Modern Firearm's has it along with the Tar-21, Aug, HK G36, a couple of shotguns, all kinds of AR's, Barrett 50's, AS-50's, Walther 2000, DSR, bolt guns, grenade launcher (6 shot, single shot, and under barrel attachments), FN Scar, ACR, an 88mm house killer, and much much more.

The latest version that I believe is available is over on Mod Database (v2.51 or so).

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cold-steel-hot-lead/downloads/modern-firearms-25-beta-11-pc

I'm kinda hoping they'll update it with the P90 and animations for the Aug and P90 off of nexus (holding reloading etc)...

The Aug animations should work with the other bull pup rifles...

Kinda hope they'll add .338 Lapua to the Walther 2000 (v2.51 offers it in .308 and .300 Winchester magnum).

• 2 weeks later...

Send a pm my way if you need fresh links, or check the current FAQ thread on bethnet.

Also, WhiskeyRiver finally found the issue with our see-through scopes and corrected it, but it caused them to become purple for some AMD users. It's as yet unclear if the fix is to replace both meshes and materials from the previous build (2.5 1.3) update the driver or use a fix posted for flickering compass on AMD cards. Anyone here with any input on that would be welcome, as none of us have an AMD card to replicate the issue with.

For other enquiries about Modern Firearms or Modern Sidearms, up to date Contraptions, stagger and damage patches we can be found at our discord server:

https://discord.gg/d8n6FXM

Further to my question above, it seems the issue with some scopes in Modern Firearms latest update is fixed (or brought back to its previous state) only by 'rolling back' the mesh AND material files from the previous version. As such, we've assembled a patch for the affected scope mesh/mat folders which is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rthx4i11g4qxpyw/2.5-1.4_Lens_Fix.zip

If anyone here with AMD problem experience can see what's gone wrong, we'd love to hear from you, as for most users the fix applied in 2.5 1.4 represents a major improvement.

Further to my question above, it seems the issue with some scopes in Modern Firearms latest update is fixed (or brought back to its previous state) only by 'rolling back' the mesh AND material files from the previous version. As such, we've assembled a patch for the affected scope mesh/mat folders which is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rthx4i11g4qxpyw/2.5-1.4_Lens_Fix.zip

If anyone here with AMD problem experience can see what's gone wrong, we'd love to hear from you, as for most users the fix applied in 2.5 1.4 represents a major improvement.

Questions:

Any chance of adding in the RU556 Animations for the AR style rifles (leaving the SCAR animations for the SCAR, ACR, and AK's).

Any chance of adding the Aug animations to the Bullpup's (Aug, FN 2k, IWI TAR-21, etc).

Any chance of adding .338 Lapua to the Walther 2000?

Wardaddy has been involved to a degree between his other projects, obviously he's added at least one animation set thus far, and we'll source and use anything we can. Idlesheep himself has been absent due to real life commitments for some time, and Whiskey is doing his utmost to clear up the issues that existed in the originally released 2.5beta, and doing pretty damn well considering the scale of the mod lol. 'Sheep made an awful lot of stuff real quick, and though that gives us a great set of options for building custom guns, it's freaking complex when it comes to adding new records, like assigning animation sets. It IS being worked on though, give it time.

As for the .338 Lapua, that sounds like a pretty reasonable request, I'll put it on the table at the suggestions channel over at the discord and see what happens.

Directly using things like the ru556 animations may or may not be problematic due to the almost tribal closing of ranks against Idlesheep in the nvidia mod competition, there are a lot of folk at the nexus who sided with Eli and DDP, and the effects of that are still felt, as crazy as that might be.

@BringTheNoise:

Got a pretty immediate response from Whiskey:

"To answer those in order: The plan is to use ShinyHax's AR animations rather than Ha_Ru's. Hardest part is finding someone who can help with the rigging, because none of us know how to do it.

The AUG animations are a possibility, War Daddy is usually cool with others using his animations. We already have permission to use his pump-action and Vector animations, but we'll double-check for the AUG animations just to be safe. CYA is never a bad idea, after all.

As for a .338 conversion for the Walther - It's possible, but not realistic. The WA2K was only ever built in .308, .300 Winchester Magnum or 7.5x55 Swiss."

Further to that, some interesting facts: only 176 wa2000's were ever made, with only 15 of them reaching the US. Current market value in the states is around $40k... The 10 round mag in MF never saw serious production (perhaps unsurprising as the rifle itself proved too expensive to make) and there's this about caliber conversion: converting from .300 to .338 is technically possible in the real world, but not simple, you need a new barrel, longer action and mag and a custom bolt to accommodate the wider rim. Too much info probably, but that's how conversations often go between us lol, those of us that weren't gun nuts to start with soon became gun nuts.

Naturally, if you or anyone else wants to help out getting their hands dirty rigging some animations, or just pointing us in the right direction, input is welcomed. Though I've been on the team since the start my involvement is largely communications, I have little knowledge of modding beyond competent user level, so Whiskey is running the show almost alone ATM.

Any chance of you posting the links to the new beta's as and when they happen in this thread? Would be nice to just be able to download them from here.

Been using v2.5-1.1 for ages, didn't even know it's been updated. Been making my own changes with the ck.

Sure, I'm thinking I'll just start a new thread in non-adult mods rather than continue to hijack this one. The latest is linked above by Legacyslayer, but we're talking to him directly now about the optics fix I was asking about, so another update may not be far away.

Links to updated damage patches and such would be included naturally.

I'll look at it when I get to my PC tonight, I might be able to get it into the downloads by uploading the damage patches, and I'll check with the other guys what they'd like me to do.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Holding fire briefly on posting here as with LegacySlayer's heroic efforts on our side it seems we may be on the verge of having a MUCH cleaner plug-in around the corner. For the meantime use the link to 2.5 1.4 above.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived