System Spec Help

*FOR SKYRIM* So ive been playing on this pc for a while and it runs the game fairly well. I can play on high setting and the game doesn't look as bad but i want it to look even better. I cant run an enb because then my fps goes to shit. So im here to take any recommendations on what to upgrade and what to upgrade them to.

Here are my specs: (i know its shit compared to other setups)

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.8 GHz

8 GB ram

AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Thank you

You don't need a mega card if you just want high quality settings and a light and basic ENB.

I have an RX460 4GB card (the single-slot model from XFX, really one of a kind)  and can run some light ENB effects along with CoT, a very light install of SMIM, and the Skyrim HD2k Lite version of textures. As usual, I do run high resolution skin textures without optimizations. Game settings are manually tuned, the most significant hit on FPS is from running high ugrids and massive view distances. Note that my version of the card does not have an auxilary power connector, and will happily run off the PCIe slot's power. Long term average power use is just around 50W.

It takes some time to tune an ENB for performance, but is probably worth it. You should also use some effects directly from the video card drivers, such as Vsync and AF. I rarely dip below 30fps with ENB's edge AA, performance is much better with hardware AA but looks worse. I could get up to 40fps outdoors with some more tuning, but I like the way the game looks at these settings. Indoors is always 60fps except in crowded places such as the Luxury Suite with lots of NPCs, where it can drop to 45 or so. To get these kind of results it will not be possible to drag and drop an ENB, you will have to tune it by hand.

Oh, and I run 2560x1600, with 78 degree FOV. At 1080p with 75 degrees you get significantly more fps, IIRC almost 50 outdoors.

Archived