Viking's Daughter - 3D Open World RPG 9/10

Found a box! yeah. 2 more to go! Are they all near each other? I saved right where I found one.

Which was total blind luck! at least now I know what to look for. No shadows & knowing to look at the trees helped!

You can see this picture, it shows you where to find the chests - Link

Found second box! Looks different. At least they are big boxes!

Question = Will I be able to use the same save on a new updated version?

If I gotta search for these boxes every time theres an update I will go crazy!

We are trying to get the old saves to work, but it does not really make sense to load a save from v1.3 while playing v1.4 or at least some of the new features might be missing, since you don't have them in the save file.

Found second box! Looks different. At least they are big boxes!

Question = Will I be able to use the same save on a new updated version?

If I gotta search for these boxes every time theres an update I will go crazy!

We are trying to get the old saves to work, but it does not really make sense to load a save from v1.3 while playing v1.4 or at least some of the new features might be missing, since you don't have them in the save file.

ahh I figured. bummer. I hope u add that quest helper I've read about. the box search has really ruined the fun factor & ctanked the frustration level.

Hey guys,

We released this month’s backer build to $5+ supporters, you can download it from here.

Main Features

• New Character - Hilde, the sister of Alvilda

• New animation scene with Hilde in the hot springs

• New discovery quest

• Game performance optimization and better lighting

• Dialogues, better AI and navigation

• See the full changelog here

Download

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

We are releasing the new version of Viking's Daughter for free + the Quest Helper and you can download it from here

Main Features

• New Female Character - Hilde, the sister of Alvilda.

• New animation scene with Hilde in the hot springs.

• More SFW animations - run and turn left/right

• New discovery quest, that contains two tasks.

• Game performance optimization and better lighting.

• Better AI and navigation.

Full Changelog

Download

FalseReasonableAdamsstaghornedbeetle-max

4 hours ago, korbe said:

How do I find & use the quest helper?

I got 1.4. & was able to load my old save where I found 2 of the 3 boxes. (still looking)

I need help to get to the helper! ugh!

You just click "M" and as you walk, you will see a blue circle surrounding the area where the quest item is located. That blue circle will be visible when you are close to the quest item. Let me know if you need any help finding the chests, they are not that far away from the village and they are not on the other side of the island.

M not doing anything.

Sometimes when I click K button an overhead map will show up. if I'm in that map mode M will close it.

i'm at the spot where I found the 2nd chest & I wandered in map mode. no blue circles.

So I started over. She told me to look around. I did but can't find her again. She keeps moving!

So I gave up. I don't have time to wander aimlessly for hours & that's all this game seems to be.

Once I leave the village I can never find it again.!

So this game needs 2 things!

1. A quest page so I know what quest i'm on & how much I've done.

2. A compass & map icons like a Bethesda game. (fallout, skyrim)

Seriously needs these things. Wandering aimlessly sux & I don't have time for it. I'll try again after next update. I hope you figure out how to add these things cus your game looks great if I could get anywhere in it.

For now I must stay away cus I get so pissed when I gotta wander around for 20 minutes just to look at the village then can't find the girl to talk to her or spend HOURS lost in the woods. SO frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

We released this month’s backer build to $5+ supporters. You can download it from here.

You can see the new main features in build v1.5.0.

• A new NSFW scene and dialogues
  • Breast physics during all of the sex scenes.
  • A new NSFW scene and dialogues
  • Better graphics (trees, grass, rocks, stumps) and completely reworked the environment.
  • First person shooter mechanics and a new quest that has 6 tasks related to shooting targets.
  • Changed the order of the sex scenes to blowjob -> reverse cowgirl -> doggy and reworked some of the dialogues to match up with the new order.
  • Added hair model to the player.
  • Wind effects.
  • Options to disable the dialogue typewriter effect
  • Read the full changelog.

Download

ScpUsKQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

We released the public build for free and you can download it from here. You can see the new main features in build v1.5.0.

• + One NSFW scene and dialogues.

• Better graphics (trees, grass, rocks, stumps) and completely reworked the environment.

• First person shooter mechanics and a new quest that has 6 tasks related to shooting targets.

• Changed the order of the sex scenes to blowjob -> reverse cowgirl -> doggy and reworked some of the dialogues to match up with the new order.

• Added hair model to the player.

• Wind effects.

• Options to disable the dialogue typewriter effect.

• Read the full changelog

Download

AdvancedPeriodicBongo-max-14mb.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Update 1.5 & i'm back!

And I did 2 things I never did before!

1st= I found the village again after leaving it. yeah.

2nd= I found the 3rd chest! yeah! wouldn't you know it was right next to the town....literally.

I was WAY off!

So I finally got to the 1st sex scene! BJ!

