KWSV Help Needed

What a roller coaster. Called it finished for this rev mid-day Sunday and spent the next several hours installing into fresh route-fixed and standard version saves.
Late night was riding high - net connection seems all good. Power had been stable on the net computer for 12 continuous hours. The saves were ready to be packed and uploaded. Feeling fine.
But, wait... what's this? That's odd. Why is the route-fixed version over 100MB while the standard version is only 30MB?

Puzzling, but no matter. Off to bed and we'll ponder in the morning.
CRAP! Bumped the laptop - power went out.
Screw it. I'll look at that in the morning, too.

Come the morn... and the laptop won't stay powered up for more than about 3 minutes - about the same as the time it takes to boot up.
Frelling joy.
Okay - let's break and go play in that newly built and ready KWSV game world.
Ah, that's fun. Oh, and look... WTF?!?!!
Why do all the women suddenly have men's bodies when they get naked? Everything was fine.

Now, understand. This wasn't a new situation. It happened before after learning that i had used an extra cmar penis file that shouldn't be there. We figured that's why my she-males weren't getting erections. But eliminating the alternate extra file didn't solve that problem - the new one of women with men's bodies appeared.
I figured this was due to the system setting details on the individual sims at the point of creation in CAS. So all the women who were created before the problem was found and corrected were remade. And things seemed pretty good. But a while later, women with men's bodies were spotted again.
All right, maybe if there's anyone built before the problem in the system, it could be 'spreading the disease'. And the entire population of the town was wiped and created again. And all was glorious and right in the world. (In a very wrong world, but right nonetheless.) Everything's been fine with no signs of the horrifying effect while playing and building.

And then this morning. (this morning, assuming that this manages to get posted Monday night, that is. It's this morning to me while i'm typing before trying a cut&paste quickie post.) And suddenly all was woohooed

So very disheartening, as you might suspect. And with the damn computer issues, it's not even possible to try to hunt for solutions at the moment.
I'm hoping that the problem is entirely on the play end in my set-up, and not in the town itself. That would be real damn nice. But either way, what's causing the freakshow and how to stop it is essential to any progress.

So. The Help Needed in the subject line.

That comes in multiple flavors.

Anyone with ideas of what's causing the body swaps, links to previous discussions with solutions, potential answers, etc.,; Please Speak Up!

I also need volunteer testers. I need a couple people who will download & test the saves to see if the issues manifest on your end. I need players of both the route-fixed and standard worlds.
I'm not certain when the files will be put online to grab, or how soon my reply will be. With the iffy nature of my access at the moment, there's no way to tell. But hopefully there's a back-up pos system coming in Friday, so there's be a fall back in place. So leave note here, or send a private message letting me know you're available to test, and which version of Sunset Valley you play.
I'll send links by pm when they're up, and my system is, too. (I've also made a couple extra archives to cover support files)

Damn. What a crash.
If anyone needs me, Becka & Santana Roja are heading back to Appaloosa Plains...

Archived