it is really late here, so I may be able to remember in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been messing around with CK2+ with Dark World: Reborn v1.54, along with all the other recommended DW mods on the page.  (minus Beyond Heresy)

Noxbestia v0.0.3.3.1 alpha

common/minor_titles - purge the minor titles.  

common/laws - purge everything

common/religions - purge christ_religions

common/traits

option1: purge 00_traits, 02_traits, VIET traits

option2: manually replace CK2+ trait files with Noxbestia traits, purge 00_traits, 02_traits and remove conflicting traits from VIET files

Mercenary Commander v1.34a

common/laws - purge (redhand.1001 event should do the job already?)

common/mercenaries - copy pasta red_hand_composition(found at bottom to CK2+ version of 00_mercenaries)

(Would it work in a separate file?)

CK2+

You are gonna have to deal with the checksum.

Right now though, there is a problem with portraits.  Missing graphics, naked people, floating heads, floating clothes and/or a combination of the listed. 

Anyone know what area I need to purge/modify to fix that?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there

I am also playing with Ck2+ but little bit different setup

DWToska -> still not sure if everything running ok but at least dont crash.
Deleted all references to LLO Society

Mercenary Commander
Make the same adjustments as Geron

Dark World Reborn
Disabled Kidnap decision because not needed (We have one from Ck2Plus)

Milk
This is little bit longer...
1) Remove trait jungfra A ) Delete ALL events releated to assingment of this trait   (Whore event file)
                                     B ) In rest of the events replace jungfrau with virgin (from DW Reborn)  (Whore event file)
2) Remove original Brothel building
3) Disable/Remove whoring decision => If you wanna keep it replace Brothel reference for DW Reborn ones (So you dont have 2 different Brothels)

I am going to take a look at Beast lover and few other smaller mods...

Hello there

I am also playing with Ck2+ but little bit different setup

DWToska -> still not sure if everything running ok but at least dont crash.

Deleted all references to LLO Society

Mercenary Commander

Make the same adjustments as Geron

Dark World Reborn

Disabled Kidnap decision because not needed (We have one from Ck2Plus)

Milk

This is little bit longer...

1) Remove trait jungfra A ) Delete ALL events releated to assingment of this trait   (Whore event file)

B ) In rest of the events replace jungfrau with virgin (from DW Reborn)  (Whore event file)

2) Remove original Brothel building

3) Disable/Remove whoring decision => If you wanna keep it replace Brothel reference for DW Reborn ones (So you dont have 2 different Brothels)

I am going to take a look at Beast lover and few other smaller mods...

Hello, im new to the self-modding scene, so sorry if this seems really basic - can you guide me on what to remove from DWToska to make it playable?

Thanks

Hello, im new to the self-modding scene, so sorry if this seems really basic - can you guide me on what to remove from DWToska to make it playable?

Thanks

First, what DLC do you have?   It is typical that the newer DLC crashes the mods and i have not had any issues with DW Troska, but I don't have Monks and Mystics nor the other poorly rated mod (the one that basically makes every one of your vassals hate you and attempt to overthrow you according to reviews).   What is needed is some sort of LOOT or TSSEdit tool that could "check" for conflicts within your mod set up.  

However, when troubleshooting, always remember to check out the logs generated on each start up.  Unfortunately, they will not necessarily tell you which error is the fatal flaw that caused  a CTD.   These logs are typically located in  the "my Documents  under \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs

Archived