SexLab & other sex mods are broken for me on different saves, some extreme & some pretty bad

SCROLL TO BOTTOM IF YOU JUST WANT TLDR PLEASE

I'm in desperate need of help with the mods I've tagged here. I apologize for the essay of text here but I wanted to explain the problem in its entirety so that if anyone is willing to help me, they know where I stand now & what I have gone through already. I've been getting help on this from jfraser, the author of Simple Slavery but I don't want to keep bugging him all the time because of my problems so I'm posting this here to bring in other help as well in the hopes that someone can help me.

The major issue I have is Simple Slavery, SD+, SexLab Defeat, Devous Framework, & SLAL Kidnapped are in extreme conflict with each other for my Skyrim. Yes I have all of these mods hard requirements & they're all at the latest versions. On my first character playthrough, I installed & initialized all the above mods one at a time on an already existing save filled with other mods, instead of creating a whole new save like some would suggest (this wasn't required by the mod authors so I assumed it was safe). Thus leads to the following issues affecting my first character:

SexLab Submit couldn't connect to SS, Kidnapped would never get triggered, SD+ & Maria Eden conflicted with each other which started through dialogue choices, Devious Framework & it's other mods wouldn't apply its cuffs & chains to my character during SS which I was only able to starte by manually going to the slave auction location, SexLab Defeat wouldn't use tagged threesome animations whether I was the victim or aggressor, & going to Simple Slavery's auction manually would not result in SD+ starting or anything at all actually.

To solve this, jfraser suggested starting a new save, but I had another character save already created through Alternate Start - Live Another Life but it was not touched outside the character creator & starting dungeon area. The character used was a custom race from Nexus, Dark Seducer. So I went to that character save & all the mods started re-initializing & activating to work on that save. As a result & after returning the mods respective settings to match my OG character's save, the following things happened:

SexLab Defeat finally used threesome animations, Kidnapped finally worked, & most important of all, Simple Slavery finally could be started by SexLab Defeat & could connect to SD+ as well. But this save came with its own problems too sadly.

SexLab Defeat was perfectly fine on this save & Simple Slavery also progressed the way it was supposed to, but Kidnapped would kick in right after SD+ would assign me a master from Simple Slavery, which would result in my master getting killed & Riften guards attacking me while the aggressors from Kidnapped were invulnerable & could immediately kidnap me. After this, I'd spawn in a cabin where the captors would try to do a rape animation but somehow, my master from Simple Slavery who would be killed back in Riften would spawn in the cabin too & interrupt the animation. Then I would receive on-screen messages about Devious Devices gear like blindfolds & spawn in a whole new random location, varying from outside Whiterun to inside the fort from the Azura's Star quest. Upon spawn, the Kidnapped: Revenge quest would start even though I'm still in captivity & one of those captors would also become my master. Then they'd try to force another animation which would trigger my master from Simple Slavery to spawn again & start combat.

Even after reloading a previous save long before either Simple Slavery or SexLab Defeat was triggered & even after turning the Kidnapped chances & settings to 0% chance of getting captured, Kidnapped would still happen in the middle of Riften after the slave auction & ruin whatever Simple Slavery & SD+ set my character up with. So I decided to create a whole new character.

I created a new character to start fresh entirely the same way I created my Dark Seducer character, through Alternate Start. I once again had to re-initialize & activate every SexLab mod through the MCM & return all the settings to what I had started with in the very beginning while accounting for the settings that prevent the previous bugs from happening, like turning on Kidnapped but deactivating it's settings responsible for starting a Kidnapped event in cities & towns. I did this all & made a new save then reloaded that save like some of these mods required me to before talking to the Alternate Start statue that would send me to my starting location.

The results were that SexLab Defeat properly took me to Simple Slavery, which would properly take me to my master for SD+ without Kidnapped randomly being triggered afterwards & everything was finally ok! Except for 2 things: I have been trying to play these mods with my character as a lesbian sex slave but SD+ gave me a male master. Also I did not set the animation tags for SexLab Defeat ahead of time because of how long it takes to do so. I purposely didn't set the tags just in case the mods didn't work properly like the last 2 character saves to save myself time. So I reloaded a save back to where Alternate Start dropped me & set all the tags appropriately. But when I went to have SexLab Defeat start & send me to Simple Slavery, it wouldn't recognize Simple Slavery all over again like my first character save. The difference is that this time, it also didn't recognize ANY of the tags I chose for SexLab Defeat animations, including ones that worked on my first character's save & it would only let me use the default ones. I assumed all of this would mean that Simple Slavery would suffer the same problem of not recognizing Defeat or SD+ at all. I was frustrated so I didn't check on that by going to the auction manually however.

I simply deleted the save made after Alternate Start sent me to my starting location & tried to set the Defeat tags from the Alternate Start dungeon area. That however changed nothing & going back further STILL changed nothing, resulting in that whole new character who managed to get all the mods working on the FIRST ATTEMPT, was now completely broken. So I deleted that character & the Dark Seducer saves as well. All I have left is my first original save, who hasn't done much but I'm worried that if I deleted her, I lose the most functional save I have with these mods (which said functionality could probably be rated at like a 60 or 70%).

I'm am currently testing ANOTHER new save & right now I'm re-initializing the mods again to work on that save, creating a new save then loading that save like certain mods require, & making sure I set ALL the settings for each mod & the Defeat animation tags before leaving the Alternate Start dungeon. I'm not sure if this will fix anything, but I'm going to try anyways so that way if it works, I can just make an update to this post & to jfraser that it's all solved now.

