Current research on Custom Skeletons?

Hey there, I was told by a few people this would be the place to go for some information relating to animations & skeleton stuff. What's the current state of custom skeletons? I've tried reading around and in the few places that I found some info the end result was "we don't have the tools" although it doesn't go into more detail than that. What's missing? It seems like the BGS Exporter tools should be able to export a custom skeleton (I haven't figured out how to get ragdoll data to 'stick' to bones on export with PE Skeleton, although I have BSBound figured out. which is used for general hitbox detection iirc.) and in retail skeleton nif files they don't require any Havok information (otherwise you would see it in BSED).

ANY information would be useful, thanks!

I think this might be better asked in the animations thread we have going by ShadeAnimator. He along with others there are experts in the current state of what's possible and what's not. However what exactly isa custom skeletion needed for? Last I checked it seems that the fallout skeleton plays well with most animations, including custom ones, only issues I see are the CBBE knee glitch and perhaps high heels.

Thread in question: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64567-fallout-4-animation-modding-for-modders-and-animators/

I think this might be better asked in the animations thread we have going by ShadeAnimator. He along with others there are experts in the current state of what's possible and what's not. However what exactly isa custom skeletion needed for? Last I checked it seems that the fallout skeleton plays well with most animations, including custom ones, only issues I see are the CBBE knee glitch and perhaps high heels.

Thread in question: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64567-fallout-4-animation-modding-for-modders-and-animators/

Hey thanks, I'll ask my question there as well.

I was thinking more along the lines of creating NEW skeletons for different types of creatures and what-not rather than editing current skeletons in retail. I'm actually pretty close except for figuring out the 'sticking' data stuff.

Archived