Immersive Power Armor HUD(s) WIP

View File

Since I'm a bit of a power armor/mecha nerd, the helmets/cockpits of the FO4 PAs always bothered me a bit. They fit the purpose, but just are not immersive enough. In my opinion, PAs should make one feel protected, powerful, and an immersive helmet UI is a very big part of that illusion. So I started pulling my photoshop and (limited) modding skills together and started working on my own little mod by riffing off the other PA UI mods on the Nexus, and I think I did quite well for a start.

CURRENT CONTENT:
- Raider power armor helmet and dashboard with different visual options like decorations and damage effects.
- T-45 power armor helmet and dashboard with different visual options like decorations and damage effects.

CURRENTLY WIP:
- T-51 power armor helmet and dashboard with different visual options like decorations and damage effects.
- T-60 power armor helmet and dashboard with different visual options like decorations and damage effects.
- X-01 power armor helmet and dashboard with different visual options like decorations and damage effects.

FUTURE PLANS:
- Implementation of HUDs for popular mods like the Enclave X-02, T-49, Tumbajamba's Combat Power Armor, etc.
- Exploring the possibility of making the game auto switch HUDs based on PA helmet used and it's damage state.
- Possible implementation of visible first person helmet visors into the game.

INSTALLATION:
Pick the HUD by power armor model you want to use and install via NMM/MO. The file structure inside the ZIP is optimised for mod manager use, so I wouldn't attempt to install them manually.

DEINSTALLATION:
Just remove via mod manager or delete the following files:
*\data\meshes\effects\CameraAttachedFX\CameraAttach_WetArmorView.nif
*\data\meshes\interface\objects\padashdials01.nif
*\data\meshes\interface\objects\PADashPipboyScreen.nif
*\data\textures\effects\ColorBlackUtility.dds
*\data\textures\effects\NixieTubeNumbers01_d.dds
*\data\textures\effects\PowerArmorVisorGlassFX_d.dds
*\data\textures\effects\PowerArmorVisorGlassFX_n.dds
*\data\textures\effects\PowerArmorVisorGlassFX_s.dds
*\data\textures\interface\PA <whole folder>

CONFLICTS:
Should only arise when used with mods that change meshes and/or textures associated with the power armor HUD or power armor pip UI. Just install "Immersive Power Armor HUD" overwriting any conflicts, and it should work as intended.

REQUIREMENTS:
None.

CREDITS:
Picture artworks done by the wonderfully talented Chipman Starratt (http://chipman1911.deviantart.com)

Textures and meshes inspired by:
Makconner's Spartan Cockpit - http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/22246/?
KeithVSmith's Power Armor HUD Visor - http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/6985/?
Hellstorm102's Power Armor HUD - No Transparency - http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/3106/?

Switching HUD's for power armour helmets, I like it... :)

I used to use a mod called Helmet Overlays, from the Nexus. That does a similar thing on Skyrim, that you want to do on Fallout 4. Checking through the overlays, it looks like they have a ton more overlays since I last used it... Helmet Overlays.

Oh, I actually didn't know about this mod, but yea, that's what it's supposed to be at some point... although, for implementing stuff like dynamic lighting and auto switching helmets, I'll probably will have to get help from a coder.

Thanks for sharing that mod, though. :D

Also: T-45 should be incoming in a couple of hours, stay suned!

Also also: If anyone want's to have a pinup worked into one of the presets, show me, and maybe I'll put it in... for now, I'll stick to what I have in my "lewd library". ;)

Exploring the possibility of making the game auto switch HUDs based on PA helmet used and it's damage state.

This would be awesome! :)

I know in theory how it might work, but I'll definitely need help coding there... but first things first:

T-51 (inkl. Nuka Cola special issue) and T-60 (inkl. Atom Cats custom job) will be done back to back next.

In the meantime, enjoy the immersive T-45 experience, and please comment! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This is really awesome. I currently have a clear hud for my PA because the vanilla hud was just weird, but I really like this. Very immersive!

EDIT: Just found out a minor problem. The damaged version for the screen with the fancy cracks and such, also affects T.V.s. Was trying to figure out why my T.V. screens were all smashed up and cracked, and it was from this mod when using the damaged version.

Still a neat mod regardless, but going to have to stick with the clean version so it doesn't break all my T.V. screens. :P

The file is the ColorBlackUtility.dds by the way, just for a heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Something I noticed after this mod. 1st person its great! However when I go to 3rd person, I loose the 3rd person HUD for PA. 

Also yeah, the 45 and raider clash in HUDS, until it can be scripted I guess to switch depending on the armor.

Also, when you bring up Pipboy in the armor, the display is not centered. Its off to the right.

Edit: Its the 45 PA that has the off centered Pipboy

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...