But if it doesn't work, you'll probably still see this post here meaning I'm still in need of help. I can provide whatever is needed to help you see what my game is doing like screenshots of my mod load order, the mod settings in MCM, the lines of words from the mods initializing on the top left of my screen to show what happens everytime I load a save, I could even record what happens when the mods fuck up in-game if whoever reads this needed it to help me. These mods are so much harder to work than Fallout 4's & Skyrim SE's & I don't know what else I can do. I'm hoping to avoid deleting all my mods & the game itself then reinstalling them all until as an absolute last resort because of how much time it took to get this far. I started with the game & Nexus mods last Friday & have been gathering SexLab mods since late Saturday but they are the most troublesome so far.

TLDR: I need comprehensive help on fixing these mods & I don't know what else to do anymore. If anyone here like mod authors, moderators, or just really experienced users see this & are willing to help me, I'd be very grateful & again, I apologize for the massive wall of text.

So I thought of some questions to ask anyone who'll help me if willing based off my story here to make it easier to understand without reading a wall of text:

1. What settings should I have in the MCM menu's of all these mods I mentioned (excluding the ones from Nexus) to prevent them from conflicting & help them connect to each other? Basically, how do I make sure that SexLab Defeat or SLAL Kidnapped or Devious Framework's leash game will send me to Simple Slavery which in turn sends me to either SD+ or Maria Eden?

2. What other conflicts do these mods have with others so I know which mods to completely avoid?

3. How do I uninstall all the above mods (except for the Nexus ones) & clean my game so I can restart the installation process in a way that ensures that these problems won't come back? (Meant as a last resort)

4. If I truly have to uninstall & reinstall them for a new clean save, what order must I install the mods & their requirements? (Excluding the obvious ones like SKSE, FNIS, SKYUI, XPMSE cuz I can't delete these ones)

5. Some of these mods have cleanup functions, will this help in fixing them without having to uninstall them & what specific order or method should I do it?

If I think of anything else, I'll mention them here or in a reply to someone if they choose to help me.

Remember if you need me to provide screenshots of the MCM settings or the load order or anything that can help find solutions quickly, please tell me & list exactly what I need to share.

Without reading everything, one of us has a problem with understanding things.

I have is Simple Slavery, SD+, SexLab Defeat, Devous Framework, & SLAL Kidnapped are in extreme conflict 

That's hardly possible. Not entirely sure about devious framework because i don't have much experience with it, but all those mods are made and meant to work together, which they do afaik.

Most likely your problems are found in the next paragraph: SL submit & Defeat can conflict easily with each other, since they do pretty much the same. If you use combat surrender from both, that's the reason for your problems and there is only one way around that: don't do it. You can use both mods at once with, for example, the submit mechanics to overpower NPCs and defeat to be overpowered by NPCs, but you can not use the same features from both mods. And there is little reason to use them both at once at all. If you want DD items for Defeat, try deviously captured instead of submit.

SD+ and Maria Eden: ME is not compatible with Devious Devices or any mod that uses them, like SD+. Period. Don't use them in the same game, it will always cause trouble.

I have had some problems with SL Kidnapped myself, i think that there are some bugs/problems, but i didn't have enough time and patience to test stuff properly. It's still in development, so if you encounter problems you should report them. It's not vinfamys main project right now, though, it might take some time until they get fixed. You could try to play around with settings like not beeing kidnapped while naked or something.

So, i'll try to answer your questions in the second post.

1. Don't know, i don't know why they should conflict either. Maybe it'll work if you get rid of submit and ME.

2. See above

3. Load a game before installing those mods or start a new game. There are save game cleaners and stuff and they might work, but you'll never be sure if any problem is caused by a left-over script or a conflict or something else.

4. No idea, i use MO with Loot to sort my load order and then i drag&drop the mods to adjust install order, afaik that's not possible with NMM... and definitly not with manual install. I don't care that much about learning a specific install order because i can easily change it any time.

5.  Depends on the mod. Many clean up functions just prepare the mod for uninstall, some do some reset to make stuff work again if it's broken, but in both cases it's a try, not a guarantee.

Another problem that often occurs are stack dumps, and those are related to your overall modlist, circumstances, CPU, settings, OS, running software,... in short: impossible to predict.

And the consequences of stack dumps as well. In short it means that too many scripts are running at the same time and the CPU can't process them all, so some will be just forgotten.

It can cause anything from nothing to mods stop working at all, or quests can't be finished, or just weird shit happens (any time after the stack dump). It's easy not to recognize it when it actually happens, and the log might already be overwritten by the time you recognize that something is wrong. Checking at least the size of your Papyrus log every 3-4 times you quit/start the game should give you a clue, usually it's quite large when they happen.

To prevent them in general: keep your script stress low. Try to avoid mods that run scripts every few seconds, and it does NOT matter if they are from Nexus or LL. CPUs don't really care if a mod is considered adult or not. Stop/reduce things like scanning times and regular checks for mods that offer it.

Even that isn't a guarantee that they can't happen, for example i had stack dumps every time (reloaded and tried a lot) when i made the dark brotherhood quest to kill the women at her marriage & was captured by prison overhaul. Too many NPCs there from vanilla, + some gilrs from cursed loot, additional vanilla scripts running, plus XPO running a lot of checks and stuff. Save, quit and check your log if you assume that a lot of scripts are running and you don't want to play 3 more hours before you learn that you have to do it all over again. Scripts and broken scripts are baked into your save game, and since there is no way for guaranteed success, i've stopped to try fix things and just reload instead.

Archived