Good = The animation is great & actually shows her face & the penetration!

(Unlike House Party that only shows the top of the girls head!)

The white typing on the top is much easier to read than the text at the bottom.

Bad = No audio! The girl needs a voice! AND the same voice actress needs to do the sex audio too.

Then everything got stolen & now I gotta find 4 things in the town! ugh. I did a quick look around but found nothing. ugh. this will take me another 4 months to figure out!

4 hours ago, korbe said:

Update 1.5 & i'm back!

And I did 2 things I never did before!

1st= I found the village again after leaving it. yeah.

2nd= I found the 3rd chest! yeah! wouldn't you know it was right next to the town....literally.

I was WAY off!

So I finally got to the 1st sex scene! BJ!

Good = The animation is great & actually shows her face & the penetration!

(Unlike House Party that only shows the top of the girls head!)

The white typing on the top is much easier to read than the text at the bottom.

Bad = No audio! The girl needs a voice! AND the same voice actress needs to do the sex audio too.

Then everything got stolen & now I gotta find 4 things in the town! ugh. I did a quick look around but found nothing. ugh. this will take me another 4 months to figure out!

It won't take you 4 months to find them, because in the next release, we are adding a map that shows the whole island (from above) and has markers with the quest items. This release will be available after about a week for patrons and after about 3 weeks for the public :smile:

I was able to play public version of your game up until the second "act", so far.
A few thoughts:
-During the second sex scene (Cowgirl on hay bail), my gtx 1080 goes through the roof. I don't know why, nothing else was running but this game. Up until then, no technical issues.
- You've addressed the Map Issue in the forum, so I appreciated that.
- The BJ scene, I was still trying to control and click things w/ my mouse, making my head fly all over the place. Maybe some control notes on the choices as it gets started so we the player can note the change of control mechanic (if that's there in that scene, I didn't catch it).
So far, everything else worked for me. It was fun, and interesting.
I look forward to your progress, good luck :smile:

On 3.01.2018 г. at 5:38 PM, boofer said:

I was able to play public version of your game up until the second "act", so far.
A few thoughts:
-During the second sex scene (Cowgirl on hay bail), my gtx 1080 goes through the roof. I don't know why, nothing else was running but this game. Up until then, no technical issues.
- You've addressed the Map Issue in the forum, so I appreciated that.
- The BJ scene, I was still trying to control and click things w/ my mouse, making my head fly all over the place. Maybe some control notes on the choices as it gets started so we the player can note the change of control mechanic (if that's there in that scene, I didn't catch it).
So far, everything else worked for me. It was fun, and interesting.
I look forward to your progress, good luck :smile:

Can you record a video of the reverse cowgirl scene so we will have an idea of what's going on.

14 hours ago, Centrophy said:

The last part of the bow training of getting a bunch of headshots in 10 seconds on the dummy is impossible (for me). The damn head keeps bouncing around which makes it not doable and the timer needs to be extended or something.

We balanced that quest and it will be easier when you play the next build. Right now, you can find one good spot and shoot from there without moving, maybe try to shoot it twice while it's moving or just wait for it to stop moving and then shoot.

4 hours ago, flyrenders said:

Can you record a video of the reverse cowgirl scene so we will have an idea of what's going on.

Visually, everything's fine. No stuttering, no lag. In fact, if it wasn't for the fan on the card going off w/ the animations (all of them, at this point in the story), I wouldn't know something was happening. But it is constant w/ the animations going off. The only other time it does that is when I play Hellblade on ultra.
My guess, and I don't know development at all, is that it's loading/setting up ALL the animations that I have accrued up to the point (At the end of the acts, I get the choice to replay previous sex scenes, as you know). But that's just a guess.

As for a vid, I am not set up for that here, but I will try.

7 hours ago, EvilReFlex said:

I'm just curious, why are you using the unity engine? 

We are more familiar with C# than with the other programming languages.

5 hours ago, boofer said:

Visually, everything's fine. No stuttering, no lag. In fact, if it wasn't for the fan on the card going off w/ the animations (all of them, at this point in the story), I wouldn't know something was happening. But it is constant w/ the animations going off. The only other time it does that is when I play Hellblade on ultra.
My guess, and I don't know development at all, is that it's loading/setting up ALL the animations that I have accrued up to the point (At the end of the acts, I get the choice to replay previous sex scenes, as you know). But that's just a guess.

As for a vid, I am not set up for that here, but I will try.

Okay, you will be able to replay the sex scenes in the house while playing v1.6.0, so we will see what might be causing it. I already have an idea it's a lighting issue that renders the grass more than it should be, have you noticed anything weird like an image appearing close to the camera? Can you try looking up when that happens and see if it still causes the problem?